The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Seems strange they upload it but don't broadcast it live, would be a good back-up if the AU media coverage wasn't working. 

They are not allowed to broadcast it live domestically. If they did it would undermine your own club's sales of streaming. Can't imagine they'd be happy?

They do broadcast it internationally live though.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

They are not allowed to broadcast it live domestically. If they did it would undermine your own club's sales of streaming. Can't imagine they'd be happy?

There's obviously more to it than that, they are broadcasting Inverness. 

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I didn't know they uploaded it, I assume Inverness aren't letting the SPFL broadcast it and keep the cash, likewise, I am sure they are not hosting the match footage for free for all the other clubs. 

How soon are they uploading the games ? I am assuming there is a delay, what is to stop someone pieing the £10 match fee and watching a free re-run of the game later that day/week? 

Innes Cameron certainly has the size about him and fills the role of Tall Striker. 

Though I have to ask, due to only attending Somerset since roughly 1995, can anyone name some recent Tall Ayr United strikers? 

I honestly can't think of any at all. Maybe Kevin Kyle. I Can't think 🤔

Hoping that there are a few 'David Craig-back post' moments to come from Innes Cameron 😂

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Innes Cameron certainly has the size about him and fills the role of Tall Striker. 

Though I have to ask, due to only attending Somerset since roughly 1995, can anyone name some recent Tall Ayr United strikers? 

Hoping that there are a few 'David Craig-back post' moments to come from Innes Cameron 😂

Other than Kyle, I can think of Graham, Shaw, Kerrigan & Annand off the top of my head, there were a few others who were only fringe players or only played a couple of games right enough.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Cameron had a very good season for an 18 year old when he played at Stranraer but has not been near the Kilmarnock first team. injury withstanding. Nor any of the Scotland youth setup. There will be the opposite  situation with Smith, if Cameron does well, he'll most likely be off at Christmas.

I'm not sure this is really fair - he was very much considered a first-team player at the start of last season, he had come off the bench a couple of times and then made his first start a couple of weeks before he got his injury, and then that was him done for the season. He's then been on the bench for us for most of this season, but Kabamba has been outstanding so he's not really been able to get a chance.

A couple of years ago, he was seen as the next player who was going to make the breakthrough for us. I think Clarke really rated him and the loan spell at Stranraer was supposed to be a chance for him to get some first team action under his belt before returning to fight for a place with us. The injury therefore came at absolutely the worst time, but it has always been our intention to send him to the Championship this year, and I think Ayr is probably about the best place for him given the success you've had with loan players in recent years (and the fact it's very local for him rather than traipsing across the country). I have a feeling he'll do quite well for you.

29 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Taking 6'0 and over as tall you'll have seen all of these guys play as a striker for Ayr if I use 1995 as a cut off going back the way.  

• Chris Robertson (initially)
  • Kevin Kyle
  • Aaron Drinan
  • Gareth Wardlaw
  • Craig Beattie
  • Farid El Alagui
  • Ross Caldwell
  • Laurent D'Jaffo
  • Ian Ferguson
  • Ally Graham
  • Roddy Grant
  • Steve Kerrigan
  • Michael Moore
  • Kevin Nisbet
  • Neil Tarrant
  • Andy. O'Connell
Edited by itzdrk

47 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

There's obviously more to it than that, they are broadcasting Inverness. 

There's absolutely no more to it than that. Every club was offered the opportunity to use the SPFL broadcast platform domestically too (in whcih case they'd keep the cash from their own home game sales obviously). Only Inverness took it up. The rest preferred to do their own thing.

32 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I didn't know they uploaded it, I assume Inverness aren't letting the SPFL broadcast it and keep the cash, likewise, I am sure they are not hosting the match footage for free for all the other clubs. 

How soon are they uploading the games ? I am assuming there is a delay, what is to stop someone pieing the £10 match fee and watching a free re-run of the game later that day/week? 

They have all the games as they paid to put Pixellot camera into every ground. It's mainly for IMG contract, in play betting and international broadcast. As I said above, Inverness took up the option to let the SPFL handle all their streaming (as it's hassle free with no up front costs, but it is far more expensive than doing it yourself and depending on what you think of the Pixellot footage, potentially inferior). Everyone else did not.

I don't know how soon the footage is available on there but it won't be on match day. Is it not free to watch it several days later? I've not tried. There's absolutely nothing to stop anyone watching it later of course.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't know how soon the footage is available on there but it won't be on match day. Is it not free to watch it several days later? I've not tried. There's absolutely nothing to stop anyone watching it later of course.

I didn't know it existed until lunch time today, so it'll be interesting to see. I would hope it would be at least Monday before it was up, You have the pay-per view fee for a Saturday game but also the club highlights package with sponsorship and possibly some sort of revenue from them on Youtube, although I expect that would not be much though, that is normally up the early hours of Sunday morning. Having the full match available in HD within 3-4 days to view could take away some of that revenue. 

The footage isn't edited so it could be available quite quickly to stream.

I honestly can't think of any at all. Maybe Kevin Kyle. I Can't think [emoji848]
Hoping that there are a few 'David Craig-back post' moments to come from Innes Cameron [emoji23]
Craig Bettie

8 minutes ago, HMIP said:

You’re talking proper nonsense there.  Big Graham was superb in the air.  

Ally was one of my hero's watching Ayr, his goal from the corner of the 18 yard box in to the far top corner was glorious, dropping his shorts and doing jazz hands towards the Ayr support after scoring against St Mirren was mental.

He was a big carthorse though.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Taking 6'0 and over as tall you'll have seen all of these guys play as a striker for Ayr if I use 1995 as a cut off going back the way.  

• Chris Robertson (initially)
  • Kevin Kyle
  • Aaron Drinan
  • Gareth Wardlaw
  • Craig Beattie
  • Farid El Alagui
  • Ross Caldwell
  • Laurent D'Jaffo
  • Ian Ferguson
  • Ally Graham
  • Roddy Grant
  • Steve Kerrigan
  • Michael Moore
  • Kevin Nisbet
  • Neil Tarrant
  • Andy. O'Connell

If the criteria is literally any striker 6’0 and over, then there’s a rather obvious recent entry missing from that list...

You could also have Ross Robertson, didn’t always play as a striker but when he did he was essentially used as a battering ram.