The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think these folks were the last residents of Tryfield Place. Just before my time, it must have been amazing when a big crowd spilled out after a game. I think a former player used to live in one of the tenements as well.
FB_IMG_1580076539750.jpg.e2a174762c09eb9f2fdcd8497ec604bd.thumb.jpg.b99ef79cf984d1855f25baf8fad72892.jpg
That the last time the car park was resurfaced?

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The world's moved on since then though and every household these days is a two car family when your 40/50 tenement flats probably had about 3 cars between them in the 70's. Somerset is one of the worst grounds in the country to get away from near full time already without being a householder trying to get back to your house at the time a crowd is emptying out. It certainly wouldn't be a selling point in buying a house there.

There are currently 100s of houses in the vicinity of Somerset park including opposite the ground within 20 yards of the ground there is relatively new houses consisting of 30 flats and around 40 houses  , certainly plenty of interest in housing in that area 

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see our home game v Hearts in Feb has been picked to be shown on BBC Scotland. Not really a surprise considering the BBC seem to have shown about half of Hearts games so far

Bit of a pisser losing probably our largest streaming numbers of the season, but at least it will save us all the “boycott” pish from Rangers Mk II.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Bit of a pisser losing probably our largest streaming numbers of the season, but at least it will save us all the “boycott” pish from Rangers Mk II.

I said as much in the SRE fb page and don’t think many actually understood the significance of it! By far the biggest away crowd that would be likely to visit/stream and its being put on free to air and getting sweet f**k all in return

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Oh no, I hope it doesn't bankrupt us. 

nick offerman smile GIF

Spoiler

^To all the stupid Hearts fans.

Edited by Trogdor

5 hours ago, Iain said:

Ideally consents for housing would be refused and the club could buy the land back much cheaper than they sold it for.

I am sure that Kirkwood bought the car park with the intention of selling it to Wimpy or whoever was buying Somerset before it fell through rather than building houses himself on it. He may get planning permission for housing to increase the value of the land and then sell it. 

He must have had it for 10 years now so doesn't seem in a rush do do anything which is why I think he bought it to sell at the same time as the ground. 

On 08/12/2020 at 19:33, Robbo63 said:

It’s Jim Kirkwoods company who have applied for planning permission for houses , not got sign off yet ( I believe there has been some issues ) David Smith has purchased back some of the car park and it will be included in work with Hub and Offices , Ayr can do nothing with car park as it does not belong to them 

There is no planning application to develop houses on the car park at Somerset.

A Proposal of Application Notice was submitted to the Council in March 2019 by Allanvale, which effectively just indicates an intention to carry out pre-application consultation as is required for a Major planning application.

I don't know whether the consultation took place but it certainly hasn't been followed up with a planning application. 

9 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

A Proposal of Application Notice was submitted to the Council in March 2019 by Allanvale, which effectively just indicates an intention to carry out pre-application consultation as is required for a Major planning application.

I don't know whether the consultation took place but it certainly hasn't been followed up with a planning application. 

I only went in what I had read in the Ayrshire Post, proposal of application notice which you said ,looks like what was actually applied for , but confusing by local paper  as it reads like planning permission for houses were applied for 

55DEC8F6-D268-41B3-A0CE-9CE445FC44E0.jpeg.63134e7ba6e3adf3b6e4d31975321235.jpeg

9C3B75D8-FD1E-44B6-9CF0-87E9CCC3F0FC.jpeg

Edited by Robbo63

12 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Concise.