The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It would cost most clubs. I’m sure the Government could help out with the extra costs though like they’re doing with so many other businesses 🙄. I’m also sure you’d be able to get 20 or so stewards who are fans of the club to do it for free until all this shit comes to an end.  

Also I think if the social distancing was cut to 1metre like it is on the Subway, we’d be able to get 1000 fans in 

Sadly the Scottish Government doesn't have the pot of gold, they would need to approach Westminster for additional funding. Which is fine when we're paying in but normally a battle and a half to get anything back out. As you will have read over the months they've been asking until they are blue in the face for additional funds but Westminster has consistently said now. That was until England went back into lockdown. Based upon that it will take clubs south of the border going to the wall for it to become an issue for funding. 

We are also moving into an election year so it isn't in Westminster's interests to support the Scottish Government who they are going to actively campaign against a few months down the line. Hence why you have the usual political commentators and rags lining up to take pot shots all of a sudden with plenty of unsubstantiated easy headlines. 

Fwiw I genuinely think it is scandalous that shops like Primark are allowed to be open at present as they don't strike me as being essential. Food and pharmacies would be the two most essential. It is very easy to build any argument against them being open as it really isn't fair on other businesses, whether football, hospitality etc. But at the same time two wrongs don't make a right. As pointed out 500 fans being allowed back in sounds great but the club would likely lose money due to this. I don't know the breakeven gate, none of us will, but in previous years gone by people have spoken about the board budgeting on numbers around 1800-2400. Which would account for our season ticket holders money being in the bank already and then relying on PATG / catering / programmes etc. 

I would expect the biggest income streams are Season Tickets, PATG, Prize Money, Advertising, Merchandise and game day sales (ie catering, programmes, hospitality etc)

From what I understand Season tickets are about the same as last year, Prize money should be similar, decent run in the Scottish cup could see more. Advertising and Merchandise I would assume would stay the same, and  may even be up given the new strip and maybe people buying online to help the club but thats all guess work, could be down given no fans near the ground making in person purchases.

So the biggest loses would be PATG which has been replaced by streaming income, back of a fag packet say PATG is 750 fans at £20 so £15k home game, streaming say 350 buys at £12 is £4k so losing £11k per home game so approx £180k for the year. No idea on match day revenue but I would assume income is going to be down approx £200 - 250k for the year as a rough estimate.

As a general point would be interested to see they figures for streaming to see if it is getting close to actual crowds in terms of numbers, whether there has been an increase in away fans etc

Genuinely shocked at that, both in terms of the amount and the fact everyone gets the same. Irrespective of income lost.

Apparently, the SPFL will bank roll 50% of the grants whilst waiting on the money from SG in new year. 

Edited by Trogdor

I'm sure it won't be a cheque for 500k landing on the clubs door mat, there will be a process, hopefully means tested to see if clubs really need it. 

Could you imagine if a club went out on the first on January and signed someone for £25000.

It'll be to cover shortfall on matchday revenue I would think, up to the value of 500k

So in terms of the £10m in grants announced by SG, I make the split as follows:

Championship - £5m

League One - £1.5m

League Two - £1.0m

Highland/Lowland - £0.4m (Assuming 34 teams?)

That leaves £2.1m for further down the pyramid and womens game. It could well be right.

Edited by Trogdor

Obviously delighted about the £500k grant we’re getting. I just struggle to get my head around where all this money the Govt(s) have splashed on business grants, furlough for (what will be) 13 months has came from and how it will be “paid back” 

* by paid back I mean tax increases etc not us literally paying the 500k back 

47 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Obviously delighted about the £500k grant we’re getting. I just struggle to get my head around where all this money the Govt(s) have splashed on business grants, furlough for (what will be) 13 months has came from and how it will be “paid back” 

* by paid back I mean tax increases etc not us literally paying the 500k back 

*Magic money tree