The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Lots of sensible and very good posts tonight which is refreshing to see, after reading some of the stuff yesterday I was beginning to think we'd been invaded by the extremist SRE forum !!!

Straight after a game emotions are usually running high. 

Ach it's just the way we do it in this cup.  Win the group, then get pumped.   Folk wanted McCall sacked when we were in League 1 and lost 5-0 at Hibs at this stage.   Actually thought Kerr's interview was fine yesterday- says he thought we were good enough to deal with how Livi play but we weren't by a mile, so we move on.   Whether we lost 4-0 or won 2-0 yesterday shouldn't and I assume won't have any bearing on how we perform v Alloa.   Completely different games.  

Anyway it's nice that we are in the big time now - I'm 36 and have fond memories of sitting near the top of the 2nd tier and demanding the manager gets sacked as we are clearly a top level outfit.  Been a good 15/20 year wait 😂

Edited by Hursty

Having made so many signings and basically putting a new team together, it was always going to be hit or miss for Kerr.

Unfortunately, despite how the signings looked on paper, we haven’t exactly set the heather on fire, or replicated some of the sexy football we have become accustomed to over the past few years.

Personally, I’ll be happy with a top half finish this season, as it is just not the same when not being able to attend matches.

I’d like to see Kerr given the season to develop this squad into realistic challengers for next season.

Think we’ll all need to take the pressure of not only him, but ourselves.

We have had it so good lately that the bar has been set very high.

We might not see that mix of players and play again for another generation.

It's worth pointing out that Dunfermline have won 9 of their 10 games this season (other than a draw at Somerset) and a lot of their fans wanted Stevie Crawford sacked back at the start of the year.  Anyone wanting Kerr binned just now is mental and the slagging of McArdle for being an assistant who is big on the analysis / statistical side of things rather than being an old school meathead who will shout and 'motivate' the players....well.  Seems a bit old fashioned to me.   

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

It's worth pointing out that Dunfermline have won 9 of their 10 games this season (other than a draw at Somerset) and a lot of their fans wanted Stevie Crawford sacked back at the start of the year.  Anyone wanting Kerr binned just now is mental and the slagging of McArdle for being an assistant who is big on the analysis / statistical side of things rather than being an old school meathead who will shout and 'motivate' the players....well.  Seems a bit old fashioned to me.   

Indeed and the "invincible" Hearts have just been beaten by the same Dunfermline and knocked out the cup by part time Alloa so is it only us that are "underachieving" and "just not performing" ???

I think not.

I’ve read all the posts and opinions

my opinion of Muirhead is his best position us centre half

did he not win the championship playing for Thistle there

yes he has played a number of positions at Ayr and I believe previously at Falkirk 

get the best out of the team by playing players in their strongest position and only move them when needs must

roll on Saturday another tough game

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Is there any highlights of the game from Saturday? Would like to see how comically bad the first 15 minutes was 

It's really not worth it, trust me !!

I'm still trying to exercise the demons.

46 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Maybe at times this season we are missing a b*****d. We have lost quite a few of these players recently: Adams, Geggan and to a lesser extent Bell. Muirhead is the closest but doesn’t get near any of them.

^100% this. We've become a team of nice guys. Where's the dark arts? Where's the taking a bit of the man? Who is going to step up like Geggan in retaliation like at DAFC away and get away with it. I long to again hear Val Mcdermid bemoaning our agricultural play against Raith with Adams and Bell in the midfield. 🤣

Muirhead's issue is he's too obvious about it, he's as subtle as a sledgehammer. Not like Peter Murphy and his nipping.

Spoiler

I've maybe gone a bit far but I do agree.

I think Reading has a bit of bite about him but is still young so not a Geggan levels yet, although its more needed in the middle of the park.

There has been a few shouts for moving Muirhead into the midfield, but who would you drop out of Chalmers and Murdoch? Assuming we stick with 4-2-3-1 you cant really move them anywhere else. Chalmers has looked better on the ball, but Murdoch has a bit more dig, although probably not at Adams or Docherty levels.

30 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I think Reading has a bit of bite about him but is still young so not a Geggan levels yet, although its more needed in the middle of the park.

There has been a few shouts for moving Muirhead into the midfield, but who would you drop out of Chalmers and Murdoch? Assuming we stick with 4-2-3-1 you cant really move them anywhere else. Chalmers has looked better on the ball, but Murdoch has a bit more dig, although probably not at Adams or Docherty levels.

Probably Murdoch. 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Probably Murdoch. 

Pains me to agree with you but I think it would have to be if it was 4-2-3-1.

If we went 4-3-3 you could drop Miller instead (or move him to right back!) making space for Aero in midfield. 

Nicola Sturgeon rightly criticises the violence from Celtic fans after their defeat by Ross County at the weekend but then widens the issue by warning Rangers and Ayr United fans not to do the same thing. This was out of line by Sturgeon in my view:-

Rangers hero McCoist asks why Sturgeon mentioned Ibrox side and Ayr in condemnation of Celtic anti-Lennon protesters (thescottishsun.co.uk)

1 minute ago, Toepoker said:

Nicola Sturgeon rightly criticises the violence from Celtic fans after their defeat by Ross County at the weekend but then widens the issue by warning Rangers and Ayr United fans not to do the same thing. This was out of line by Sturgeon in my view:-

Rangers hero McCoist asks why Sturgeon mentioned Ibrox side and Ayr in condemnation of Celtic anti-Lennon protesters (thescottishsun.co.uk)

It really wasn't out of line. She said she doesn't care if it is fans of Celtic, Rangers, Ayr or any other club. She wasn't saying we were involved, she was saying it won't be tolerated regardless of what team you support. Just more faux outrage. 

23 minutes ago, Toepoker said:

tbf it is the only three Scottish football clubs she is aware of.

Think he got the wrong end of the stick tbh, quite funny though how he says "poor wee Ayr united" lol