The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Anyone know what's happened to Muirhead?
Was supposed to return from suspension on Saturday but didn't even make the bench, has he well and truly blown his chances and patience with Mark Kerr?

Probably just letting him know that being daft and getting sent off means you don’t get straight back into the team. Mind you I can’t remember if McCowan was put straight back in or not?

Anyone know what's happened to Muirhead?
Was supposed to return from suspension on Saturday but didn't even make the bench, has he well and truly blown his chances and patience with Mark Kerr?

Probably just letting him know that being daft and getting sent off means you don’t get straight back into the team. Mind you I can’t remember if McCowan was put straight back in or not?

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don't think he was, think he spent a couple of weeks on the bench

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCowan came straight back into the team for the Morton game. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I very much doubt Kerr left Muirhead completely out of the squad to send a message, when we had no other back up at centre half tbh. 

Think there must have been something up with him , When he got sent off Kerr totally backed him up in his interview stating he thought he was unlucky to get sent off and if it was not for his reputation he believed he would not have been sent off , he would not have only had a young player as defence cover if Muirhead was available I think 

1 hour ago, cop said:

Did I hear right in Kerr's post match interview on Saturday that he said Smith and Cameron are available for he cup game on Saturday?

Unless he has different info to the competition rules, he is wrong.  Both are cup tied under 6.6 of the League Cup Regulations 2020-21. 

I'm talking absolute shite, it wasn't 6.6 at all. 

Edited by itzdrk

23 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Unless he has different info to the competition rules, he is wrong.  Both are cup tied under 6.6 of the League Cup Regulations 2020-21. 

8.3 is the only one I see that suggests someone could play for more than one team.

However most of the rules are written in such a long-winded way it can be hard to work out what some mean. 

1 hour ago, cop said:

Did I hear right in Kerr's post match interview on Saturday that he said Smith and Cameron are available for he cup game on Saturday?

He definitely says they are allowed to play , I trust he knows better  than us , 

5 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

8.3 is the only one I see that suggests someone could play for more than one team.

However most of the rules are written in such a long-winded way it can be hard to work out what some mean

Very true, I had to read 8.3 a couple of times. My interpretation is that players who played in the group stage can play for another club in the competition in the same season., 

5 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Think its more a case of still on the naughty step. 

I hope you're wrong though I can see the logic. Muirhead is an enigma to me - he is precisely the sort of no-nonsense player we've been missing at the back recently but he lets himself down far too often. I'd want him in the team as much as possible but not at the risk of him being sent off again. He can do a job for us no question and I hope this enforced (?) absence has given him time to reflect on things. Come on, Aero - prove a few people wrong and get yourself into this team again. We'll need you soon enough.  

3 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

I hope you're wrong though I can see the logic. Muirhead is an enigma to me - he is precisely the sort of no-nonsense player we've been missing at the back recently but he lets himself down far too often. I'd want him in the team as much as possible but not at the risk of him being sent off again. He can do a job for us no question and I hope this enforced (?) absence has given him time to reflect on things. Come on, Aero - prove a few people wrong and get yourself into this team again. We'll need you soon enough.  

FWIW I said it before in here that I'm a big fan of his. Seems to go decent-decent-decent-heeds gone moment and repeat unfortunately which has turned alot against him sadly. If he could sort that side of his game he could be our new Jamie-lite. 

22 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

He definitely says they are allowed to play , I trust he knows better  than us , 

I wouldn't. There are countless examples over the years of managers not having a clue what the rules are. But in this case he does.

They changed the rules last year so that cup tying is a different process for the group stages and the latter stages. They are effectively deeming the last 16 an different competition to the group stages.