The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

52 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

I see Lavvi are charging £15 for PPV on Saturday - the cheek of those cheatin b*****ds!

Prices have to be agreed between both clubs when it’s a cup tie due to money being split so Ayr just as much to blame if you think pricing is unreasonable. 

29 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Prices have to be agreed between both clubs when it’s a cup tie due to money being split so Ayr just as much to blame if you think pricing is unreasonable. 

Why put any blame  on  Ayr , Ayr actually did manage to get the cost reduced , Livingston charge £20 for PPV and with it being knockout the price was likely to be £18 , if both teams don’t agree  it’s still Livingston that then decides the price  

11 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Why put any blame  on  Ayr , Ayr actually did manage to get the cost reduced , Livingston charge £20 for PPV and with it being knockout the price was likely to be £18 , if both teams don’t agree  it’s still Livingston that then decides the price  

I never put blame on Ayr? I said price was agreed between both clubs . I think £15 is fairly reasonable

Edited by ayrunitedfw

I’ve had a look at our fixtures after Saturday and our next three are Alloa (A), Raith (H), Arbroath (A) before Hearts (A) then the next three after that is Morton (H), QOS (A) and Alloa (H). We really should be winning the vast majority of these games 

4 hours ago, Jazzar said:

I hope you're wrong though I can see the logic. Muirhead is an enigma to me - he is precisely the sort of no-nonsense player we've been missing at the back recently but he lets himself down far too often. I'd want him in the team as much as possible but not at the risk of him being sent off again. He can do a job for us no question and I hope this enforced (?) absence has given him time to reflect on things. Come on, Aero - prove a few people wrong and get yourself into this team again. We'll need you soon enough.  

I agree, I think he's got much to offer as a deep lying midfield defensive shield as he actually reads the game pretty well, it also doesn't usually expose him the same and just gives us that bit of steel in the side that we're generally missing.

Having said that, Miller did an excellent man marking job on Adam at the weekend and you wouldn't sacrifice Murdoch for Muirhead, so maybe his best bet of a starting berth is at CH in place of Roscoe or as cover for various positions, irrespective he's a good guy to have in your squad provided he screws the nut !!

2 hours ago, RedEd said:

Wait till you see what Hearts are charging.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Scared Oh No GIF by Boomerang Official

Okay then - here's a message for any Hertz directors lookin in :- 

"Stick yer PPV where the sun disnae shine"

I'll be boycottin their stream and I hope others do the same.

54 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve had a look at our fixtures after Saturday and our next three are Alloa (A), Raith (H), Arbroath (A) before Hearts (A) then the next three after that is Morton (H), QOS (A) and Alloa (H). We really should be winning the vast majority of these games 

Don’t think we are at the stage of stringing a run of positive results together just yet . Still chopping and changing the side a bit at the moment .  Once it all settles down a bit maybe .. However have a wee feeling we might role Livingston on Saturday and at 6/1 it might just pay for the Saturday night beers 🍺 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

It's not but the outcome would be the same. If the teams cannot agree with the pricing then it's the SPFL that decides though ultimately it isn't compulsory to stream and the home team could simply thrown their toys out of the pram and refuse if they felt like it. In any event the SPFL set minimum charge for ground admission for the 2nd round if the home team is in the Premiership is £18 so that's likely where they'd have landed for streaming too in the even of dispute.

For those interested Hearts PPV for the game tonight vs Alloa was £18.50

I'd expect they probably do that tier shite for different category of games so wouldn't be surprised if we're £20, at least......

Disappointing that game on boxing day isn't on BBC, just about every other Hearts game will be this season......

I know they obviously wouldn't have it on the Friday night because of that being a certain 25th however could have done the Saturday night IMO, BBC Scotland channel not exactly going to be jam packed with festive coverage on boxing day i wouldn't have thought.

1 hour ago, Jazzar said:

Okay then - here's a message for any Hertz directors lookin in :- 

"Stick yer PPV where the sun disnae shine"

I'll be boycottin their stream and I hope others do the same.

Fortunately I've got Hearts TV on my pirate App as for some reason they're still down as SPFL "Premier zone" ??

14 hours ago, rb123! said:

For those interested Hearts PPV for the game tonight vs Alloa was £18.50

I'd expect they probably do that tier shite for different category of games so wouldn't be surprised if we're £20, at least......

Disappointing that game on boxing day isn't on BBC, just about every other Hearts game will be this season......

I know they obviously wouldn't have it on the Friday night because of that being a certain 25th however could have done the Saturday night IMO, BBC Scotland channel not exactly going to be jam packed with festive coverage on boxing day i wouldn't have thought.

Hearts previous PPV was also £18.50. It looks like that's their price. From what I've heard there's been no suggestion of tiered pricing.

The BBC never broadcast Championship games across the festive period. They stopped from mid December to February last year if I recall correctly. They are also only allowed to broadcast a maximum of twice from each ground and they've already done Hearts v Dundee so only one other Hearts home game will be done. I'd imagine they will leave it for a tail end of the season potential championship win somewhere. Irritatingly therefore, I imagine Hearts will not feature in any home matches any time soon but will be on a lot of away games, thereby denying most of us our biggest PPV income game.

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Hearts previous PPV was also £18.50. It looks like that's their price. From what I've heard there's been no suggestion of tiered pricing.

The BBC never broadcast Championship games across the festive period. They stopped from mid December to February last year if I recall correctly. They are also only allowed to broadcast a maximum of twice from each ground and they've already done Hearts v Dundee so only one other Hearts home game will be done. I'd imagine they will leave it for a tail end of the season potential championship win somewhere. Irritatingly therefore, I imagine Hearts will not feature in any home matches any time soon but will be on a lot of away games, thereby denying most of us our biggest PPV income game.

It was a little bit gutting from my perspective that we've got Raith at home on the TV. Would expect them to "bring" a decent chunk of revenue given our recent history and them have a great start. No disrespect intended to Alloa or Arbroath but would rather have a TV game against them to minimise loss of revenue. 

As stated, I'll not be giving any PPV money to those money-grabbers at Tyncastle when we play them there - but equally I'm not going to deprive my club of any funds so if we're still not allowed to attend matches by the time we're due to play them there on Boxing Day (seems likely), I'll send the equivalent amount to the au500fund

Where the sun disnae shine, Hertz. Where the sun disnae shine.    

See Sturgeon has kicked the can further down the road regarding fans returning.

Looks like it'll be waiting until a vaccine until everyone can get back to game and in the meantime crowds of 300 in Tier 2 will be a case of take it or leave it. 

Very disappointing, if they're going with that attitude then they must give us huge financial support to assist the clubs.

Annoys me also that Sturgeon seems to have put the blinkers over other contributing factors football fans have to Scotland's economy with the expenditure on likes of transport to get to games and then pubs, restaurants and catering facilities. Pretty sure some recent study said football fans contribute £444m a year to Scotland's economy.

Edited by rb123!

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

See Sturgeon has kicked the can further down the road regarding fans returning.

Looks like it'll be waiting until a vaccine until everyone can get back to game and in the meantime crowds of 300 in Tier 2 will be a case of take it or leave it. 

Very disappointing, if they're going with that attitude then they must give us huge financial support to assist the clubs.

Given we have not long Introduced a tier structure where fans can return at certain points and it's set out how many can do so when they reach that point I don't see where the surprise comes from.  Absolutely no idea what Doncaster was up to, another brain trust phonecall with Tory boy perhaps.  

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Given we have not long Introduced a tier structure where fans can return at certain points and it's set out how many can do so when they reach that point I don't see where the surprise comes from.  Absolutely no idea what Doncaster was up to, another brain trust phonecall with Tory boy perhaps.  

It’s not that complicated.  Scottish football needs financial support if we are basically playing out the rest of the season without fans.  It’s easy to be parochial and put the boot into Doncaster, but he is absolutely right to make this a political issue.