The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, rb123! said:

Nah think that was more of a penalty to be honest, first one wasn't in a million years, was more comical that they took about 5 seconds to make the completely wrong decision for the first one

Still pretty soft, unfortunately they've just equalised though.

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Nah think that was more of a penalty to be honest, first one wasn't in a million years, was more comical that they took about 5 seconds to make the completely wrong decision for the first one

Aye, Marshall made a complete @rse of it.

Well, that's a week passed since my dramatic tears and spotters post right after the QoS game saying we would go down.  Settled down a bit but just not getting any more confidence / enthusiasm for the season.  Strangely enough I like Kerr and wouldn't sack him - dont think its right sacking a manager when he has only had one chance to build a team without getting to fix it.  

However - I just cant get any motivation to even watch us anymore this season and can't see where the wins are coming from.  Think it's probably largely due to the whole lockdown stuff - been absolutely soul destroying watching the all too predictable collapses v Arbroath,  Hearts and far more sickeningly Morton and QoS on a stream at home and then immediately having to just switch the telly off and not even have a few pints to let off steam - I'm just totally scunnered.

Looking at the games from Tuesday right through to the Arbroath game and struggling to see where any points come from - and I'm normally a bit of a happy clapper/ over optimistic type haha. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think we can rule out Aaron Drinan signing. Starting for Ipswich tonight. Jack Hamilton at Livingston would be worth a punt imo. Done really well for East Fife this season and has been recalled. Jordan White another option. 

Similar player to Moffat but Moffat is currently better. If you have someone to play off Hamilton's flick-ons it might be worth a gamble but he wouldn't come in and score a barrowload.

😂

Is this a joke going over my head? I genuinely cant think of two less 'similar' attacking players than Moffat and Hamilton. 

Hamilton is a mobile targetman. Bit raw but quite a lot of football under his belt for one so young. I liked him and quite hoped we might get him back. As a partner for Dobbie he did ok and would only have got better. Not much of a scorer but seems to have found more of a scoring touch at East Fife. He wouldnt really fit our current style though.

[emoji23]
Is this a joke going over my head? I genuinely cant think of two less 'similar' attacking players than Moffat and Hamilton. 
Hamilton is a mobile targetman. Bit raw but quite a lot of football under his belt for one so young. I liked him and quite hoped we might get him back. As a partner for Dobbie he did ok and would only have got better. Not much of a scorer but seems to have found more of a scoring touch at East Fife. He wouldnt really fit our current style though.
Really? So you think a Stewart Kean/Graham Weir type striker is more similar to Moffat than Hamilton? Hamilton was an out ball who held the ball up and brought people into play, linking up well with the striker. That's similar to Moffat's style. If you think there aren't similarities between the two then we've been watching two entirely different players.

48 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Well, that's a week passed since my dramatic tears and spotters post right after the QoS game saying we would go down.  Settled down a bit but just not getting any more confidence / enthusiasm for the season.  Strangely enough I like Kerr and wouldn't sack him - dont think its right sacking a manager when he has only had one chance to build a team without getting to fix it.  

However - I just cant get any motivation to even watch us anymore this season and can't see where the wins are coming from.  Think it's probably largely due to the whole lockdown stuff - been absolutely soul destroying watching the all too predictable collapses v Arbroath,  Hearts and far more sickeningly Morton and QoS on a stream at home and then immediately having to just switch the telly off and not even have a few pints to let off steam - I'm just totally scunnered.

Looking at the games from Tuesday right through to the Arbroath game and struggling to see where any points come from - and I'm normally a bit of a happy clapper/ over optimistic type haha. 

^Pretty much my current outlook. Pretty scunnered at the moment tbh. Its definitely made worse not seeing the team in the flesh.

32 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Had McCall, or probably any Ayr manager  had the same results since the start of the season, I'd have been at least privately calling for his head. 

Kerr frustration in his post match interviews in the recent weeks has probably matched most fans. I don't expect he has any huge emotional attachment to the club in the way most fans do but with this being his first managerial post, if it goes badly it could well be his only one in the senior game.  He could easily come out and say "rub of the green" or "we just don't have the resources to compete" like previous managers, blame budgets or training facilities or luck but he has been reasonably honest (comments about the midfield in the QOTS game aside) about the teams failings. 

He of course is the only one who can influence change and has hired most of the currently underperforming/failing squad. His evident frustration has made me think that he should be given time to get it right or at least try to.

Gary Caldwell was a warning that players with a philosophy don't make good managers, Kerr hasn't had players traumatised in a mock kidnapping yet so I have hope that he can turn it around. Hope doesn't trump facts though so he needs to start quickly. 

43 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
58 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:
emoji23.png

Really? So you think a Stewart Kean/Graham Weir type striker is more similar to Moffat than Hamilton? Hamilton was an out ball who held the ball up and brought people into play, linking up well with the striker. That's similar to Moffat's style. If you think there aren't similarities between the two then we've been watching two entirely different players.

I'm genuinely unsure if you have ever seen Michael Moffat play before. He is far closer to Dobbie in style than Jack Hamilton. Its a completely bizarre comparison to draw. I really thought it was some knd of joke I was missing. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm genuinely unsure if you have ever seen Michael Moffat play before. He is far closer to Dobbie in style thsn Jack Hamilton. Its a completely bizarre comparison to draw. I really thought it was some knd of joke I was missing. 

Moffat played like Dobbie in his younger years as a get in behind player who could score. However ever since we got him back in 2017, he molded as a cheaper Dennis Bergkamp.

I'm genuinely unsure if you have ever seen Michael Moffat play before. He is far closer to Dobbie in style than Jack Hamilton. Its a completely bizarre comparison to draw. I really thought it was some knd of joke I was missing. 
So Moffat doesn't hold the ball up well, link up with the striker and bring others into play?

I think it's yourself who hasn't been watching Moffat.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

So Moffat doesn't hold the ball up well, link up with the striker and bring others into play?

I think it's yourself who hasn't been watching Moffat.

Moffat can certainly do those things. A mobile targetman like Hamilton he is not. Never was, never will be. 

36 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Moffat played like Dobbie in his younger years as a get in behind player who could score. However ever since we got him back in 2017, he molded as a cheaper Dennis Bergkamp.

Dobbie has never been a 'get in behind' player, certainly not since he came back to us. He more like a Bergkamp too. Hasnt gone as deep as Moffat is these days right enough but its a far closer comparison than Jack Hamilton. Hamilton's more like Drinnan.

Moffat can certainly do those things. A mobile targetman like Hamilton he is not. Never was, never will be. 
I never said Moffat was a targetman. I doubt someone his height ever would be. But he has the same style as Hamilton with regards to the other aspects of his play, which you've just agreed with.

Hardly the "bizarre comparison" you originally claimed.

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I never said Moffat was a targetman. I doubt someone his height ever would be. But he has the same style as Hamilton with regards to the other aspects of his play, which you've just agreed with.

Hardly the "bizarre comparison" you originally claimed.

I never said you did. But thats what Hamilton is. 100%. There is no comparison whatsoever to Moffat. Its utterly bizarre.

I never said you did. But thats what Hamilton is. 100%. There is no comparison whatsoever to Moffat. Its utterly bizarre.
Oh, so Hamilton doesn't hold up the ball, bring others into play and link with the striker? I clearly saw a different Hamilton to the one you watched then.