The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Perhaps not.  But there is so little genuine quality available in January that he could probably do a job for a good few clubs, who can doubtless pay more than us.

Perhaps you're right, regular minutes at this stage of his career with us should be more valuable in the short term than a few extra quid elsewhere. 

We'll see. 

39 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I'm going to put it out there but is he actually a week in week out SPL player? I have my doubts. 

That's not to say he isn't talented but anything we've seen so far that's been above average, has been in fleeting flashes. 

That could be him adjusting to playing week in week out, our inconsistencies as a team or, in all likelihood, a combination of the two. 

Bar possibly Hamilton, what lower half SPL team would see him as anything other than a squad player? That's definitely not what he needs at this stage of his career. 

I'd be hopeful of him staying to the end of the season. After that, who knows. 

Yeah I have my doubts too - would be surprised if he signed for anyone in the Premier.   However the likes of Dundee / Dunfermline would be more of a worry to me.  

Just now, BukyOHare said:

I've been informed that an extra £5 per month to the platinum membership on Black and White TV gets you future #imminent. 

Surely they’re no doing that? I get paying for highlights and exclusive midweek interviews etc, but signing news shouldn’t be PPV. 

With that signing how does our defence line up now?

Do we drop Houston and Roscoe and play Muirhead at full back and Ndaba or do we just drop Baird and play Muirhead and Ndaba in the middle of our defence?

Really don’t like the pay wall it will push fans away. I get the idea is to make money for the club, however I would say is it should be more of a replacement for match day programmes and have exclusive insight from players/management and also extended highlights. They should keep the match day interviews normal highlights and signing interviews free! I for one can’t really afford to have extra expenses due to my wife’s current work circumstances as she is on furlough and I work every second weekend so will miss games 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Do we drop Houston and Roscoe and play Muirhead at full back and Ndaba or do we just drop Baird and play Muirhead and Ndaba in the middle of our defence?

3 at the back muirhead Baird ndaba, reading and Houston as wingbacks providing width

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think he’ll play Muirhead at RB. 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

3 at the back muirhead Baird ndaba, reading and Houston as wingbacks providing width

Three at the back mitigates the impact of our best attacking players in Smith, McCowan and Walsh (hopefully) so it would be pretty mental for Kerr to go for that. 

Sinisalo

Muirhead Baird Ndaba

houston                          Reading

Chalmers Murdoch 

smith                                  Mccowan/Walsh

New st/Moffat 

gives stability where we have been weak removes some of the vulnerabilities in midfield and gives us a chance to be more creative 

Edited by ryanayr1987

I'd put Muirhead into a holding role in front of the back 4. Gives us a bit of physicality in there and he can organise things in front and behind him. 

Probably go 4141.

Let's Chalmers get a bit further forward and link things up. With that in mind, I hope the striker that comes in can have the same physicality, can hold the ball up and bring others into play, all at a tempo. 

Though if he can't bring others into play swiftly enough or the support isn't there, we end up going sideways, backwards and the opposition can get set. 

18 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Sinisalo

Muirhead Baird Ndaba

houston                          Reading

Chalmers Murdoch 

smith                                  Mccowan/Walsh

New st/Moffat 

gives stability where we have been weak removes some of the vulnerabilities in midfield and gives us a chance to be more creative 

That does look decent but I think we need to be finding a way of getting all of Smith, McCowan and Walsh starting. 

Does anyone know if the club will profit from the huge recent surge of Bitcoin ??

I remember reading something that the Bitcoin price was related to our sponsorship deal with CA ??

Let's hope so !!!

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Does anyone know if the club will profit from the huge recent surge of Bitcoin ??

I remember reading something that the Bitcoin price was related to our sponsorship deal with CA ??

Let's hope so !!!

Cammy Smith on a 5 year deal. #imminent