The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'm pretty chill about the prospect of a Kilmarnock player signing on loan, doesn't have to win the fans round in the current environment (whether we like that or not). 

We have McKenzie who is our player and if it becomes about developing a player, I'd rather it was ours rather than someone the same age. Anderson had a decent pedigree and has been involved regularly in the Aberdeen first team when we signed him. 

McKenzie is behind Moore, Moffat, McCowan, Walsh, Anderson and Zanatta as a forward, with Smith coming in now, McKenzie will not get a sniff of first team football unless he goes out on loan. For me, unless it is real, proven quality, I wouldn't be in favour of Cameron coming in. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

We have McKenzie who is our player and if it becomes about developing a player, I'd rather it was ours rather than someone the same age. Anderson had a decent pedigree and has been involved regularly in the Aberdeen first team when we signed him. 

McKenzie is behind Moore, Moffat, McCowan, Walsh, Anderson and Zanatta as a forward, with Smith coming in now, McKenzie will not get a sniff of first team football unless he goes out on loan. For me, unless it is real, proven quality, I wouldn't be in favour of Cameron coming in. 

I don't necessarily think the two would be as linked as you might imagine. 

Cameron would only be coming in (if it is even him) because he is a big laddie, that doesn't change anything for McKenzie to me, he isn't that type of player so wouldn't be used in the matches he would be used in. 

Maybe not today , but very soon , one  could cause plenty of discussion knowing how fickle some of our fans can be 
"One could cause" would suggest there is more than one "imminent" to come. Happy if that is the case, especially if they are the same calibre as Smith.

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Don't know much about Barjonas other than the Rangers fans seem to rate him highly but he's apparently got the reputation of a Billy big time when out on loan to lower league sides and doesn't put in a shift ??

Anyway, don't care who we get as I'm sure Kerr and McArdle know what they're doing and so far our signings have all been above my expectations so very pleased.

He was rotten with us. Did the usual Rangers loanee trick which we've seen time and time again where he'll score a rocket and then completely disappear. We had him in a midfield with Gillespie and Nat Wedderburn and it was utterly turgid. I've no idea what the lad is like as a personality, but based off the loans we've had from Murray Park I'd be delighted if we don't get any further. We've had about 6 or 7 and only Ryan Hardie had any redeemable quality or ability to help a team at this level. 

18 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

He was rotten with us. Did the usual Rangers loanee trick which we've seen time and time again where he'll score a rocket and then completely disappear. We had him in a midfield with Gillespie and Nat Wedderburn and it was utterly turgid. I've no idea what the lad is like as a personality, but based off the loans we've had from Murray Park I'd be delighted if we don't get any further. We've had about 6 or 7 and only Ryan Hardie had any redeemable quality or ability to help a team at this level. 

We don't even know if that's a name being linked, more speculation on our part (and we've gone through half the players in Scotland at one point or another), but I have heard pretty negative things about him.

Stephen Kelly was pretty good for us and had a great attitude as well, if we could get another like him it would be great, on the other hand we've had a few dumplings from both of the old firm including Calvin Miller who flattered to deceive and apparently didn't have the best of attitudes either.

It's always a bit of a lottery with loan deals, however I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is Barjonas not an attacking midfielder? With Smith, McCowan and Walsh we don’t really need another one.

Nah can play in a central holding role too like Murdoch and Chalmers, although apparently he might be in their Europa League team tonight so that could be the end of that possibility, not sure who else would be controversial. 

Edited by rb123!

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is Barjonas not an attacking midfielder? With Smith, McCowan and Walsh we don’t really need another one.

Yes, we probably need a holding midfielder and a CB / FB cover, other than that a 6ft 4 target man would do us, someone like an Ally Graham.

Having said that a left field signing like a Robert Scott could also prove to be good, as sometimes the lesser known journeymen type guys can turn out to be excellent acquisitions and even move up a level in their performances when playing with better players around them.

Anyway, in MK we trust.

Nah can play in a central holding role too like Murdoch and Chalmers

Even then if we’re bringing in a loan players there will be an expectation that he plays. I can’t see us being able to bring in any player that would displace either Murdoch or Chalmers.

45 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I don't necessarily think the two would be as linked as you might imagine. 

Cameron would only be coming in (if it is even him) because he is a big laddie, that doesn't change anything for McKenzie to me, he isn't that type of player so wouldn't be used in the matches he would be used in. 

We can only play a limited number of players up front, Moffat may be used sparingly, Moore, who knows when we will see him again, Walsh will play when fit, so you will have two or three players that can start. Anderson, McCowan, Zanatta, Moffat and Smith. Anyone coming in would be an expected back-up and someone who had a decent season for Stranraer two years ago would, I expect only be coming in as back-up. 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We can only play a limited number of players up front, Moffat may be used sparingly, Moore, who knows when we will see him again, Walsh will play when fit, so you will have two or three players that can start. Anderson, McCowan, Zanatta, Moffat and Smith. Anyone coming in would be an expected back-up and someone who had a decent season for Stranraer two years ago would, I expect only be coming in as back-up. 

Yeah Anderson is the main guy, Kerr is obviously looking for a target man type though for backup, that isn't McKenzie. 

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

“Touch like Zidane”
“Hair like ma Gran”
McDaid on loan - that would cause a ten-pager at least!!!

I didn't think he was good enough for us 2 years ago and I'd say we've moved forward since then.

23 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Mcdaid was much underrated was a far better option wide left than Crawford who did zero out there, led to believe left sided defenders also enjoyed him playing there as he gave better cover than either Forrest or Crawford 

I definitely don't agree with that, he was inconsistent and again flattered to deceive, his final ball was shocking at times and he wasn't a great team player.

Forrest was twice the player and much more important for the team and Robbie was a completely different type and unfair to compare when he was being played out of position.

No doubt that he's "split opinion" right enough and got us talking, so that's that box ticked !!!

McDaid was good in League 1 albeit inconsistent. He was fitter, quicker and stronger than most players in that league and was capable of giving any full back the run around. He disappeared halfway into that season though but started playing well from about February onwards.

In the Championship he still showed he was very capable of playing well but never ever showed it enough. IMO he’s a mid table Championship player but is always capable of playing a blinder when he feels like it.

There is however absolutely no reason whatsoever to try and compare him to Robbie Crawford. Two totally different positions but Crawford fell victim to the McCall tactic of shoehorning players into the team when it clearly doesn’t suit them.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McDaid was good in League 1 albeit inconsistent. He was fitter, quicker and stronger than most players in that league and was capable of giving any full back the run around. He disappeared halfway into that season though but started playing well from about February onwards.

In the Championship he still showed he was very capable of playing well but never ever showed it enough. IMO he’s a mid table Championship player but is always capable of playing a blinder when he feels like it.

There is however absolutely no reason whatsoever to try and compare him to Robbie Crawford. Two totally different positions but Crawford fell victim to the McCall tactic of shoehorning players into the team when it clearly doesn’t suit them.

Pretty much this. McDaid was outstanding when we beat Killie. 

In regards the comments above, McDaid was far far better defensively than Forrest. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

We don't even know if that's a name being linked, more speculation on our part (and we've gone through half the players in Scotland at one point or another), but I have heard pretty negative things about him.

Stephen Kelly was pretty good for us and had a great attitude as well, if we could get another like him it would be great, on the other hand we've had a few dumplings from both of the old firm including Calvin Miller who flattered to deceive and apparently didn't have the best of attitudes either.

It's always a bit of a lottery with loan deals, however I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Very much agree with all that, except I thought Kelly was better than "pretty good" - hard-working midfielders who also get forward and who are very capable of making as well as scoring goals at our level are fairly rare which is why I was sorry to see Docherty go at the same time as Kelly. We have done very well to get Walsh, Miller and Chalmers but I reckon a goalscoring midfield player would be top of my list now if I was MK. Don't get me wrong though - I'm very happy with the signings we've made with possibly only Zanatta being on the 'some doubts about him' list.