The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Toepoker said:

Nicola Sturgeon rightly criticises the violence from Celtic fans after their defeat by Ross County at the weekend but then widens the issue by warning Rangers and Ayr United fans not to do the same thing. This was out of line by Sturgeon in my view:-

Rangers hero McCoist asks why Sturgeon mentioned Ibrox side and Ayr in condemnation of Celtic anti-Lennon protesters (thescottishsun.co.uk)

If you watched her interview and said Celtic , Rangers then pointed to herself and said Ayr United as we are the club she supports , her father is a long standing season ticket holders for many many years  who has been in club , great that she mentions Ayr United in her parliamentary speech 

Edited by Robbo63

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

If you watched her interview and said Celtic , Rangers then pointed to herself and said Ayr United as we are the club she supports , her father is a long standing season ticket holders for many many years  who has been in club , great that she mentions Ayr United in her parliamentary speech 

Just a pity she didn’t sign the petition to save the badge. 

Sturgeon is tarring all football fans with the same brush again.  All she had to say is that violence against police officers won’t be tolerated in any circumstance.  It’s got hee haw to do with other football clubs.  As celebrity fans go, she’s not up to much.  Still waiting on her to save our badge from the Lord Lyon.

5 hours ago, Toepoker said:

Nicola Sturgeon rightly criticises the violence from Celtic fans after their defeat by Ross County at the weekend but then widens the issue by warning Rangers and Ayr United fans not to do the same thing. This was out of line by Sturgeon in my view:-

Rangers hero McCoist asks why Sturgeon mentioned Ibrox side and Ayr in condemnation of Celtic anti-Lennon protesters (thescottishsun.co.uk)

"I don't care if you're a Celtic fan, a Rangers fan, an Ayr United fan or no fan of football at all."

Hardly suggesting that our support are doing this.  I like Ally McCoist but he's playing the Yoon troll card a bit hard here. 

"I don't care if you're a Celtic fan, a Rangers fan, an Ayr United fan or no fan of football at all."

Sturgeon is tarring all football fans with the same brush again.  All she had to say is that violence against police officers won’t be tolerated in any circumstance.  It’s got hee haw to do with other football clubs.  As celebrity fans go, she’s not up to much.  Still waiting on her to save our badge from the Lord Lyon.

Literally nothing there that puts ourselves or Rangers in the same bracket as Celtic.

She’s using two other professional teams as a way of saying that the behaviour Celtic fans won’t be tolerated from any club in Scotland. Some people are that quick to whine and moan about what she’s saying because of who she is rather than actually listen to her and think about what the point is that she’s trying to put across.

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

No point harping on about badge , someone reported us it was investigated and proven we breached laws and took our punishment, she is a proud Ayr fan that’s enough for me 

47 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

@itzdrk Surely the FM should be a future podcast guest once this blasted pandemic is over. 

I genuinely never realised she was a fan. I hope its not Cameron-esque did he support Aston Villa or West Ham? I don't think he was ever too sure.

Absolutely, when she's got a bit of free time I'll quiz her on who she would sign for the 2021/22 season. 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

According to AP Cammy Smith will hopefully recover in time for Saturday and Tom Walsh has a chance of making the squad. 

Hope both are there, would be huge. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

@itzdrk Surely the FM should be a future podcast guest once this blasted pandemic is over. 

I genuinely never realised she was a fan. I hope its not Cameron-esque did he support Aston Villa or West Ham? I don't think he was ever too sure.

She wore a United for Heathfield badge on TV one time and she wasn't even standing in a local constituency. 

The only candidate that spoke out against the stadium plans was I think, someone from the Lib Dems and she lost her deposit.