The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I've a decent sized flag I would put up .

It says Ayrshires finest and FTK 

That might not meet the restrictions I'm working with due to the FTK

On 28/10/2020 at 22:45, Trogdor said:

I'll give it a listen tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be top notch. 👌

Finally got round to the Super podcast. I really enjoyed it, it was nice to get a bit of a mid week Ayr United fix. I like the recap of the previous game and match preview of the upcoming fixture. Even having a Morton supporter on was good. I especially liked when he couldn't remember McPake and Derek stepped in to help in out. 😆

I thought the sound was fine as I had it on my phone. It didn't sound far away or anything. A very good start. Looking forward to next Wednesday's. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I see we’ve loaned Ross Love to Annan.

No bad thing, I'd rather loan our young guys out to get league experience and League 2 is a good base for them.

Any idea how Finn & Gabe are doing at Albion Rovers?

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

No bad thing, I'd rather loan our young guys out to get league experience and League 2 is a good base for them.

Any idea how Finn & Gabe are doing at Albion Rovers?

Think Finn has started every game and Gabe has been in and out of the team. 

Aaron Muirhead can gtf and not come back, absolute embarrassment.

That collapse is unacceptable regardless of whether you're down to ten men or not. Bunch of bottle jobs who should be ordered into training tomorrow morning. With a shortened season we can't afford arse collapses like that.

I'm more angry at that last 8 mins tonight than I have been in years.    An absolute disgrace and if that's the level of mental toughness / standard or defensive collapse that we are going to see as soon as someone shells a couple of harmless long balls forward near the end of the game then that win v QoS might prove to be absolutely massive in a relegation battle.   Played really well for 80 odd minutes and still pulled out one of the most spectacular and pathetic collapses imaginable.      An absolute disgrace.   Yes I'm furious haha.  

There's no doubt that the last 7 minutes were a horrific halloween  nightmare, however the previous 83 minutes we looked a very good side who'll be top 3 this year, so personally I'm not writing our season off just yet.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Aaron Muirhead can gtf and not come back, absolute embarrassment.

That collapse is unacceptable regardless of whether you're down to ten men or not. Bunch of bottle jobs who should be ordered into training tomorrow morning. With a shortened season we can't afford arse collapses like that.

Never mind your big team are playing us tomorrow 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Aaron Muirhead can gtf and not come back, absolute embarrassment

Couldn't agree more 😡

Ayr have brought in fantastic players, no doubt about it, though severly lacking at the back 🙄 Should have got another centre back as I feel Roscoe isn't up to the standards expected at this level, Muirhead is a phsycopahic stick of dynamite ready to explode whenever there's an opposition player anywhere near him. Baird seems okay but needs someone beside him 🙄

How many Red cards has Muirhead had since he's been at Ayr?? 

25 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

On the plus side, Thistle lost to a 94th minute winner against Cove. So there's that.

As far as we go I can't remember us bottling it in such fashion in recent years. This really is a special kind of defeat. Dunfermline next week too, wew.

The season we won the league we blew a 2 goal lead and lost 3-2 at home to Forfar. Goals that day were 75, 83, and 88 minutes. At that time they were bottom of the league and had only won 3 of 18 games.

As for this season on the park we probably lack leaders when you consider in the last 2 seasons we've lost Higgins, Rose, Shankland, Adams, Docherty, Harvie, Geggan, Bell and Kerr himself.

If we had some of them playing today they'd have been encouraging each other and demanding more from the players around them. Didn't see that today.