The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Mod1967 said:

Innes Cameron plays for Ayr United get behind him 

As I said yesterday before this signing it would split the fans , too many people more interested in where he came from rather what he can give to our team , I thought the world had moved on but for some obviously not 

Yeah, I'm the same with pretty much everyone on here in that I don't care that he came from Kilmarnock. He seems to be the tall striker that we were missing and will definitely give us something else going forward. The only concern I have of him is that he spent most of last season having a knee injury. 

11 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Where they played prior to coming to us I could not care two f**ks , as long as they do the business for us , too many fans acting like bigot brothers from Glasgow , I hate Kilmarnock as a football team but have no qualms with some of their players wanting to step up to a better club 

Well said

28 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Exactly he's the last striker we signed on loan from them and he did well enough for us in this league (Ignoring his 2nd spell).

Hopefully the same people never find out which player in the current squad actually supports them.

Tom Walsh? 

8 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Innes Cameron plays for Ayr United get behind him 

If Mark Kerr thinks he fits the bill, he fits the bill.

Just hope the boy is a success, who knows if he'll go back in January only time will tell.

Come January the boy at Ipswich will be fit again and well down the starting list there.

I'll throw Gary Agnew into the ex- Killie Ayr players.

As for Killie just now, its that long since we played them in the league that I don't even really care.

Obviously Cup ties are different but unfortunately its been some time since they have thought of us as rivals really.

No problem with loaning one of their players.

Edited by paulbrucerick

Tbf this may be a smart signing from Kerr... not guaranteed a start but will add another dimension to the team allowing us to play a completely different way! A bit  like with Drinan last year. We now have options to play a different way and a bit of depth up top and I for one am all for that! Overall the squad looks decent with players who can be switched between multiple positions. An extra defender wouldn’t go a miss however we can’t have it all! Well done the board and Mark and Michael for assembling what on paper looks an excellent squad! 

A pretty positive week I'd say.  Next challenge is to go up to Inverness and actually give them a game rather than sit back and wait for the inevitable 1 or 2 -0 defeat that we seem to love against them.   If we can do that then maybe I'll start believing haha. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Is Mikey Miller turning out to be a more shrewd signjng than originally thought (being announced with Walsh)?
It sounds like he's been solid whenever and wherever he's played. I've got so much time for consistent if unspectacular players like that. Early days right enough.

I'm a big Andy Murdoch fan, however so far this season Miller has looked more effective than Murdoch although Andy is just coming back from a long lay off and terrible injury but sentiment aside, I think Miller would be ahead of Murdoch for me at the moment.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’ve no problem with signing Kilmarnock players tbh! Look at Jerome Vareille and mark Roberts as players and they did well for us 

Maybe it's because I come from North Ayrshire and not really knowing / coming into contact with many Killie fans, however it's not a thing that bothers me at all. If they're good enough and put in a shift for Ayr United, then they're good enough for me.

Being honest I don't really know much about Innes Cameron, so what is it that we're getting ??

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:
13 minutes ago, ftk said:
Signing killie players on loan is a new low for the club!

Agreed. Anything less than a league title now and Kerr should be punted.

Executed, surely ??

2 hours ago, rb123! said:
3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:
On paper that’s a very competent starting 11 
I think any signings coming in before January will be players who are capable of playing in defence and midfield , 
Budget must be almost spent now looking at the signings so far , a number of very decent ex pros and top level juniors now available due to some big teams pulling out leagues this season , is there maybe someone we can get from there to cover the bench and be capable of changing a game 

Are you hinting that we're signing someone free the juniors?

You are sounding like a big time Charlie elitist with your comments..it would be remiss of management not to keep an eye on the juniors..a couple of examples why...Michael  Moffat...Ross Stewart (currently getting good reviews with his displays at Ross County) played with Ardeer and Kilwinning Rangers for three years before going into the professional ranks..I'm sure there are others.

2 minutes ago, conley said:

You are sounding like a big time Charlie elitist with your comments..it would be remiss of management not to keep an eye on the juniors..a couple of examples why...Michael  Moffat...Ross Stewart (currently getting good reviews with his displays at Ross County) played with Ardeer and Kilwinning Rangers for three years before going into the professional ranks..I'm sure there are others.

Ok, I'll be the pedant. Junior football no longer exists in the West of Scotland. The former junior clubs are now tier 6 and 7 seniors.