The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

46 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Does anyone know if the club will profit from the huge recent surge of Bitcoin ??

I remember reading something that the Bitcoin price was related to our sponsorship deal with CA ??

Let's hope so !!!

Probably nothing significant, although I think I remember reading something that the sponsorship deal was originally paid for using Bitcoin.  However, IIRC, Lachlan quickly had the money exchanged into real currency.  I think he has made his money in finance so I'd trust his judgement on that one.  It might mean CA has a bit more cash, but whether or not that means we could ask for an increase in sponsorship fee I'm not so sure.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

With that signing how does our defence line up now?

Do we drop Houston and Roscoe and play Muirhead at full back and Ndaba or do we just drop Baird and play Muirhead and Ndaba in the middle of our defence?

Muirhead and Nbada after Baird fucks us out the cup on Saturday.  

32 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Probably nothing significant, although I think I remember reading something that the sponsorship deal was originally paid for using Bitcoin.  However, IIRC, Lachlan quickly had the money exchanged into real currency.  I think he has made his money in finance so I'd trust his judgement on that one.  It might mean CA has a bit more cash, but whether or not that means we could ask for an increase in sponsorship fee I'm not so sure.

Yes, my own personal thoughts are that Bitcoin is nothing but a sham and a massive ponzi scheme, however it is still rocketing (unbelievably) and if we were benefiting at all then all good.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, my own personal thoughts are that Bitcoin is nothing but a sham and a massive ponzi scheme, however it is still rocketing (unbelievably) and if we were benefiting at all then all good.

From the sounds of it there's a good chance of the price doubling again by this time next year

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

From the sounds of it there's a good chance of the price doubling again by this time next year

Never mind  about this dull financial stuff , is Loko coming to Super Ayr on the 17th ?

2 minutes ago, North British said:

Never mind  about this dull financial stuff , is Loko coming to Super Ayr on the 17th ?

Who knows, it's a possibility. Martindale saying we might have one or two more in by midweek. Just signed Reilly so would look like he'd go out again. 

Depends if he'd be the right kind of player for you as well though - I've no idea how you set up. Maybe him or Salim Kouider-Aissa/Jack Hamilton.

We've got those 3, Scott Robinson, Gavin Reilly, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Matej Poplatnik so 7 strikers is a bit much :D 

Edited by ATLIS

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Who knows, it's a possibility. Martindale saying we might have one or two more in by midweek. Just signed Reilly so would look like he'd go out again. 

Depends if he'd be the right kind of player for you as well though - I've no idea how you set up. Maybe him or Salim Kouider-Aissa/Jack Hamilton.

We've got those 3, Scott Robinson, Gavin Reilly, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Matej Poplatnik so 7 strikers is a bit much :D 

Edited just now by ATLIS

According to Kerr we’re looking for a lump in the Arron Drinan (6ft 2in) mode who can lead the line and hold up/link up play . No 10’s and wingers we have a plenty but we don’t have a no9 ..

What length of contract did he go on at Livingston .?

32 minutes ago, North British said:

According to Kerr we’re looking for a lump in the Arron Drinan (6ft 2in) mode who can lead the line and hold up/link up play . No 10’s and wingers we have a plenty but we don’t have a no9 ..

What length of contract did he go on at Livingston .?

Reilly signed an 18 month. 

Lump up front sounds like Jet to be fair, has zero pace but great ability on the ball. Lokotsch also fits the bill too so I'd say it's fairly likely you could end up with one of those two. Hamilton also sounds similar to that but I have a feeling he'll stay at EF

5 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Sinisalo

Muirhead Baird Ndaba

houston                          Reading

Chalmers Murdoch 

smith                                  Mccowan/Walsh

New st/Moffat 

gives stability where we have been weak removes some of the vulnerabilities in midfield and gives us a chance to be more creative 

Do we need full/wing backs?

LINEUP111610052026601.png

46 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Are they not both on loan at Raith/East Fife respectively until end of season?

Saw big Lars or whatever he's called in cameo sub appearance against us and he looked woeful so i hope it's not him, boy Hamilton at East Fife looks promising, 7 goals in 9 league matches, i'd take him lol

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Are they not both on loan at Raith/East Fife respectively until end of season?

Saw big Lars or whatever he's called in cameo sub appearance against us and he looked woeful so i hope it's not him, boy Hamilton at East Fife looks promising, 7 goals in 9 league matches, i'd take him lol

Lars is at Raith until January 17th - he's been unlucky as their striker is in cracking form. He came on and did well against Celtic for us as a big target man, got a good touch and sets up the play around him well. 

Hamilton's is end of the season but can be recalled and sent back out and due to the 3 club rule being cancelled this season he can play for a new team

This is all assuming a) Walsh is fit and b) actually up to much. We’re into January now and he’s played about 120 minutes of football and bar a decent 45 at Albion (who lets face it, aren’t up to much) hasn’t done much. Seemingly didn’t do much on Saturday. If we’re going 4 at the back I’d rather have Miller or Muirhead in centre mid and dropping into a back 3 when the full backs are pushing on and McCowan and Smith are the starters. Walsh being a one year contact may come to be a blessing, same with Zanatta. 

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

This is all assuming a) Walsh is fit and b) actually up to much. We’re into January now and he’s played about 120 minutes of football and bar a decent 45 at Albion (who lets face it, aren’t up to much) hasn’t done much. Seemingly didn’t do much on Saturday. If we’re going 4 at the back I’d rather have Miller or Muirhead in centre mid and dropping into a back 3 when the full backs are pushing on and McCowan and Smith are the starters. Walsh being a one year contact may come to be a blessing, same with Zanatta. 

Pretty unfair to judge Walsh based on his first appearance after a long injury plus he's coming into a struggling side and he's already proven himself as a top player at this level while at Inverness.

Similarly Murdoch has actually been very poor for us so far this season but seems to escape criticism due to his past performances and the fact he's just returned after nearly a full season out.