The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Bloody hell just had a look and it is him! He's 45 next week, fair play to him.

Tbf he was never blessed with pace. Pass the ball into his feet and he'd still be capable of goals. I loved his goal against Hibs it sort of illustrates that point perfectly.

It looks like Troon are trying to build an Ayr team from a decade ago!

What is our best starting side now! When we have everyone back we have some brilliant options going forward. 

Sinisalo

Houston        Baird       Muirhead      Reading 

Murdoch    Chalmers 

Zanatta                        Smith                Walsh 

Anderson 

Possibly this for me! When we start to get our wide players back, linking up with each other and stretching the game we really could tear some teams to bits. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Does Walsh not say in his interview he prefers playing a more central role, it sounded like he signed partly because he would be played  in his preferred position.

I think the beauty of that three is they can all interchange as well....

The back four and goalie picks itself. Further forward you can make an argument for lots of players and combinations there of.

I dont think we have the wingers for 442. I like the idea of big Innes up top with Anderson but we just don't have the right wide men for it.

It just shows our strength in depth with Miller not in the team. I think that would be harsh given his performances so far. I'm not sure I'd rush to put McCowan right back in but Kerr will know better than any of us what his attitude is like and how contrite he is.

We certainly have options. 

Just on the Aero not being a RB thing, if Houston is still not fit enough to start, could Miller not go to RB to push Muirhead to CB, and Zanatta or McCowan take his spot in the 3 behind the striker?

I like that Kerr trusts Muirhead to go and do a job for the team, but this mustn't be at the expense of keeping an error-prone CB in the side.

Muirhead has been a good right back for me, we have barely been troubled down his side. Games we are going to be up against it I would play him there.  

Houston looked good playing further forward. 

I thought Smith had a very good debut not least because of our goal which he created but also becasue he nearly won it with that late freekick. Like some, I'm not totally convinced by Roscoe but feel he can do a job against any other team but one that included the usual man-mountain attackers. Houston at right-back with Aero in the middle seems the right combination but not sure why Houston hasn't really got a starting gig yet. Is his fitness the problem? 

Looking at the highlights (which were a million times better than that Pixielot disgrace which I wasted £10 on 😡), I thought Moffat should have scored and Cameron could have had a second if he'd made a decent connection instead of a sclaff for a shot.

Given what we usually get in the Highlands, I'll take the point but with a wee tinge of regret that it could have been more. 

48 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Muirhead has been a good right back for me, we have barely been troubled down his side. Games we are going to be up against it I would play him there.  

Houston looked good playing further forward. 

In principle, I would agree if we need to be more defensive Muirhead gives you that. I tend to prefer the backs to get forward as Reading and Houston do.

The other thing with Muirhead is I expect he would be easy beat by a pacy winger who could play the ball past him or through him (ala Zanatta versus Geggan last season).

Also, the issue with Muirhead on the right of defence is we miss him in the middle. Roscoe is not as good.

On the highlights draw was about right although we were fortunate in the first half, the quicker Muirhead gets to centre back the better Roscoe just won’t do and Muirhead I’ll say again is not a full back. Big centre took his goal well and looks quite mobile for a big lad think weve found one there.

23 hours ago, Jazzar said:

I thought Smith had a very good debut not least because of our goal which he created but also becasue he nearly won it with that late freekick. Like some, I'm not totally convinced by Roscoe but feel he can do a job against any other team but one that included the usual man-mountain attackers. Houston at right-back with Aero in the middle seems the right combination but not sure why Houston hasn't really got a starting gig yet. Is his fitness the problem? 

Looking at the highlights (which were a million times better than that Pixielot disgrace which I wasted £10 on 😡), I thought Moffat should have scored and Cameron could have had a second if he'd made a decent connection instead of a sclaff for a shot.

Given what we usually get in the Highlands, I'll take the point but with a wee tinge of regret that it could have been more. 

I requested a refund because it was via the SPFL and not Inverness. 

Evening #lads

The latest episode of The Wyness Shuffle is out now and we talk about the recent game between the sides as well as the streaming experience. There's also a wee chat with Ayrshire Post reporter Stuart Wilson.

Available from Podbean and all your other usual podcasty places like Apple, Google and Spotify.

Hopefully you like it. Well, at least the Ayr parts of it anyway. Cheers!

Edited by RiG