The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, mccurdieboy said:
1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:
Smallest size we sell is 3-4 unfortunately 

Ok thts a shame to hear that as I would have loved him to get something rather than Mrs putting some old firm nonsense on him lol

Please don't let her buy some old firm nonsense.  You can get hoodies and the like in the shop for small kids . Support local 

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw the club have released a statement saying Jimmy Kirkwood has resigned. Hopefully no drama brewing behind the scenes 

It looks like a fall out to me, short and sweet and no thanking him for service etc which you would normally expect.

I'm sure all will be revealed in due course........

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It looks like a fall out to me, short and sweet and no thanking him for service etc which you would normally expect.

Not sure I've ever seen Jimmy Kirkwood at Somerset Park. As far as I'm aware his only ever input into the club was to buy the car park, which averted a financial crisis at the time. 

55 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The guy has done nothing for the club apart from buying car park to help us out financially a while back  ,he  has sold some of the car park back to club , I think he wanted to buy club but during due diligence things did not materialise, think David Smith is in a much better financial position and conflict of interests between him and Kirkwood

Given the number of times in the last 8 years he's ran back to manage Troon I doubt he had any real interest in us  A cynic might suggest his intention was to buy as much land in and around the club to further his own business rather than really benefit the club.

I used to work with someone who knew him when he joined the board at Ayr, they said he was a real "Ayr man" and would do everything he could for the club and would most likely help with the new stadium. 

15-20 years on, I haven't seen any evidence of anything he has done, it may have all been behind the scenes and he may well have been one of the directors that has put cash in to keep the club running at various points. He has been on the board through one of the bleakest times in the clubs history and still been there when we went full time again. Being chairman and manager at Troon Juniors means he wouldn't make many games which I always thought was a little odd. 

Housing project he got when he sold the car park will happen, yes he helped the club at the time by buying it but has more than made a killing selling it off to the builders who will build on the land . I am led to believe it is his son who runs Troon juniors paying overinflated wages to no avail going by there previous results,  very rarely seen at Somerset so no real loss.

18 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Housing project he got when he sold the car park will happen, yes he helped the club at the time by buying it but has more than made a killing selling it off to the builders who will build on the land . I am led to believe it is his son who runs Troon juniors paying overinflated wages to no avail going by there previous results,  very rarely seen at Somerset so no real loss.

It’s the son ( who fundsTroon )who was a director not the  father , rumour is he has no where near the funds he claims to have 

On 19/11/2020 at 20:46, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw the club have released a statement saying Jimmy Kirkwood has resigned. Hopefully no drama brewing behind the scenes 

You weren't kidding - short and to the point.

Ayr United have been offered and accepted the resignation of Director Jim Kirkwood from the Board of Directors.

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

So the team we drew 0-0 with are beating hearts 2-0! Hearts looked good so far this season so I’m hopeful for us 

Yes, our 0-0 last week isn't looking like the terrible result that so many were making out.