The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I requested a refund because it was via the SPFL and not Inverness. 
Who do you think the spfl give the money too?
They have manned cameras like we have, only Alloa have the pixelot system but they will have someone controlling it
ICT are also using pixellot, via the spfl system, are they not?

Alloa aren't manually controlling the camera yet

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Who do you think the spfl give the money too? ICT are also using pixellot, via the spfl system, are they not?

That’s why I said  “will”  I never said they are doing it now but they will be 

Edited by ryanayr1987

11 hours ago, Mr X said:

Who do you think the spfl give the money too? ICT are also using pixellot, via the spfl system, are they not?

The SPFL won't be hosting that out of the goodness of their heart, they'll be taking a cut to pay for hosting and handling payments. To be honest I'm maybe going to take the moral low ground here and say the service was crap, I expect to be able to watch the game not a linesman. We missed quite a few key moments of the match because of it, Albion Rovers in the Betfred was different to me because it was very early in the process.

We are now getting to the stage where a watchable product is expected, it doesn't have to be a multi cam, half time punditry Sky / BT effort. Just being able to watch 90 minutes instead of 75 minutes of football and 15 of linesman or any car crossing the Kessock bridge is all I expect. The commentary is an easy fix, if you like it keep the sound on, if you don't mute it. Whereas the visuals are the key aspect here. Inverness must have known about the issues other clubs have had so far with the system, there is little excuse to not try rectify and use learning from other clubs. As mentioned on the match thread it was mounted in the wrong place, the club asked for it to be setup on the bridge side, so they clearly know the product isn't fit for purpose. 

@Hawk89

I'm of a similar view but haven't asked for a refund. For Albion Rovers I couldn't even get logged in so claimed my refund. At least for Inverness I saw some of the game and it was the cheapest stream so far. I won't be buying one next time if its still that shambles of a setup, thats for sure.

33 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I didn’t buy the stream on Saturday and by all accounts I’m glad I didn’t. Surely clubs knew how much of a shambles pixelott was going to be if it follows baldies rather than the football 😑 how many clubs are using this system?

Think it might only be Inverness, Alloa and maybe Arbroath? Alloa have ordered a joystick so they can manually control the camera, it just hasn't arrived yet, which will probably make a huge difference.  

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Think it might only be Inverness, Alloa and maybe Arbroath? Alloa have ordered a joystick so they can manually control the camera, it just hasn't arrived yet, which will probably make a huge difference.  

In this division, yes. Most of the clubs in lower divisions are using Pixellot though.

The SPFL won't be hosting that out of the goodness of their heart, they'll be taking a cut to pay for hosting and handling payments. To be honest I'm maybe going to take the moral low ground here and say the service was crap, I expect to be able to watch the game not a linesman. We missed quite a few key moments of the match because of it, Albion Rovers in the Betfred was different to me because it was very early in the process.

We are now getting to the stage where a watchable product is expected, it doesn't have to be a multi cam, half time punditry Sky / BT effort. Just being able to watch 90 minutes instead of 75 minutes of football and 15 of linesman or any car crossing the Kessock bridge is all I expect. The commentary is an easy fix, if you like it keep the sound on, if you don't mute it. Whereas the visuals are the key aspect here. Inverness must have known about the issues other clubs have had so far with the system, there is little excuse to not try rectify and use learning from other clubs. As mentioned on the match thread it was mounted in the wrong place, the club asked for it to be setup on the bridge side, so they clearly know the product isn't fit for purpose. 

The spfl aren't taking any money from streaming as far as I know. Obviously there are costs involved but the clubs receive the money after they are paid. In that respect its no different to the setups other clubs have.

The pixellot cameras were installed by the SPFL. ICT will have had some involvement but they wouldn't have an opportunity to "learn from others" and rectify anything. The clubs don't have much control over the spfl system.

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

The spfl aren't taking any money from streaming as far as I know. Obviously there are costs involved but the clubs receive the money after they are paid. In that respect its no different to the setups other clubs have.

The pixellot cameras were installed by the SPFL. ICT will have had some involvement but they wouldn't have an opportunity to "learn from others" and rectify anything. The clubs don't have much control over the spfl system.

If you are running a business you don't just sit and twiddle your thumbs. You look around you to see what others are doing and what is working well and isn't working well. You also look at the comments from both your own and their customers to see what they like and dislike about the services/products being provided. It has been no secret for over a month now that this system is junk as standard and needs fine tuning. Alloa have already brought in a contingency option to try improve things, surely to god ICT and the wider footballing community in Scotland aren't totally blinkered. 

There is not much Albion Rovers, who we faced in the Betfred, can do about their system other than try the joystick option due to where the camera is positioned. This isn't a problem at the Tulloch as the camera is high enough up to catch all but vertical kicks, they should have been testing it and working on fixes to already known issues. It is understandable why their season ticket holders are rightly angry. 

Perhaps in poor taste but if Pixielot are an example of what AI will bring to our lives, then self-drive cars will cause multiple pile-ups and deaths by the hundred if let loose on our roads.

Yes, the ICT Pixielot coverage was that bad and I won't be spending any more pennies on PPV if the service provider in question is Pixielot. The one good thing about it is how it has emphasised the more than decent coverage by AUmedia for our first league game against QoS. I'm possibly one of the few who actually likes commentary - Callum and Lauren know their stuff and are always well prepared in knowing each player (us and opposition) so that they enhance the experience rather than what we got on Saturday at Inverness. They are both good at giving out praise to the opposition when praise is due; Lauren in particular is a very good and knowledgeable summariser of anything that goes on and Callum does a very professional job in covering all the action as it develops. They are both well worth listening to.    

43 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

If you are running a business you don't just sit and twiddle your thumbs. You look around you to see what others are doing and what is working well and isn't working well. You also look at the comments from both your own and their customers to see what they like and dislike about the services/products being provided. It has been no secret for over a month now that this system is junk as standard and needs fine tuning. Alloa have already brought in a contingency option to try improve things, surely to god ICT and the wider footballing community in Scotland aren't totally blinkered. 

There is not much Albion Rovers, who we faced in the Betfred, can do about their system other than try the joystick option due to where the camera is positioned. This isn't a problem at the Tulloch as the camera is high enough up to catch all but vertical kicks, they should have been testing it and working on fixes to already known issues. It is understandable why their season ticket holders are rightly angry. 

I think you've missed my point. It isnt ICTs system to fine tune, its the SPFLs.

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

I think you've missed my point. It isnt ICTs system to fine tune, its the SPFLs.

ICT could fine tune it though by not using it! We don’t use it, probably because we knew it would be an absolute crock of shit for a start. There’s nothing stopping clubs using their own cameras and streaming rather than using the pig in a poke 

42 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

ICT could fine tune it though by not using it! We don’t use it, probably because we knew it would be an absolute crock of shit for a start. There’s nothing stopping clubs using their own cameras and streaming rather than using the pig in a poke 

Im not sure you know what "fine tune" means :unsure2:

6 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

6 hours ago, Mr X said:

And, like other clubs, the timing of installation and testing is out of their hands. I've no idea when Inverness got their system in, and I accept as the only sign up in the Championship to the full SPFL service they should have been prioritised, but I think they were one of the latest to actually be installed. Ours wasn't working for any of our Betfred Cup ties either due to the lateness of attempts to instal it and problems encountered. Nobody really noticed because we weren't using it for public streaming but if we had been then we'd have had no Betfred coverage and no opportunity at all to look at anything before the 1st league game. For all we know Inverness were in the same position.

There's little point in blindly criticising a club for something that isn't in their control. Pixelot has its uses and the opportunity to use it to solve a coincidental problem has been a Godsend for some but it also has lots of obvious flaws.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They could. But it still requires a 4G signal or fibre installed during a pandemic which might conceivably not already be there (maybe it was, I wouldn't know). And it requires someone who knows what they are doing to have the time to do it and a significant investment in hardware for a club that has been losing hundreds of thousands over the last 2 or 3 years. I have no idea if Inverness have these resources but the chances are that they may not. It's easy to get smug about it if you are one of the clubs like Ayr, Raith, Dunfermline, Falkirk, etc who have had semi pro media tv services for years and could adapt quickly. We got lucky in that @Mr X had a suitable opportunity to lead our project (if it had happened a month later we'd have had a much greater problem) and we were gratefully able to link up with our colleagues at Dunfermline to use a system that already had been tried and tested to an extent. It's far from easy to just set up from scratch.

Having said all of that, none of that is a reason not to request a refund if you feel the product was not fit for purpose. I'm just saying that attacks on ICT for things that were highly likely out of their control are not productive.

Edited by Skyline Drifter