The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Best post on the thread this week. 👏

I'll listen to it tonight. If you're dropping another podcast I hope its with an extra special guest? 

It may well be 😄

21 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They should lift restrictions to allow folk to go to the football

Also

They should jail them for not enough restrictions.

Doncaster should switch on the news and see what is happening globally then look at the cases in Scotland and not open his mouth in public about the situation, his dangerous rabble rousing statements are ignorant at best and I would like to know who keeps pushing him forward to make them. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a peerage in the next 2 years. 

The roadmap to fans being allowed in is clear, since the introduction, the majority of the population have moved from level three to level four, infection levels are higher than his last outburst. They haven't came down since the return of schools and Uni's and the eat out to help out massacre.  Things are moving in the wrong direction to meet the criteria set out to him a month ago.

It was made clear what was needed and it hasn't happened, Not only in Scotland but also in every country in the world, fans are not allowed in. Even countries that allowed a return have now reversed that. 

Doncaster should concern himself with making sure clubs are ready to allow fans back in and making sure all the infrastructure is in place so that it doesn't turn in to a shambles.

They had the opportunity to have a shorter season, delaying the start, mothballing etc but the premier league decided on a start in August, a full season and both cups. Some clubs made promises of discounts to fans for season tickets for games they couldn't watch in the flesh with no idea how many games that would be. Now they are complaining they are losing money. 

There has been no contingency put in place for a shorter season if required, Or if one or more clubs decided they couldn't continue this season like many junior clubs. 

English clubs have larger stadiums, they have over 40 league grounds with a capacity over 20 thousand and they would be allowed 10% capacity maximum, It goes up in smaller grounds but 50% capacity up to 2000 spectators wouldn't help Premier teams even if it was applied in Scotland, taking in to account season ticket holders, no catering, stewarding costs etc, so again, I am sure Doncaster is aware of all of this so I am not sure why he has decided to complain about it. 

Because he's an incompetent dick who's attempting to deflect his incompetence on to the Scottish Gov and is banking on all the ignorant morons being politically motivated.

Sadly it appears to be working to an extent............

52 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Because he's an incompetent dick who's attempting to deflect his incompetence on to the Scottish Gov and is banking on all the ignorant morons being politically motivated.

No matter what people think of Doncaster he is still entitled to represent the interests of the member clubs (and yes, it is an embarrassment that some of the prize money hasn't been paid yet although that doesn't fill the financial black holes said clubs are encountering). Any business which has had its trade restricted by a government is entitled to ask for support.

I don't think everyone who questions why football stadia remain closed , or are likely to for the foreseeable future, can be labelled as a politically motivated ignorant moron. Undoubtedly there are some, but debate is always better if it's civilised.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I've just finished listening, really enjoying the podcasts. Looking forward to the extra one dropping. 

Hide contents

With the big hint I'm assuming its our own Libero Grande? 😍

Thanks 😄 

Spoiler

Yes, I was on with him today. 

Edited by itzdrk

15 hours ago, WATTOO said:

What incompetence would that be exactly?  The vote back in April was a mess, but that was mainly down to the bizarre and still unexplained behaviour of Dundee.  Doncaster has conceded the SPFL shouldn’t have announced anything based on an understanding of how clubs were going to vote but waited for the actual votes to be received, so I guess all concerned have to take that criticism on the chin.  Otherwise, what’s your grievance?  Every other industry is lobbying the government for less lockdown and more financial support, so why would football be any different?

16 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55004568

The money is in the pipeline

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55091790

Perhaps clubs would be in a better position if Doncaster fixed that though.....

The funding in England only went to non league clubs, so while this is encouraging, their is no guarantee that any money is in the pipeline.

The TV money from last season will likely already have been built into clubs budgeting, so it is unlikely to be viewed as new or additional funding, so I doubt it will change things much for the clubs.

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

The funding in England only went to non league clubs, so while this is encouraging, their is no guarantee that any money is in the pipeline.

There should be Barrett consequentials associated with that. Which will then be up to SG to determine which sports need support.

Unlike in England where the WG decided that the EPL had broad enough shoulders to support the EFL. I doubt the same could be said for the SPFL. I expect (although no guarantee) there will be some support from SG for clubs. This is really what Doncaster should be focusing on, ie. making the case for Scottish football to be supported and trying to unlock that cash. Any grandstanding on attendances etc. is counter productive imo.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

There should be Barrett consequentials associated with that. Which will then be up to SG to determine which sports need support.

Unlike in England where the WG decided that the EPL had broad enough shoulders to support the EFL. I doubt the same could be said for the SPFL. I expect (although no guarantee) there will be some support from SG for clubs. This is really what Doncaster should be focusing on, ie. making the case for Scottish football to be supported and trying to unlock that cash. Any grandstanding on attendances etc. is counter productive imo.

Depends on whether it’s new money or not in the context of English public spending.  Either way,  a political judgement was made In England not to give money to professional league clubs.  Hopefully the SG would look at things differently, but my point was that we do not currently know what support is coming and how much it might be.  You could just as easily argue that it’s the “grandstanding” of the SPFL that’s putting this issue on the agenda - there’s been precious little evidence otherwise that the SG is ready and willing to provide specific support.

8 minutes ago, RedEd said:

A sizeable portion of the cash going to English sport is in the form of loans, rather than grants. Not sure if this is the case for the money for non-league clubs.

I'm pretty sure its grants but don't think its been confirmed explicity. I'm also sure I read that they got £10m of National Lottery money as well. 

13 minutes ago, RedEd said:

A sizeable portion of the cash going to English sport is in the form of loans, rather than grants. Not sure if this is the case for the money for non-league clubs.

I think on the best case analysis, the money a club like Ayr gets is likely to be very small and not really a game changer.  I think the incompetent SPFL thinks that too therefore they know that getting some levels of match day revenue back as quickly as possible could be critical as we move into the New Year, which is surely why they are continuing to push and lobby the SG on the issue.

4 hours ago, HMIP said:

The TV money from last season will likely already have been built into clubs budgeting, so it is unlikely to be viewed as new or additional funding, so I doubt it will change things much for the clubs.

If it was in the budget it will be more or less spent already, the problem is, the SPFL have not given it to clubs yet like they were supposed to.