The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

45 minutes ago, honestly united said:

There was a whole raft of rules around distancing, face masks etc that it looks like the fans in this picture have ignored. Probably the reason the authorities in Scotland have decided to be more cautious

The English also packed out the beaches and crammed into pubs, I'm not saying it didn't happen up here as it did in a select few cases, but in general they have acted like children throughout. Things are little more sensible North of the border in general when it comes to the pandemic. Would rather have a safe and cautious approach that gets us out of this with minimum casualties. 

23 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

The English also packed out the beaches and crammed into pubs, I'm not saying it didn't happen up here as it did in a select few cases, but in general they have acted like children throughout. Things are little more sensible North of the border in general when it comes to the pandemic. Would rather have a safe and cautious approach that gets us out of this with minimum casualties. 

I'm not sure that's entirely fair. The English have generally been less stringent in their rules which reflects the fact their Parliament is controlled by right wingers and ours is left wing. I'm not sure the behaviour per se has been enormously different. It just tends to be reported more due to the bigger numbers.

Interestingly looking at the stats just now (source New York Times) suggests that overall since the start of the pandemic the infection stats are considerably different to the death stats:
In terms of total cases per 100,000 Northern Ireland is the worst at 2,932. Wales and England are about 350 less with Wales slightly worse than England. Scotland is miles better at 1,779 suggesting either that we've controlled the spread better or just not tested as many people. Even the most recent 7 day average shows us comfortably better than the other nations and less than half the infections of Wales.

However, in cases of deaths it swings completely around. England is the worst at 93 per 100,000. Wales has 83, Scotland 70 and Northern Ireland just 56. In the last 7 days Scotland and N Ireland are both 0.5 deaths per 100,000, England 0.7 and Wales 0.8.

What does that tell us? Different nations will have tested more or less of course so not sure how directly comparable they are. It's interesting that the Irish have the most cases proportionately but the least deaths. Are they generally healthier so able to survive better or are they just catching more symptomless cases in testing?

Scotland 'appears' to have done better in controlling the spread than other nations but we're not quite as clever at avoiding death. We tend to have less tower blocks and such like in Scotland than England which will help act as a natural aid to suppressing spread. It also appears to affect ethnic minorities more and we'll have a lower proportion of those I assume (not checked).

Edited by Skyline Drifter

There's an element of psychology to it as well. Polling has consistently shown that people in Scotland generally trust the Scottish Government to provide good advice and are inclined to follow the rules that are imposed. There's not the same level of trust in England & Wales, as I understand it. If you don't think the people making the rules know what they're doing you'll probably be less inclined to follow their guidance.

The pubs I've been in down South since July (and there have been a few), apart from one in Knaresborough were all fine and strict with the rules. Same for the one game I've been to at Lancaster City.

The impatient desire to get back to normal now that a vaccine is now on the way may be the challenge.

21 hours ago, Iain said:

For my podcasts I pay a guy on fiverr to write original music. No copyright issues there 😎

You've inspired me to get some royalty free music. 

The excellently named Government funded weed will now be the sound of 'The Super'. 

Edited by itzdrk

9 hours ago, AyrExile said:

In Joe Fitzpatrick we trust. Sadly can’t see much changing in Scotland before the season ends. Tier 1 areas struggling to get fans back despite the tier system allowing this  

That man does not inspire confidence or competence. There's a reason he's been no where near any public briefings.

On 01/12/2020 at 17:27, ayrunitedfw said:

According to AP Cammy Smith will hopefully recover in time for Saturday and Tom Walsh has a chance of making the squad. 

It's obviously the years of constant injury updates taking it's toll on me, but my gut feeling from reading that is that they will both still be missing for the Raith game next weekend. 

20 hours ago, itzdrk said:

And we are go once again:

Another good listen, a bit sweary but then that Livi performance would do that to anyone.

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

It's obviously the years of constant injury updates taking it's toll on me, but my gut feeling from reading that is that they will both still be missing for the Raith game next weekend. 

Me too also. I'm so pessimistic that I'm not expecting to see Walsh until January.

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

Both have trained all week , if no effects after today’s session I would think Smith will start with Walsh on the bench tomorrow 

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Both have trained all week , if no effects after today’s session I would think Smith will start with Walsh on the bench tomorrow 

Holding you personally responsible if this does not happen. Just saying.

On 02/12/2020 at 10:16, D'Jaffo said:

Mate

You’re reading too much into it. It’s not that deep and you’re getting wound up over nothing. Let it go.

Firstly, I’m not your mate.

Secondly, if you don’t want people to respond to your posts, then don’t respond to other people’s.  

Thirdly, I don’t think anyone is getting wound up about it.  They’re simply pointing out the stupidity of what Sturgeon said.  

What connection does the boy James Maxwell who’s on loan at Queens from Rangers  have with Ayr. I follow a guy with the surname Maxwell on twitter and he’s an Ayr fan and he’s always retweeting stuff about James. Presumably a relative? 

What connection does the boy James Maxwell who’s on loan at Queens from Rangers  have with Ayr. I follow a guy with the surname Maxwell on twitter and he’s an Ayr fan and he’s always retweeting stuff about James. Presumably a relative? 
Ayr youth player. One that got away IMO. He's looked about one of the few decent players among that shitshow.

Ayr youth player. One that got away IMO. He's looked about one of the few decent players among that shitshow.

Was he not at Falkirk as well?

Must’ve left us at a young age as I’m sure he left Falkirk when they shut down their youth academy.

Firstly, I’m not your mate.
Secondly, if you don’t want people to respond to your posts, then don’t respond to other people’s.  
Thirdly, I don’t think anyone is getting wound up about it.  They’re simply pointing out the stupidity of what Sturgeon said.  

You massively blew pretty innocent comments way out of proportion hence my telling you to chill out a bit as there was really no need for your reaction.

Think we can leave it here before you burst a blood vessel.