The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Mid to long term plans are restructured North Terracing and Astroturf, astro is no brainer IMO for the style of football we try to play.

Smith also bought land behind the North Terracing, definitely sounds as if improving Somerset instead of fucking off to a new out of town lego brick stadium is the way forward, thank f**k.

Edited by rb123!

LC gone a bit more bullish about plans agreed than Dave Smith wanted to in interview, he wanted to not say too much incase things didn't workout or whatever, Cameron said this:

"revamp the North Terracing (toilets, pie stalls, offices, gym, parking and potential covering) within the next three years and then within five years, further improvements to the main stand."

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Quite annoyed that we won’t be playing our original fixture v Alloa tonight. With teams still having fixtures to be replayed from earlier postponements, when the SPFL decided to stop the lower leagues and SC, they should have had the original league ties reinstated for tonight or tomorrow to stop a further back log. Only yesterday the EPL cancelled the Spurs/Villa match for tonight and scheduled the Spurs/Fulham match for tomorrow instead. 

Need to be tested to play now. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

So the only way this could have played out is playing tested or not at all. It may open up additional Government funding for clubs paying for tests as it is now only 12 rather than the full league and non-league structure. 

The other option of course is having all professional footballers vaccinated as a priority, over someone in a high risk bracket which wouldn't go well. 

You've just received £0.5m from the Govt. How much more do you need to carry out less than £3k of testing for a few weeks?

When Dave Smith talks about purchasing land, was he relating to bit for Jim Kirkwoods housing or is it one of the two bits i've scribbled behind the hospitality. If it's the bit in yellow it's an awkward shape and not much of a size to do anything with. However he's a builder and he's created the Somerset Hub on what is a weird corner shape of land so if anyone can make something work i'm sure he can.

Untitled.png

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

When Dave Smith talks about purchasing land, was he relating to bit for Jim Kirkwoods housing or is it one of the two bits i've scribbled behind the hospitality. If it's the bit in yellow it's an awkward shape and not much of a size to do anything with. However he's a builder and he's created the Somerset Hub on what is a weird corner shape of land so if anyone can make something work i'm sure he can.

Untitled.png

The green I’m sure is Ayrshire Wedding Cars. From what’s been said I would imagine it’s the red and/or yellow. 

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Untitled.png

I maybe read it wrong but my understanding of the NT refurbishment would be more an entire new stand with facilities built in to it as opposed to just sticking a roof on the existing terracing ?? so looking at the yellow squiggles and drawing across would maybe give us the room to build an entire new stand when taking away the hospitality, car parking and existing access behind where the old black and white shop used to sit ??

29 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Great news and exciting times. What time we planning on announcing the 5 year deals for Cammy Smith and Luke McCowan? 

I thought £500k bid for Shankland would be a more fitting way to start the new reign off