The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just wait till people find out who Jamie Adams started his career with.

Not a great comparison to be fair. I’m not bothered but I think the reason some people are annoyed is due to him being a current Kilmarnock player. 

Not a great comparison to be fair. I’m not bothered but I think the reason some people are annoyed is due to him being a current Kilmarnock player. 

It’s a fair point.

I can guarantee that all it will take is a one goal for people to change their minds.

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I do get that.  But for me it's whether you want to first and foremost 'hate the Killie one team in Ayrshire'  or accept that the manager will sign the best players he thinks he can get to somehow get us up to the level Killie currently play at, regardless of who they play for.    Kerr obviously feels we need an option up front who is 6 foot 3 or whatever and that Cameron is the best available - so personally I'm all for it.   

I know there's also the argument about "why are we developing their (Killie, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc) youngsters rather than our own".  Again I do get that but the reality is that it's a 27 game season so thinking short term  he needs to get the best team as he possibly can on the park.   

Seems fairly risk free to me especially as no fans in the ground to get on his back.   If he isn't good enough then I'm sure he will go back in January and we will look elsewhere.  If he is, then we should in theory be doing well enough in the league for the majority to not be that fussed. 

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

Danny McKay (v.1) as well.

If he's a good lad and fits the environment and structure that Kerr is building then it shouldn't matter where he comes from. It folds my brain sometimes how folk can get wound up about this sort of thing.

Exactly he's the last striker we signed on loan from them and he did well enough for us in this league (Ignoring his 2nd spell).

Hopefully the same people never find out which player in the current squad actually supports them.

No problem with the signing  Kerrs done really well to get some of the players in and with no fans to get on his back he should do fine, my worry is what’s going on at the back as I’m not convinced with what we’ve got, you need to get clean sheets in this league and I’m not convinced with what we’ve got. In my view that was where we were light, just waiting on Houston adding to the long term injured and Muirhead as a full back won’t do even for cover just ask the Falkirk fans, he’s a centre back nothing else.

22 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’ve no problem with signing Kilmarnock players tbh! Look at Jerome Vareille and mark Roberts as players and they did well for us 

Where they played prior to coming to us I could not care two f**ks , as long as they do the business for us , too many fans acting like bigot brothers from Glasgow , I hate Kilmarnock as a football team but have no qualms with some of their players wanting to step up to a better club