The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

30 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Just thinking, with the game being a cup tie tonight, will the streaming money be split like the gate receipts would? 

Yes. The clubs all agreed that after expenses, the take would be split 50/50.

Never a penalty for me on an initial look. Fouls him outside the box first but then there's next to no contact at all when the guy goes down looking for it. Still not sure how that guy got so free for their second.

All of the Ayr goals were great and always a bonus for a new striker to start scoring immediately.

Pretty satisfactory overall.

45 minutes ago, Iain said:

Never a penalty for me on an initial look. Fouls him outside the box first but then there's next to no contact at all when the guy goes down looking for it. Still not sure how that guy got so free for their second.

All of the Ayr goals were great and always a bonus for a new striker to start scoring immediately.

I thought it was soft too! He was a bit clumsy though

I still think it’s a penalty, looks to me that Roscoe tripped him in the box. He actually fouled outside the box at first but he still managed to get up and continue his run. Poor from Roscoe. The second goal, three defenders allowed the guy to get beyond them and the goalkeeper should’ve done a bit better. Overall though a very professional performance especially going forward.

41 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Chalmers in particular technically excellent. 

Improvement required on free kicks from the edge of the box though. 

Don't think last nights effort has landed yet. 😉

Different types of goals from us which was good to see with some neat, sharp interplay through midfield at times and some direct play thrown in as well. We looked fit, strong and had a good tempo to our play. 

Its a start, highly encouraged by what we saw. Undoubtedly improvements required without the ball, some players to come back, some new additions perhaps but for a first competitive game in over 6 months, the potential's clearly there in this squad to hopefully have a decent season. 

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Yes. The clubs all agreed that after expenses, the take would be split 50/50.

The clubs didn't "agree" anything. It's the same rule it always was with streaming receipts counting as gate receipts. Home club keeps the first 15% to account for expenses and 42.5% goes to each club thereafter.

From the hihglights McCowan looked he is back to the sort of form he had at the start of last season which was good to see, as he had gone of the boil about half way through last season, so that was really pleasing, and as has been said some of the interplay was superb.

Downsides were we seemed to give them too much space in attack, and sat off letting them come on to us, although most were from long range there were far too many shots from rovers which against better teams would have been taken or caused us more problems.

Overall a good start, and hopefully we see another good performance against Hamilton as a decent cup run could be vital for the coffers this year.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Improvement required on free kicks from the edge of the box though. 

Don't think last nights effort has landed yet. 😉

To be fair a great free kick against Thistle, so if every 2nd free kick score, I would be happy with that 😀

Osman Sow signed for Dundee so we've dodged that bullet, didn't realise Anderson was so short btw, could still do with a tall striker, unless Mckenzie is ready to step in.

Also going to be interesting with formation, gone with 4/2/3/1 in friendlies however last night seem to change to 2 up top with Moffat playing off Anderson just like he used to do with Shankland. By all accounts it worked wonders too. If Walsh is going to be out for a couple of weeks I can see us going with the 4/4/2 with McCowan and Zanatta on the wings and Moff and Anderson up front.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The clubs didn't "agree" anything. It's the same rule it always was with streaming receipts counting as gate receipts. Home club keeps the first 15% to account for expenses and 42.5% goes to each club thereafter.

I thought the stream receipts was decided after this whole shutdown thing occurred, I stand corrected, thanks.