The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, Trogdor said:

No, I haven't worked out how to get one yet. Do I need to login at 1pm to ensure I get to view it?

Same - can’t see an option to buy it on the SPFL website. Registered for the match centre which did nothing and there’s no option to buy when you click on the game...

ETA, found it under subscribe. 

Edited by No_Problemo

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Has anyone purchased tomorrow’s game on SPFL site? Did they get a confirmation email? 

Just got an email reply from SPFL saying they have deducted £10 from the card number I gave them and said payment valid from 23rd to 26th October , then went into games and there is an icon ti click on to watch game live, tried pressing the link and nothing happens, hopefully have more luck  later today 

I feel sorry for Mark McKenzie, he has just watched 3 loan forwards come in.

I understand the forward area was needing strengthened however what chance has he got of any time to help him progress ?

I would assume the loanees will have arrived with assurances around game time.

No reserve football either now

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Same - can’t see an option to buy it on the SPFL website. Registered for the match centre which did nothing and there’s no option to buy when you click on the game...

ETA, found it under subscribe. 

Thanks, I've found it now as well! 👍

A few instructions from ICT would have been nice.

ETA - The Spfl match centre is also unnecessarily clunky. Why can't they just have an obvious live game link. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Trogdor

7 minutes ago, ski64 said:

I feel sorry for Mark McKenzie, he has just watched 3 loan forwards come in.

I understand the forward area was needing strengthened however what chance has he got of any time to help him progress ?

I would assume the loanees will have arrived with assurances around game time.

No reserve football either now

He needs to go out on loan! The signings should allow him to do that. He was never going to be playing regularly this season so far better for him - hopefully get a league one side. 

He needs to go out on loan! The signings should allow him to do that. He was never going to be playing regularly this season so far better for him - hopefully get a league one side. 
Well he does now , however Ayr are helping develop 3 other clubs players.

Surely a season playing with Moffat, admittedly as a sub , would bring him on.

To me he is as good as Innes, no harm to him.

It doesn't send out a message of confidence in Mark

4 minutes ago, ski64 said:

Have you seen Innes play? 

We are making signings to improve our squad. You can’t really argue we are helping develop Smith for his club either - he is also levels in front of McKenzie at the moment. 

Personally think a season starting at a lower league would be far better for him. 

Edited by No_Problemo

We all want to see our young players progress but we also need to make sure the squad is good enough to compete. McKenzie looks like he can handle this level physically. He’s big and strong and still looked fairly decent playing out of position. However going into this season having to rely on him isn’t wise. He needs to go out on loan to a lower level and score goals and boost his confidence a wee bit.

I think the plan would’ve always been to get him out on loan after we brought a couple more options in. As it stands Cameron has done more than McKenzie in his short career so it makes sense to use him.

Have you seen Innes play? 

We are making signings to improve our squad. You can’t really argue we are helping develop Smith for his club either - he is also levels in front of McKenzie at the moment. 

Personally think a season starting at a lower league would be far better for him. 
I have seen plenty of all these young players play.

I just question the long term benefit of developing 2 loan players who are there for a couple of months.

Maybe Mark should go out on loan now as he's clearly not considered as anywhere near a starting line up now.

The lack of reserves across the country is going to hamper a whole load of young players, that allied to the "junior" fiasco, means hundreds of players will be kicking their heels this season.

What is McKenzie's position? He seems to have featured out wide this season so far as opposed to leading the line. I always thought he was a centre forward.

I also felt he'd been pretty unlucky not to score last season. He strikes me as the sort of guy who once he gets one he will do pretty well. I wouldn't be against loaning him out for first team experience. 

Edited by Trogdor

What is McKenzie's position? He seems to have featured out wide this season so far as opposed to leading the line. I always thought he was a centre forward.
I also felt he'd been pretty unlucky not to score last season. He strikes me as the sort of guy who once he gets one he will do pretty well. I wouldn't be against loaning him out for first team experience. 
He's a centre forward and I agree he needs a goal.

He is strong enough to hold up the ball to play others in and probably not as influential out wide.

As is often the case younger forwards he will be played wider though.
Game time is crucial and it doesn't look like he's going to getting it now.

See in the Scottish Goverments strategic framework which was released yesterday that fans will be permitted at Level 0 and 1 (both restricted numbers), basically means until there's a vaccine not everyone will be allowed back. 

Also expected our area will be level 3 next week when this starts so i wouldn't rush to grab the season ticket just yet.......

Be a miracle if many are allowed in ground before May IMO

45 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Who is it? I listened to the trailer and it sounds like they're playing the audio at half speed. 

It's me, I'll try speak a bit faster for you :thumsup2