The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Sinisalo was excellent at all things except cross balls today, some very hairy moments a better team would have got a goal from one of them. 

I think the weather played a part. Also unless its in the six yard box it's not the goalie's responsibility it should be the centre halves imo.

Also some of the balls from Charlie Adam are deliberately  planted to land right in the space where its too far out for the goalie and the center halves should be dealing with them.

The goalie is the last line of defence and he did that well today. I'd be more worried about defenders allowing cross balls, the crosser should be closed down by the back (unless its a corner) and the ball coming in should be cleared by a defender if not then its the goalie's responsibility.

I'm also pretty sure Baird got in the goalies way for one in the first half. It was the goalies ball and he headed it out. I dont think the communication is quite there yet between the keeper and the centre halves but it'll come.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Rodders1910 said:

Moff statue outside San Somerset please

I'm gutted I wasn't there to see him score it in person. Was a fitting finish as well. Without doubt my favourite ever player.

I really hope we get in to see him this season, he's been great thus far. I was gutted not getting to give Forrest a proper send off last year as well. I hate this fucking virus!

On 19/11/2020 at 23:05, diegomarahenry said:

I used to work with someone who knew him when he joined the board at Ayr, they said he was a real "Ayr man" and would do everything he could for the club and would most likely help with the new stadium. 

15-20 years on, I haven't seen any evidence of anything he has done, it may have all been behind the scenes and he may well have been one of the directors that has put cash in to keep the club running at various points. He has been on the board through one of the bleakest times in the clubs history and still been there when we went full time again. Being chairman and manager at Troon Juniors means he wouldn't make many games which I always thought was a little odd. 

Was this man name Richie Henderson? Hangs oot his arse

Great performance today. Credit where it is due. Mark Kerr & Mick McArdle got the tactics spot on.

Sacrificing the number 10, playing Moff up top and sticking Michael Miller to put Charlie Adam into his pocket worked a treat

Cammy Smith, again showing what he is all about. It was mentioned during chat today you can only register for x amount of clubs a season or obviously outwith Scotland. if its two clubs then his only options this year are to sign a new deal with Dundee Utd or with us until at least the end of the seaon. We keep falling in love with loan players.

Happy Saturday night

Edited by diege

1 hour ago, diege said:

Great performance today. Credit where it is due. Mark Kerr & Mick McArdle got the tactics spot on.

Sacrificing the number 10, playing Moff up top and sticking Michael Miller to put Charlie Adam into his pocket worked a treat

Cammy Smith, again showing what he is all about. It was mentioned during chat today you can only register for x amount of clubs a season or obviously outwith Scotland. if its two clubs then his only options this year are to sign a new deal with Dundee Utd or with us until at least the end of the seaon. We keep falling in love with loan players.

Happy Saturday night

I was encouraged by David Smiths H/T comments about Cammy Smith, he was talking him up from a footballing perspective but also making a point of him being a great influence on the dressing room, hopefully the club will pull out all the stops to try and get him signed permanently.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Delighted about the win today, and chuffed for Moffat. I somehow contrived to miss the goal by being in the kitchen at the time. Fcking typical of my luck 

The streaming equivalent of "the pie shop"

16 hours ago, diege said:

Happy Saturday night

Outwith Scotland is more or less irrelevant though there are complications with respect to countries that play a summer season. Basically you can register for three clubs in a season but only PLAY for two. 

So yes, Ayr and United only for him in 20/21.

Kind of surprised Cammy Smith has signed for us given the complications with playing for more than 2 clubs in a season.  He could basically be out of football from January until next Summer if we can’t afford him and Dundee Utd don’t want him.  Perhaps he knows something we dont!  Either that or he needs to fire his agent.

17 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Surely it’s pretty obvious we are going to give him an 18 month contract in January

I would be very pleased with that. Likewise I’d like us to tie down Luke McCowan to a longer term deal in January. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Likewise I’d like us to tie down Luke McCowan to a longer term deal in January. 

In flashes yesterday, he showed the undoubted talent we know he possesses. Just needs to be more consistent in matches to be able to keep progressing. Some goals wouldn't go amiss either, he only needs to look at Alan Forrest to see the threat a wide player can have to the opposition in our formation.