The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Given the Govt has just given every Championship club £0.5m, the argument that they "cant afford" to test at about £3k a week for half a season isnt going to hold much water!

I beg to differ, that money was given to clubs to cover losses of income due to no fans being at games, going to end up giving a large chunk of it back to the Government/NHS for testing which hardly seems fair when they were originally told this money was to help keep clubs afloat

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55616399?fbclid=IwAR2Bml0RVOg92ZhthcoQUhX1bTwbuUQnQjgNfM_YEonLyPZs5VjT17IEVp0

Scottish football suspended below championship level, scottish championship will continue but with clubs now carrying out weekly PCR covid tests.

Many questions to be answered here:

1. Who's paying, we having to use the money from the government which was supposed to be to cover losses of income due to no fans, effectively mean having to hand money back to government for testing.

2. Is our game to Elgin in the scottish cup off tomorrow night, apparantly it is, how does that effect next round of cup?

3. Does that mean we can play the league game at home to Alloa tomorrow night which we were supposed to be doing in the first place, as far as i know there was no official confirmation from our end that the Alloa game tomorrow night had been cancelled, maybe they knew this was coming. 

4. Initial tests could come back with a lot of asymptomatic positives which could leave us and many championship clubs fecked.

1. Clubs will have to pay if they want to play. I presume it will be a majority vote rather than some clubs having the right to opt out, that would be farcical. It's not the Govt you pay for testing, it's a private company. At this stage we're talking 3 weeks at presumably circa £3k to £5k pw per club depending on how many personnel they test.

2. Yes it will be off. Cup matches are going to end up being rescheduled to the detriment of League games later I assume. Midweeks are inevitable.

3. No, Clearly not time to reorganise a league game now for tomorrow and even if you could you couldn't test and get a result by tomorrow. Getting one by Saturday at this stage when nobody has testing booked will be problematic enough.

4. Indeed they could, but that's the position every Premiership club has been in all season.

I beg to differ, that money was given to clubs to cover losses of income due to no fans being at games, going to end up giving a large chunk of it back to the Government/NHS for testing which hardly seems fair when they were originally told this money was to help keep clubs afloat

At approx £3k a week thats at most £60k out of the £500k we have been given. 

There's not a chance in hell that Ayr United have lost £0.5m of income due to fans not being at games. Hearts could claim that undoubtedly. Clubs like Ayr United and Queen of the South could not. That's what comes of giving a flat rate by division.

1 minute ago, honestly united said:

At approx £3k a week thats at most £60k out of the £500k we have been given. 

If it is the case for the rest of the season, yes. That's fairly unlikely although I guess quite possible. I imagine it will end up being longer than 3 weeks certainly.

Fair enough on cost of testing, lets just hope no clubs have gone and spunked it on stuff which they weren't supposed to and blown most of it already, i get the feeling the championship clubs have hardly been consulted on this either. I mean SFA statement says "The SPFL Championship will also be able to continue provided it commences weekly PCR testing"

Sounds to me as if they're assuming all championship clubs are going to agree to testing, no doubt that'll turn into a farce again....

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Fair enough on cost of testing, lets just hope no clubs have gone and spunked it on stuff which they weren't supposed to and blown most of it already, i get the feeling the championship clubs have hardly been consulted on this either. I mean SFA statement says "The SPFL Championship will also be able to continue provided it commences weekly PCR testing"

Sounds to me as if they're assuming all championship clubs are going to agree to testing, no doubt that'll turn into a farce again....

They won't have been consulted. I'd be surprised if they didn't vote to test though. They voted to come back in the first place when testing was at that point thought to be required. Since then they've been given £0.5m of taxpayer money. There's really no economic argument for not getting on with it. I accept there may be a moral one.

Hearts in particular will inevitably be pressuring for the game to continue.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They won't have been consulted. I'd be surprised if they didn't vote to test though. They voted to come back in the first place when testing was at that point thought to be required. Since then they've been given £0.5m of taxpayer money. There's really no economic argument for not getting on with it. I accept there may be a moral one.

Hearts in particular will inevitably be pressuring for the game to continue.

God hope there isn't a vote... Dundee's might get lost again. Would be surprised if Hearts being the size of club they are haven't already been doing testing regardless of whether they weren't required to. 

How much of season needs to be played to count as enough to be a finsihed season, i take it the amount played so far would allow for null and void if we weren't to play again until August say

Just now, rb123! said:

God hope there isn't a vote... Dundee's might get lost again. Would be surprised if Hearts being the size of club they are haven't already been doing testing regardless of whether they weren't required to. 

How much of season needs to be played to count as enough to be a finsihed season, i take it the amount played so far would allow for null and void if we weren't to play again until August say

Of course there will be a vote. How else will they decide? Hearts probably have been testing. They were certainly doing so through August to October.  No idea if they've stopped since or still are. They can't play on by themselves though. Either everyone plays or nobody does.

How long is a piece of string? The clubs refused the SPFL Management Board permission to make executive decisions in the event of a shutdown so if it closes permanently we'll end up where we did last season with the same arguments.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Of course there will be a vote. How else will they decide? Hearts probably have been testing. They were certainly doing so through August to October.  No idea if they've stopped since or still are. They can't play on by themselves though. Either everyone plays or nobody does.

How long is a piece of string? The clubs refused the SPFL Management Board permission to make executive decisions in the event of a shutdown so if it closes permanently we'll end up where we did last season with the same arguments.

All that shenanigans would probably keep up occupied for long enough to keep us amused through to August lol

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

So how in hell is this going to work with Alloa and Arbroath who are part time.

Was just saying this to someone else, hardly fair how the two part time teams in our league can continue however league 1 has two full time clubs (Falkirk and Partick) who have to stop

Was just saying this to someone else, hardly fair how the two part time teams in our league can continue however league 1 has two full time clubs (Falkirk and Partick) who have to stop

What do you propose they do about it? And you can add Airdrie (I think) and Queen's Park who are also full time.

The statement makes it clear it's based on being majority full time rather than majority part time. They can't chuck Arbroath and Alloa out for a month. I suppose they could postpone their fixtures but they obviously didn't deem it sufficiently additionally risky for them to need to do that as long as they test accordingly.

I may have picked this up wrong but I thought all clubs were giving money at start of season from the Hearts beneficiary, was that not meant to contribute towards carrying out Covid tests ? If clubs spend that money on other things then they should not be complaining too much about now having to fork out for tests 

32 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I may have picked this up wrong but I thought all clubs were giving money at start of season from the Hearts beneficiary, was that not meant to contribute towards carrying out Covid tests ? If clubs spend that money on other things then they should not be complaining too much about now having to fork out for tests 

Might be misremembering but did David Smith not say in his half time interview at the Dundee game that we used some of that money for the new toilets and dugouts etc.?   

ETA: It was actually here  https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/fans-can-play-part-big-22807635 

Edited by GaryMc93

22 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

This 

48 minutes ago, Iain said:

Time to declare all the divisions null and void and start again in August, I think.

Why? We’re been given a solution with regards to testing? 

11 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Might be misremembering but did David Smith not say in his half time interview at the Dundee game that we used some of that money for the new toilets and dugouts etc.?   

Nope , the money for toilets etc came  directly from him