The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Literally nothing there that puts ourselves or Rangers in the same bracket as Celtic.

She’s using two other professional teams as a way of saying that the behaviour Celtic fans won’t be tolerated from any club in Scotland. Some people are that quick to whine and moan about what she’s saying because of who she is rather than actually listen to her and think about what the point is that she’s trying to put across.

Rubbish.

No club, Celtic or otherwise, would ever seek to encourage or condone such behaviour, so why does it even need to be said that such behaviour “won’t be tolerated from any club in Scotland”.  It’s a redundant statement.  What she meant to say is that such behaviour won’t be tolerated from any individual in any circumstance.

It’s the same old story.  A handful of headbangers misbehave and somehow it reflects on an entire club and the game as a whole.  It is quite absurd to suggest that she had to randomly mention 2 other clubs just to clarify and make the point that such behaviour wouldn’t be tolerated from those clubs either - was there ever some doubt about that?  Was some clarification required?  Of course not.  

25 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Rubbish.

No club, Celtic or otherwise, would ever seek to encourage or condone such behaviour, so why does it even need to be said that such behaviour “won’t be tolerated from any club in Scotland”.  It’s a redundant statement.  What she meant to say is that such behaviour won’t be tolerated from any individual in any circumstance.

It’s the same old story.  A handful of headbangers misbehave and somehow it reflects on an entire club and the game as a whole.  It is quite absurd to suggest that she had to randomly mention 2 other clubs just to clarify and make the point that such behaviour wouldn’t be tolerated from those clubs either - was there ever some doubt about that?  Was some clarification required?  Of course not.  

A total non story , anyone talking about misbehaving by old firm clubs always mention the other club , and she took the opportunity to inform everyone it’s non old firm bias as she indicated she was not a supporter of any of them by showing she was an Ayr United supporter 

Rubbish.

Mate

You’re reading too much into it. It’s not that deep and you’re getting wound up over nothing. Let it go.

Mate

You’re reading too much into it. It’s not that deep and you’re getting wound up over nothing. Let it go.
Absolutely this.

It's not surprising that mccoist and some rangers fans have taken offence at this but on here as well? Moon tae f**k.

On 30/11/2020 at 12:30, rb123! said:

Is there any highlights of the game from Saturday? Would like to see how comically bad the first 15 minutes was 

I have just sat through 14 minutes of Livingston highlights (almost entirely the first half), I am away to lie in bed in the dark. 

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Just got done listening to this. Good interview, but your theme music is like something from the Red Shoe Diaries. 😂

:lol: it's definitely the best of the free music on Anchor but I also hear this, annoyingly I could use any song I want but then it would be allowed on Spotify only, so just making do with what is free. 

Might spice it up this week though, never say never. 

38 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

:lol: it's definitely the best of the free music on Anchor but I also hear this, annoyingly I could use any song I want but then it would be allowed on Spotify only, so just making do with what is free. 

For my podcasts I pay a guy on fiverr to write original music. No copyright issues there 😎

7 minutes ago, Iain said:

For my podcasts I pay a guy on fiverr to write original music. No copyright issues there 😎

I am cheap, I did pay for the logo though as my graphic drawing skills are that of a pre-school child.  

8 hours ago, HMIP said:

Rubbish.

I saw this live and it's been taken completely out of context as usual. She was asked a question by a rabble rousing / mischief making journalist and she answered it in such a way that she wasn't getting drawn on the Celtic / Rangers nonsense and merely said that it wouldn't be tolerated from anyone.

She didn't mention the football fans specifically, it was the journalist that did and she only answered him accordingly.

As usual, there really is "nothing to see here".

Why is it that in the 21st century everyone seems intent on finding something that isn't there and searching out reasons to be "outraged" or "offended" ??

It's pathetic.

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

are you open to ideas for guests?

56 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I am. 

A fun idea might be to get a guest on to talk about one specific season they were involved in. E.g. Duncan George to discuss 96/97, Glynn Hurst on 98/99, Stevo on 08/09, etc 

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Bit of a kick in the teeth for us up here tonight when seeing fans back on the terracing in England tonight, with a lot not even wearing face masks.....

Fans at Carlisle's Brunton Park

In Joe Fitzpatrick we trust. Sadly can’t see much changing in Scotland before the season ends. Tier 1 areas struggling to get fans back despite the tier system allowing this  

10 hours ago, rb123! said:

Bit of a kick in the teeth for us up here tonight when seeing fans back on the terracing in England tonight, with a lot not even wearing face masks.....

Fans at Carlisle's Brunton Park

There was a whole raft of rules around distancing, face masks etc that it looks like the fans in this picture have ignored. Probably the reason the authorities in Scotland have decided to be more cautious