The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Sinisalo has saved 85% of our opponents shots on target. Opposition goalies have saved 60% of ours. So either we are more clinical in our finishing than our opponents, or Sinisalo is a better shot stopper than opposing goalies.

Sad Stato.

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I've stupidly agreed to a shift tomorrow night. Anyone know if the full game will be on the BBC Iplayer afterwards? 

They normally are but it isn't straight away, I wanted to watch the Dundee United 5-0 game and I think it was the Sunday before it was up. You can go to the live Iplayer and scroll back the time two hours, buy I doubt you'd be able to watch a re-run of the game until at least some time on Saturday. 

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They normally are but it isn't straight away, I wanted to watch the Dundee United 5-0 game and I think it was the Sunday before it was up. You can go to the live Iplayer and scroll back the time two hours, buy I doubt you'd be able to watch a re-run of the game until at least some time on Saturday. 

Cheers for that. I dont mind waiting until the Saturday...well as long as we win 😂

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Shows how good our goalie is at shot stopping but also how massively exposed he's left by our shoddy defence.

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says "SPFL STATS CENTRE MOST SAVES VILJAMI SINISALO MARK RIDGERS CHAMPIONSHIP 36 CHAMPIONSHIP AIDAN MCADAMS 20 CHAMPIONSHIP CRAIG GORDON 15 CHAMPIONSHIP IONSHIP 15"

If our defence is that bad, it doesn't say much for the others in this league as along with Hearts we've got the best defensive record in the league !!

Good job from safe hands Sinisalo! 👏

Hopefully put the critics in their place who bemoan the goalie not charging 8 yards out through a sea of bodies to collect crosses.

Spoiler

I exaggerate of course but the number of our fans who criticise the goalie but seem to let the rest of the defense off the hook other than Mr Roscoe is baffling.

42 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Saw this has been announced:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55254701

£10m in grants for clubs in the Championship downwards. Hopefully this eases the financial pressure as a result of going longer without fans. 

If it’s split evenly and doing a back of a fag packet calculation, it would about make up for the drop in ST sales and fans not attending for the season. We’re probably 500 ST short at 220 quid is 110 grand and 18 matches with around 700 paying 18 quid for 18 home matches is just short of 227 grand. If it’s split equally between the 30 clubs it’s 333k each. 

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If it’s split evenly and doing a back of a fag packet calculation, it would about make up for the drop in ST sales and fans not attending for the season. We’re probably 500 ST short at 220 quid is 110 grand and 18 matches with around 700 paying 18 quid for 18 home matches is just short of 227 grand. If it’s split equally between the 30 clubs it’s 333k each. 

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post. I believe its to cover all tiers below the Premier League including the Women's game. I'd imagine clubs will need to demonstrate need as well and there will be conditions. Dunno how much it will be but anything helps at this point tbh. 

Edited by Trogdor
Spelling

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cheers for that. I dont mind waiting until the Saturday...well as long as we win 😂

They arent allowed to make a re-run available same day, same as the clubs. It goes up the next day for 7 days though. I couldnt face watching our game v Inverness from last Friday again in full but its there. I did watch the goals again skipping through. 🤬

Edited by Skyline Drifter

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post. I believe its to cover all tiers below the Premier League including the Women's game. I'd imagine clubs will need to demonstrate need as well and there will be conditions. Dunno how much it will be but anything helps at this point tbh. 

I'd imagine it will be based on average crowds in some way as it did down South and apply to all levels of professional football, SPFL, Lowland, Highland, South, West, East, Juniors, Women, etc. Newron Stewart aint going to get what Hearts get. 

Not sure they will need to demonstrate need so much as loss. 

43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'd imagine it will be based on average crowds in some way as it did down South and apply to all levels of professional football, SPFL, Lowland, Highland, South, West, East, Juniors, Women, etc. Newron Stewart aint going to get what Hearts get. 

Not sure they will need to demonstrate need so much as loss. 

In other words individual clubs won't see terribly much of the £10m since it will have to stretch very, very far. Clearly a grant is much preferable to a loan and any contribution is welcome, but it irks a little that 12 clubs will have access to a £20m pot and a far bigger number have to share half that amount.

Edited by RedEd

Bit of an eye opener what's seemingly going on up the road at Morton.

Gets you worried about your own club, hopefully everything is okay. Think Dave Smith coming on board will have been a saving grace, could have been in bother without him

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Gets you worried about your own club, hopefully everything is okay. Think Dave Smith coming on board will have been a saving grace, could have been in bother without him

I didn’t realise until Saturday when they mentioned it on sportsound that they only have one keeper. 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Reminds me of when Campbell Money quit to save the club his wage, that was a dark time for the club and took us to within smelling distance to league 2. It was a long way back but the club is still here and we paid our debts.

In fact, Ayr played Morton in their game the last time they almost died

7 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

In fact, Ayr played Morton in their game the last time they almost died

I suppose with Scotsport being a family show they couldn't show the bit where the Morton fans made their feelings about Airdrie known.

10 hours ago, rb123! said:

Not wanting to sound cynical but was Hopkin not touted for a return to Livi?

On 09/12/2020 at 11:55, Thereisalight.. said:

I see our home game v Hearts in Feb has been picked to be shown on BBC Scotland. Not really a surprise considering the BBC seem to have shown about half of Hearts games so far

Hopefully we continue our Friday night TV record against a Robbie Neilson team!