The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, JohnGAYR said:

Except missing our second goal!!!

Aye, cause we aren't Broadcasting they won't care about going through a session with Pixellot like the clubs that are have. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:
  • Chris Robertson (initially)
  • Kevin Kyle
  • Aaron Drinan
  • Gareth Wardlaw
  • Craig Beattie
  • Farid El Alagui
  • Ross Caldwell
  • Laurent D'Jaffo
  • Ian Ferguson
  • Ally Graham
  • Roddy Grant
  • Steve Kerrigan
  • Michael Moore
  • Kevin Nisbet
  • Neil Tarrant
  • Andy. O'Connell

It's really bad that I only know half of this list 😅 

I think a few, Craig Beattie especially, are best left forgotten. 

I think the big man will do well in the championship and if he helps get ayr promoted then great. I want you up in the top league so we can beat you three times a season (us top 6 obviously...)

When Cameron leaves us for a couple of million in a few years, you can feel proud... -) 

Joking aside, have you guys taken loan players from us in the past? I cant think of any..

4 minutes ago, flood said:

I think the big man will do well in the championship and if he helps get ayr promoted then great. I want you up in the top league so we can beat you three times a season (us top 6 obviously...)

When Cameron leaves us for a couple of million in a few years, you can feel proud... -) 

Joking aside, have you guys taken loan players from us in the past? I cant think of any..

From memory we seemed to get two very different Danny McKay's.....can't think of any others.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, the pixelot did seem better quality and much crisper picture but imagine if our seagullls appeared, that could potentially be carnage !!

It certainly has better resolution and frame rate than the AUMedia offering. I also prefer the camera angle. But the inaccuracy in tracking the ball is a major issue with the platform so I can see why we chose to do something different.

I don't understand why AUMedia are struggling to stream at 1080p. I also think that in an otherwise empty stadium they could get some cherry pickers from our vice-chairman to provide an more elevated view. Even resolving just one of these would significantly improve the coverage.

We get to try Pivellot again tomorrow. I assume they are also working on improving the tracking.

The Kilmarnock to Ayr route has always, in the majority of cases been successful. Gary Agnew, Craig Napier, Vareille, McKay, Roberts. 

The other way has not worked so well, Furphy, Sludden, Mclnally (albeit via a few teams) 

The only one I can think of is Ross Jack, who was crap.

8 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

You have to remember though in the 00s we watched numerous jobbers appear from the Juniors. Yes you've named some great examples of where it goes well but, there is nothing elitist about going on past experience. For every Moffat there is a squad of has beens and never weres. 

My point is that it would be remiss of management to ignore the lower leagues and to do so would without any shadow of a doubt be elitist....just like your post. You are aware that our team, whilst flying high in the Championship, recently exited the Scottish Cup from a team who play in the lower leagues. 

53 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Kilmarnock to Ayr route has always, in the majority of cases been successful. Gary Agnew, Craig Napier, Vareille, McKay, Roberts. 

The other way has not worked so well, Furphy, Sludden, Mclnally (albeit via a few teams) 

The only one I can think of is Ross Jack, who was crap.

I forgot Furphy went to Killie! Only played once I see.

29 minutes ago, conley said:

My point is that it would be remiss of management to ignore the lower leagues and to do so would without any shadow of a doubt be elitist....just like your post. You are aware that our team, whilst flying high in the Championship, recently exited the Scottish Cup from a team who play in the lower leagues. 

With players in their team who couldn't handle playing in league one. 

11 minutes ago, Iain said:

So is Cameron the guy we bring on after 75 minutes when we're behind and lump long balls to until the ref puts us out of our misery?

Long balls so he can knock them down to the other 4 flying forwards (Moffat/Smith, Anderson, Mccowan, zanatta/Walsh ). It’s something that other teams do well and I believe we have the personnel to do that very well! 

For all the Ally Graham haters we got a real lump of cash when we sold him to Motherwell , £50,000 if I’m correct . He then went on to Rovers for over £100k and won a national cup winners medal . 

Some Ayr fans talk the most amazing shit .

Give this young  boy Cameron a break ...

21 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Has anyone purchased tomorrow’s game on SPFL site? Did they get a confirmation email? 

No, I haven't worked out how to get one yet. Do I need to login at 1pm to ensure I get to view it?

Edited by Trogdor

This boy Cameron coming in must be a kick in the nuts to McKenzie, albeit he's had game time in pre season and a couple of Betfred so maybe just hasn't impressed Kerr enough. Do think he'd benefit from loan spell if we had the luxury of offering that. Wasn't even at Forfar a month before last season got suspended. 

2 hours ago, placidcasual said:
8 hours ago, Gregor147 said:
IMG_1745.thumb.jpg.c4d8cfe5a498f6dc02b477dd100591d2.jpg

Hugh Sproat...Supposedly 32 at the time of the photograph. Can this be right?

Picture is from 80’s footballers aging badly

https://twitter.com/80saging?s=21

It won't be far away, from the kit that's probably early to mid 80s. He was born in 1952.

Yip. Our goalies wore that, and a green version, in the mid 80s. Hugh Sproat's second spell at the club was 84-86.