The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Cammy Smith is a very good signing.
McDaid would not be but as a fan of Dundee Football Club it is one I could and will get behind 100%. Is there a chance it could happen or is this just hypothetical talk?

It’s all hypothetical. I don’t think we really need another winger/attacking midfielder so it’d be a bit of a pointless signing.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s all hypothetical. I don’t think we really need another winger/attacking midfielder so it’d be a bit of a pointless signing.

Aye we’re clearly more in need of a big target man type striker than an attacking/wide midfielder. I’d even argue we are more in need of a defender than an attacking midfielder. Jordan Houston injury is slightly concerning. 

Aye we’re clearly more in need of a big target man type striker than an attacking/wide midfielder. I’d even argue we are more in need of a defender than an attacking midfielder. Jordan Houston injury is slightly concerning. 

Aye I’d like to see a centre back come in especially if Muirhead is going to be playing RB for a bit. Bell leaving has also left us a wee bit short there unless Kerr is putting his trust in the youngsters.

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Might still be one. 

Whoever it is that comes in, let's get behind the player, management team and club to have got it right. We can't have many grumbles so far with our recruitment, let's trust those making the decisions. 

As I said in an earlier post, I hope we continue signing players with plenty of upside, ability and hunger. 

Watching Hearts on Friday night, highlighted just how strong, in numbers and ability, their starting eleven and squad overall is.

We'll need to get absolutely everything from the squad we're assembling. Having players picking up cheap Red cards helps nobody 

I'd be looking for any other additions to come in that allows us the options of going with different formations as the season progresses and to perhaps change things in different match situations. 

Very upbeat. 👏

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

ye we’re clearly more in need of a big target man type striker than an attacking/wide midfielder. I’d even argue we are more in need of a defender than an attacking midfielder. Jordan Houston injury is slightly concerning. 

Could Liam Smith be a shout . Can play RB and LB . Not in the picture at the Arabs .

Tend to think it’s a centre forward though ... 

Could Liam Smith be a shout . Can play RB and LB . Not in the picture at the Arabs .
 Tend to think it’s a centre forward though ... 

Smith was injured I think but is back now. I’d rather we weren’t wasting money on another full back tbh.

5 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Maybe not today , but very soon , one  could cause plenty of discussion knowing how fickle some of our fans can be 

Does this read as if there may be a couple of players inbound .?

I see that there is an Ayr United podcast starting soon. Should hopefully be a good listen. Something I think we have been crying out for some time . I regularly listen to an ICT one and it’s a really good listen. Think it’s one of the Caley boys on here that runs it. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see that there is an Ayr United podcast starting soon. Should hopefully be a good listen. Something I think we have been crying out for some time . I regularly listen to an ICT one and it’s a really good listen. Think it’s one of the Caley boys on here that runs it. 

Depends who is actually doing the coverage, hopefully a decent listen.