The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6179032/spfl-plans-mandatory-defeats-covid-call-offs/

This'll go down well, SPFL wanting to automatically award 3-0 defeats to any club who can't field a team due to positive Covid Tests.

Scenes on last day of the season when there's a title race between two teams and one club loses out on the title because they had a player test positive for Covid 19

Edited by rb123!

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6179032/spfl-plans-mandatory-defeats-covid-call-offs/

This'll go down well, SPFL wanting to automatically award 3-0 defeats to any club who can't field a team due to positive Covid Tests.

Scenes on last day of the season when there's a title race between two teams and one club loses out on the title because they had a player test positive for Covid 19

Especially if it involved a certain pair of clubs 30 odd miles up the road. Or Hearts.

Anyway this might be ok if it was introduced prior to the league season starting, but not when it has already kicked off and some games have already been postponed due to COVID.

The one voice I remember from the Enclosure from when I first started going (1991 or so)  was someone who always used to shout "COME ON UNI-TED" with what seemed like quite a gap where the dash is.   Must have been some voice as it's one of the main things that stands out in my memory as a wee guy aged 6 or 7 on the North Terracing haha.   That and going down a gravel hill where the Hospitality suite is now to pee in a big concrete trough 
That was an older guy. Can't remember his first name but his second name was Getgood.
Usually shouted that and PUNT IT to whoever our keeper was

37 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Especially if it involved a certain pair of clubs 30 odd miles up the road. Or Hearts.

Anyway this might be ok if it was introduced prior to the league season starting, but not when it has already kicked off and some games have already been postponed due to COVID.

We must be playing in the pub leagues now, I actually think it's what should happen but not after the season has started. 

1 hour ago, davidkennedyshand said:

That was an older guy. Can't remember his first name but his second name was Getgood.
Usually shouted that and PUNT IT to whoever our keeper was

Probably Bobby Getgood. A joiner with the council who worked with my grandfather. He was  member of Hawkhill I think.

Enclosure George used to do my tax returns when I let a property. He was always quite calm and lucid when I chatted with him about Ayr. The red mist must have fallen when he set foot into the enclosure!

5 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Probably Bobby Getgood. A joiner with the council who worked with my grandfather. He was  member of Hawkhill I think.

Enclosure George used to do my tax returns when I let a property. He was always quite calm and lucid when I chatted with him about Ayr. The red mist must have fallen when he set foot into the enclosure!

Think the enclosure did that to alot of people, mind Wullie H from Honest Page used to go absolutely mental in there. Sure it was Mark Roberts who finally snapped at him? 

22 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes.

And well done on being one of the very few to understand where the user name comes from. If I had a pound for everyone who assumes it's something to do with either the Skyline Hotel in Dumfries (which has been closed for about 30 years) or some Japanese supercar, I'd be well a lot wealthier than I am!).

I've wondered if you had a link to the hotel. My parents were friendly with the owners, the Bells.

I saw Fish at the drill hall early 90's, you there?

2 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

I've wondered if you had a link to the hotel. My parents were friendly with the owners, the Bells.

I saw Fish at the drill hall early 90's, you there?

No link to the hotel. Closed before I was old enough to drink I think. I was never in it.

Yes, I was there.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

10 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Think the enclosure did that to alot of people, mind Wullie H from Honest Page used to go absolutely mental in there. Sure it was Mark Roberts who finally snapped at him? 

Doesn't he stand on the North Terrace now?

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

When I first started going with my Grandpa I stood at the bit behind the away dug out. It’s not used now. What would that have been called? 

I have always called both sides of the tunnel below the stand The Enclosure.

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

When I first started going with my Grandpa I stood at the bit behind the away dug out. It’s not used now. What would that have been called? 

That is the Enclosure. Possibly known at some point as the West Enclosure but usually referred to as the Away Enclosure. 

4 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Doesn't he stand on the North Terrace now?

I have always called both sides of the tunnel below the stand The Enclosure.

Yeah think he's been over there for a few seasons now. 

42 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

I'm quite sure George received warnings when in the directors box as match sponsor. 

13 hours ago, Hawk89 said:
21 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:
Wasn't that Robert Connor?

Stand corrected, no redeeming qualities then.

Yeah, I don't remember a single redeeming quality about his tenure. It was absolutely garbage. He got a new deal after getting us relegated too, before subsequently being binned during the "cost cutting measures" that were implemented a couple of months into the 04/05 season in order to avoid administration.

At least with Connor, Watt and Roberts you can say that they made signings (Ryan Stevenson, Alex Williams and Nicky Devlin) that would be good players in the years that followed. Unfortunately they signed some amount of shite as well.

According to the AP Jordan Houston and Tom Walsh both out for Saturday with Dario Zanatta described as 50/50. Players will travel to the game on Saturday on two separate busses. 

MK hopeful of getting fresh blood in this week. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

According to the AP Jordan Houston and Tom Walsh both out for Saturday with Dario Zanatta described as 50/50. Players will travel to the game on Saturday on two separate busses. 

How the f**k is Jordan Houston suddenly out! And Zanatta going from rested as a precaution to 50/50 which clearly means out. 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Kerr said Zanatta should be ok on Saturday night ! Weird one with Houston , he had a dead leg was rested for a couple of games then got 30 minutes against Annan , I can only think he has suffered some other injury in training  , it’s a real must then that we get at least 2 in for Saturday