The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And, like other clubs, the timing of installation and testing is out of their hands. I've no idea when Inverness got their system in, and I accept as the only sign up in the Championship to the full SPFL service they should have been prioritised, but I think they were one of the latest to actually be installed. Ours wasn't working for any of our Betfred Cup ties either due to the lateness of attempts to instal it and problems encountered. Nobody really noticed because we weren't using it for public streaming but if we had been then we'd have had no Betfred coverage and no opportunity at all to look at anything before the 1st league game. For all we know Inverness were in the same position.

There's little point in blindly criticising a club for something that isn't in their control. Pixelot has its uses and the opportunity to use it to solve a coincidental problem has been a Godsend for some but it also has lots of obvious flaws.

They could. But it still requires a 4G signal or fibre installed during a pandemic which might conceivably not already be there (maybe it was, I wouldn't know). And it requires someone who knows what they are doing to have the time to do it and a significant investment in hardware for a club that has been losing hundreds of thousands over the last 2 or 3 years. I have no idea if Inverness have these resources but the chances are that they may not. It's easy to get smug about it if you are one of the clubs like Ayr, Raith, Dunfermline, Falkirk, etc who have had semi pro media tv services for years and could adapt quickly. We got lucky in that @Mr X had a suitable opportunity to lead our project (if it had happened a month later we'd have had a much greater problem) and we were gratefully able to link up with our colleagues at Dunfermline to use a system that already had been tried and tested to an extent. It's far from easy to just set up from scratch.

Having said all of that, none of that is a reason not to request a refund if you feel the product was not fit for purpose. I'm just saying that attacks on ICT for things that were highly likely out of their control are not productive.

I find it incredible that a team like ICT who were in the top flight not so long ago wouldn’t have the sufficient “hardware” compared to Raith etc. 

41 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

According to AP Tom Walsh out for Saturday with Dario Zanatta rated as 50/50 again. Jordan Houston nearing a start.

Cammy Smith also sounded very open for staying with us longer if his loan spell goes well. 

I hope to fck the Walsh situation isn’t going to be like the “Adams is a week away from playing” one a few seasons back, which turned into about 3 months 

51 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I find it incredible that a team like ICT who were in the top flight not so long ago wouldn’t have the sufficient “hardware” compared to Raith etc. 

I fail to see how what league they were in a few years ago (and this is now their 4th season here) is relevant. They weren't streaming then (or not to any extent) and it's likely any IT product required for it 4 years+ ago is now obsolete. Raith have always had an excellent tv set up because they happen to have a set of dedicated volunteer fans with the particular area of technical knowledge and have produced a product well above the expected quality for a club at their level for years. Ayr too have been blessed with willing and able volunteers to do that for them. I don't know why you'd assume a club like Inverness, which is ultimately not particularly better supported, would automatically have the same. It's perfectly "credible" that they would not.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only possible explanation for Houston is he picked up an injury and missed most of preseason hence him being so far behind everyone else.

He picked up a thigh injury blocking a tackle and think he missed about 2 weeks worth of sessions 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I fail to see how what league they were in a few years ago (and this is now their 4th season here) is relevant. They weren't streaming then (or not to any extent) and it's likely any IT product required for it 4 years+ ago is now obsolete. Raith have always had an excellent tv set up because they happen to have a set of dedicated volunteer fans with the particular area of technical knowledge and have produced a product well above the expected quality for a club at their level for years. Ayr too have been blessed with willing and able volunteers to do that for them. I don't know why you'd assume a club like Inverness, which is ultimately not particularly better supported, would automatically have the same. It's perfectly "credible" that they would not.

Agreed, I think its more relevant for other aspects like undersoil heating and automated sprinklers. However, as you say these items have no bearing on their streaming output. Also, given their financial issues its not surprising they went for an option with minimal up front cost. It'll be interesting to see if they try to improve the offering in any way. At £10 it is cheap but it bordered on unwatchable.

I'm very interested to see how Alloa get on with the manual control. If that works it would improve it immeasurably. Although ICT's camera placement was horrific which you can't do much about. I guess with manual control you could tilt it downwards so it wasn't pointing at the sun right enough. 😆

Don't exactly agree with these new lockdown tier stages in each different council region as it means some teams will be able to have fans at stadiums. For example in our league Inverness and Queen of the South would be the two places most likely to have fans.

How's that fair on the other 8 teams if they can get a small fan income meanwhile nobody else can?

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Don't exactly agree with these new lockdown tier stages in each different council region as it means some teams will be able to have fans at stadiums. For example in our league Inverness and Queen of the South would be the two places most likely to have fans.

How's that fair on the other 8 teams if they can get a small fan income meanwhile nobody else can?

At the same time though, why choose to punish everyone... 

It’ll also depend on the numbers whether they’ll even make much from it as well! 

15 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Think it will actually cost the clubs money to let fans in  , the numbers are going to be minimal and will mostly ( if not all ) be season ticket holders , Ross County only allowing 750 ( that’s just over 10% of ground capacity ) if we could get crowds in even at that 10% we could accommodate all season ticket holders and around 300 paying fans as our ground is recorded  as  just over 10,000 capacity 

Edited by Robbo63

See Reading has been called up to the U21's, games on 12th and 17th November however we don't seem to have a game on 14th so won't impact us. No Kelly in the squad, his rather non event loan at Ross County seems to hampering him, shame.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

See Reading has been called up to the U21's, games on 12th and 17th November however we don't seem to have a game on 14th so won't impact us. No Kelly in the squad, his rather non event loan at Ross County seems to hampering him, shame.

We play Stranraer at home in the betfred. We only have the one game in that period as already played 3.

The new lockdown strategy has more or less mobilized football fans in Scotland to ensure other areas of society keep to restrictions and allowing fans to return. 

With a potential return (Ayrshire and Arran won't be any time soon going by the figures) Clubs need to have a working strategy in place ASAP with clear guidelines for fans. A restriction could be lifted on the week of a home game so everything has to be clear from that point who can attend, How they enter and where they can sit/stand. 

I would hope that clubs would have this in place already but live streaming seems to be a problem a month after the first competitive games. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

What is it with Scotland and left backs- that’s 3 in the u21 squad!

32 minutes ago, HMIP said:

What is it with Scotland and left backs- that’s 3 in the u21 squad!

Harvie has been playing LM/LWB for MK Dons and i think he played that role for Scotland in one of the games with Reading at LB, however with Hickey on the scene now i'd get the feeling he'd probably be ahead of Reading at LB and he may end up going and just warming up the bench.

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

At the same time though, why choose to punish everyone... 

It’ll also depend on the numbers whether they’ll even make much from it as well! 

Well put.

I think its got to be seen as a positive. A couple of weeks back I would have said spring before any fans were in.

France going back into full lockdown.  The football is going to get stopped again, isn’t it?  That said, if there is a new furlough scheme that might be a blessing in disguise as the game can’t go on like this with no match day income.