The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Hmm, £12.50 for PPV for league matches? Would’ve thought they’d have waited to get things right before putting the price up at least. Funny how a couple of quid can make you think twice. I know I know, seasons etc

Thot £10 across the division would have been plenty it's hardly sky sports coverage...... 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

They are hardly going to make it free. 

Who even mentioned that? Ultimately it’s 25% more than QoS for example for what’s effectively a work in progress. I’ll probably pay it anyway, and we’re unlikely to get any random viewers , especially this weekend. Think it puts a bit of pressure on AUMedia to deliver, more so from away fans who won’t see this as some sort of charitable donation.

4 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Who even mentioned that? Ultimately it’s 25% more than QoS for example for what’s effectively a work in progress. I’ll probably pay it anyway, and we’re unlikely to get any random viewers , especially this weekend. Think it puts a bit of pressure on AUMedia to deliver, more so from away fans who won’t see this as some sort of charitable donation.

I know what you're getting at but you have to see the bigger picture. I had a very similar reaction to season ticket prices being announced.

Just a practical point our ticket prices (gate or season ticket) are between 10% and 15% above Queen of the South in normal times. 

Moreover, season ticket holders are currently donating circa £5 for every game streamed through overpayment as they are effectively paying £17.70 a game. I expect that will be fine as most season ticket holders will see it as a donation. However, its an important consideration for the club when pricing the stream.

Finally, at £12.50 the club is losing out £7.50 against you attending on the day and still has to pay the players etc. they're not profiting out of you and desperately need our support now more than ever. So if you can, pay it.

7 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Thot £10 across the division would have been plenty it's hardly sky sports coverage...... 

Yeah let's compare the offering of a team of volunteers doing a live stream to a 30 billion pound company with over 30,000 employees and hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

That seems sensible.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I know what you're getting at but you have to see the bigger picture. I had a very similar reaction to season ticket prices being announced.

Just a practical point our ticket prices (gate or season ticket) are between 10% and 15% above Queen of the South in normal times. 

Moreover, season ticket holders are currently donating circa £5 for every game streamed through overpayment as they are effectively paying £17.70 a game. I expect that will be fine as most season ticket holders will see it as a donation. However, its an important consideration for the club when pricing the stream.

Finally, at £12.50 the club is losing out £7.50 against you attending on the day and still has to pay the players etc. they're not profiting out of you and desperately need our support now more than ever. So if you can, pay it.

To compound the reduction in match day income as well there will obviously be family groups watching together (no more than 6 at a time per household). 

21 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I was expecting £15 so quiet pleased its only £12.50. I haven't been able to get to too many games over the last few years so even a crap stream is better than nothing - though im hoping hoping we still get Wuffsters excellent highlights?

The good man himself confirmed he will be doing all the home games but not all the away games.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Fair enough boys, just my initial reaction after the midweek game. Shame it’ll be an 11pm kick off for me after this home game but let’s see how it goes.

Signings today?

Edited by bazka6

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

What did she say?

It was just some half wit journalist (using the term loosely) asking about the old firm game again and how people were being "denied" seeing their team etc and She said that she also missed seeing her team which were Ayr United and that her Dad was also on at her as he was missing going to Somerset as well.

8 minutes ago, mikedafc said:

How are Ayr fans liking the different way the club is filming it's highlights with them switching between their different cameras

said on the cup thread I thought it was jarring, thought they had accidentally edited in different half action at first.  Not a fan of how it's been done.

6 hours ago, honestly united said:

though im hoping hoping we still get Wuffsters excellent highlights?

Free highlights will continue.

6 hours ago, FergR said:

Is wuffster doing the production?

I'm only doing highlights, not involved in the streaming.

42 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Think it's fine for replays but when the view cuts midway through a passage of play it's a bit meh.

Fair comment. "Crossing the line" when switching between cameras can be a bit jarring. I quite like switching on action though and not just using the 2nd camera for replays... I'll try a couple of different spots tomorrow. All feedback appreciated!