The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If you think about it, since the start of pre-season, Kerr has lost Houston, Walsh, Zanatta, Moore and also the departed Bell. 

Why do we have no luck with injuries? I mean with Bell away and depending of the issue with Houston, Muirhead may be a permanent RB just now which means we have no CB cover. Is that another signing we're going to need on top of at least an attacking midfielder and striker. Honestly though i don't know where 3 signigns are coming from but if we don't get them i fear squad depth is going to kill our season.

You know it's bad when @Robbo63 is saying we need a couple of bodies in for Saturday, he's usually Mr Calm saying there's plenty of time for Kerr to get guys in.

11 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Never heard of him, thought Duncan Carmichael would be the authority  on all thingsAyr. Although a quick search from this Gerry fella brings up this belter

Screen-Shot-2014-10-02-at-141053.png

A great book , had the pleasure of being interviewed by him on the team bus as we were travelling to Dundee and my interview is printed in the book 

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

He did that as he was a referee himself at a lower level 

I'm sure I recall him once agreeing that the referee had a disaster. Can't remember the game or the context though. 

Another character. Bring him back I say, he'd have had a field day defending McLean on Saturday there!

Further to the posts about Ayr United books this one is due out next week (30th October). It can be bought via the Club Shop, Ayr Waterstones or Amazon. I hope I am not taking a liberty with the shameless plug. https://www.waterstones.com/book/ayr-united-the-oddest-matches/duncan-carmichael/9781849212137

Best Ayr United book I've read personally was Ayr Uniteds Greatest Games by Duncan Carmichael. Aye, okay, I only remember the last 6 or 7 games but it made me smile like an idiot when reading. Ayr United had some good times and it's great to refresh memories. 😊

There are Duncan Carmichael books for sale within the wee shop in Monkton, I was told he may live near there 😊

Of course, I read this book before I was barred from the local library for asking the librarian woman if she had a book titled 'How to Deal with Rejection without Killing.' 

She never had it...