The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Pretty unfair to judge Walsh based on his first appearance after a long injury plus he's coming into a struggling side and he's already proven himself as a top player at this level while at Inverness.

Similarly Murdoch has actually been very poor for us so far this season but seems to escape criticism due to his past performances and the fact he's just returned after nearly a full season out.

Unfortunately for us and Walsh, it looks like this is going to be a recurring theme which Caley fans warned us about and is realistically the reason we were able to land him. Murdoch I completely agree, he’s been terrible. If he’s watched the 2nd goal back and isn’t embarrassed something is wrong. Kerr seems to think he is undroppable. 

12 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

This is all assuming a) Walsh is fit and b) actually up to much. We’re into January now and he’s played about 120 minutes of football and bar a decent 45 at Albion (who lets face it, aren’t up to much) hasn’t done much. Seemingly didn’t do much on Saturday. If we’re going 4 at the back I’d rather have Miller or Muirhead in centre mid and dropping into a back 3 when the full backs are pushing on and McCowan and Smith are the starters. Walsh being a one year contact may come to be a blessing, same with Zanatta. 

This Muirhead in midfield chat really needs to stop.

Pretty unfair to judge Walsh based on his first appearance after a long injury plus he's coming into a struggling side and he's already proven himself as a top player at this level while at Inverness.
Similarly Murdoch has actually been very poor for us so far this season but seems to escape criticism due to his past performances and the fact he's just returned after nearly a full season out.

Not sure what else we can judge him on other than his contributions this season.

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Unfortunately for us and Walsh, it looks like this is going to be a recurring theme which Caley fans warned us about and is realistically the reason we were able to land him. Murdoch I completely agree, he’s been terrible. If he’s watched the 2nd goal back and isn’t embarrassed something is wrong. Kerr seems to think he is undroppable. 

I think the reason we were able to land him was that we offered a one year deal but ICT only wanted a two year deal. He wanted a prem move but it didn't materialise, won't next season either by the looks of it so who knows what his plans for Ayr being a stepping stone are now

19 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Can’t see there being a game on Saturday in Elgin  don’t know why ourselves and others haven’t moved the game to Sunday like livingstone, as this will mean a midweek visit which will be horrendous.

Funnily enough, the list of pitch inspections announced didn’t include our game.  Maybe they have a plastic pitch?  

Tom Walsh is a very good player at this level and if it wasn’t for his injury record he’d be playing in the Scottish premiership. That being said his attempt at a block for Queens second goal on Saturday was a disgrace. Andy Murdoch quite rightly getting criticism for his attempt at a tackle however not much being said about the “block”. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Tom Walsh is a very good player at this level and if it wasn’t for his injury record he’d be playing in the Scottish premiership. That being said his attempt at a block for Queens second goal on Saturday was a disgrace. Andy Murdoch quite rightly getting criticism for his attempt at a tackle however not much being said about the “block”. 

Add Chalmers to that too. The fact it's not just one  player  culpable here, but several, is concerning.

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Add Chalmers to that too. The fact it's not just one  player  culpable here, but several, is concerning.

I think they are all Championship quality players undoubtedly, they're all just so bloody slow, less noticeable when all split up.  How did Chalmers play full back, he must have been roasted for pace every week. 

30 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think they are all Championship quality players undoubtedly, they're all just so bloody slow, less noticeable when all split up.  How did Chalmers play full back, he must have been roasted for pace every week. 

He probably never ventured into the other half of the pitch. He must have been  good at guessing what  the opposition player was going to do 

Edited by ryanayr1987

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Guy is obviously a complete clown

I think he's disabled m8.  He's pretending to run a team entering the lowland league next year.  Selling season tickets and strips on twitter.  

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think he's disabled m8.  He's pretending to run a team entering the lowland league next year.  Selling season tickets and strips on twitter.  

I wondered that after I posted hence why I deleted but @ryanayr1987 quoted it before it had deleted.

I’m a terrible guy 

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Murdoch is also proven with us. Pre injury he was a class act and arguably could have got a move if he kept developing. It’s easy to put this down to injury but perhaps the long ball tactics or system isn’t helping