The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don't know if anyone has heard anything about this but I believe that there's been multiple broadband and wifi issues across various providers over the past few days. I had a few issues myself with my own virgin superfast over the weekend where it was dropping in and out and making it almost impossible to stream 4k content. However mine is now working fine.

That being said, our work has informed us that there's a "major incident" been raised as we have nearly 100 of our colleagues who are working from home experiencing "connection issues" over the past couple of days (and again via various providers).

Just wondering if that could have been an issue for some ??

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Don't know if anyone has heard anything about this but I believe that there's been multiple broadband and wifi issues across various providers over the past few days. I had a few issues myself with my own virgin superfast over the weekend where it was dropping in and out and making it almost impossible to stream 4k content. However mine is now working fine.

That being said, our work has informed us that there's a "major incident" been raised as we have nearly 100 of our colleagues who are working from home experiencing "connection issues" over the past couple of days (and again via various providers).

Just wondering if that could have been an issue for some ??

Possibly, but I don't think so. I haven't problems with any other sites, streaming etc. After our game had finished I watched the penalty shootout from the FA Cup qualifier on the BBC Sport website. It worked perfectly.

Edited by RedEd

4 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Possibly, but I don't think so. I haven't problems with any other sites, streaming etc. After our game had finished I watched the penalty shootout from the FA Cup qualifier on the BBC Sport website. It worked perfectly.

You're probably right but just in case.

Good to see everyone’s point of view on the stream , listening to Calum last night he said if any issues to email AU Media , I believe he is still looking for people to mail him their issues to allow them rectifying all the issues , I know most people aired their views on various other social media sites , would be good if they could take the same time to email AU Media the issue also 

This is a really petty complaint but I’ve never liked when a new player joins the club and becomes captain straight away. I always think it should be left to someone more established *

*not a dig at Baird at all, just my overall feeling 

I think it depends. With Bell and Adams having left we don’t really have any established players that you’d say were ideal candidates for the armband.

I had actually thought Muirhead might’ve got it but he’s maybe not the calm and composed head in the dressing room that is sometimes needed. If Baird has shown leadership qualities then fair enough but I agree it’s a bit out of the norm giving it to a player that’s only in the door 5 minutes.

I think it depends. With Bell and Adams having left we don’t really have any established players that you’d say were ideal candidates for the armband.

I had actually thought Muirhead might’ve got it but he’s maybe not the calm and composed head in the dressing room that is sometimes needed. If Baird has shown leadership qualities then fair enough but I agree it’s a bit out of the norm giving it to a player that’s only in the door 5 minutes.
Aero is the last player I would give it to.

12 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Gonna go through the thread tomorrow and edit this post with issues folk have had, can you quote this and say what device you were using and I'll fire it off to AU Media, it's one thing sounding off on here and social media and another trying to help pinpoint the problem. I've got a summary of what I've seen so far. 

Android:- the video was intermittent at best, rarely going for a full minute. 

Apple:- seems to have worked fine with only some small issues. Any others?

Windows:- My pal was watching from Windows and said they had very few issues. Any others?

Casting:- The cast button on the video player just brought a loading bar to my television (Chromecast), if I tried to cast through a third party app there was sound but a black screen/no video.  I could mirrorshare to the Chromecast via Google Home. Any others?

Cameras:- The additional cameras were a good addition, but we're cut off from the player taking corners, the main camera in the usual position was good but was occasionally very pixelated. 

Commentary:- The commentary seemed to have an initial issue for all then came on and stated on, I think on all devices it was fine throughout (even Android where when the video was lagging the commentary continued). 

Half time section: enjoyable, more of this. 

Login process: easy to do and the matchday reminder was a nice touch. 

Watched on laptop

Firefox :- on the whole fine, a couple of blurry moments in second haf but no problems other than that.

55 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Good to see everyone’s point of view on the stream , listening to Calum last night he said if any issues to email AU Media , I believe he is still looking for people to mail him their issues to allow them rectifying all the issues , I know most people aired their views on various other social media sites , would be good if they could take the same time to email AU Media the issue also 

That's why I'm collating a big hing.  Folk tend to not say what device they were using etc so trying to get ahead of that.  I've let them know and they said Pixellot was interfering and they'll be testing all week, offered to log in at home to say what I see. 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:
4 hours ago, Robbo63 said:
It’s the most depressing, argumentative and negative site I had ever seen and deleted it after the abuse the majority of the people gave club and Kerr on his appointment, sorry for the decent people on it but it has a large majority of keyboard warriors 

Remember one time one of them came on here and started calling us keyboard warriors for some reason. Can't remember what it was about but was pretty funny.

Think that was the Bellrock fella!

13 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Gonna go through the thread tomorrow and edit this post with issues folk have had, can you quote this and say what device you were using and I'll fire it off to AU Media, it's one thing sounding off on here and social media and another trying to help pinpoint the problem. I've got a summary of what I've seen so far. 

Windows:- My pal was watching from Windows and said they had very few issues. Any others?

Casting:- The cast button on the video player just brought a loading bar to my television (Chromecast), if I tried to cast through a third party app there was sound but a black screen/no video.  I could mirrorshare to the Chromecast via Google Home. Any others?

Cameras:- The additional cameras were a good addition, but we're cut off from the player taking corners, the main camera in the usual position was good but was occasionally very pixelated. 

Commentary:- The commentary seemed to have an initial issue for all then came on and stated on, I think on all devices it was fine throughout (even Android where when the video was lagging the commentary continued). 

Windows for me using Chrome as the browser. It was freezing up every 20-30 seconds, much worse when the commentators were more animated. Think your right about the commentary for all as it was fine after about 5 minutes. Not sure how good it would look but would running at 720P work as an interim fix? This is beyond me tech wise but an option to lower the broadcast resolution from a user perspective might be helpful if there are no clear fixes? 

Half time was a nice touch quite enjoyed hearing from Jamie about his experience as a player. Would like more of this, even if players aren't available someone football related like a coach or manager would be interesting as well. If we have any players laid up with injury maybe having them talk at half time as well would be good to hear their perspective on how the game is going etc. 

Outside of the freezing up there were more green shoots than not. Ditto the part about the camera angle at corners being focused on the box rather than the ball. Felt in the first half we missed a fair bit of action down at the SRE / Main stand corner as the ball keep being punted back out off shot. Other than that the camera work was fine and I'd happily watch it every other week. 

14 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Windows, stream froze for a few seconds at least once a minute but the commentary continued most of the time. 

Cameras were ok, despite not appearing to be HD and HD was selected, the change between the different cameras was obvious but not distracting 

Commentary was fine

Half time, good

Log-in I think folk were a wee bit nervy after the Albion Rovers game and there was a bit of a panic that things were not working, or folk had done something wrong, like the paperless tickets, I think folk will get used to it. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought Muirhead would have been the obvious choice for Kerr. We could have went a bit left field and gave it to Moff, but I prefer a captain to be a bit further back than upfront. Either way as long as we keep winning the captain is doing a pretty good job 😂