The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Playing with Zanatta is like playing with 10 men whenever the game isnt going exactly his way so McCowan might have to learn to do just that.

Anyway, despite that, hope you lot have a good season. What's the expectations this time around? Challenging for play-offs?

Yeah without a doubt. I think Dunfermline and Dundee will be 2nd and 3rd and it will be between ourselves and ICT for 4th.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’d like to see McKenzie get a start and have Anderson in the bench. Good chance to get him opening his Ayr account and a bit of confidence in him. 

To be honest I would rather Anderson got more game time with the three on behind to start building up their understanding. Sure McKenzie will get some game time though. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

To be honest I would rather Anderson got more game time with the three on behind to start building up their understanding. Sure McKenzie will get some game time though. 

Pipe doon. Moffat is starting tomorrow, he needs to get to 100 goals. Come on the Moff!

14 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

McCowan's good, but he's not quite good enough to play on both wings.

Long day , Zanatta on the left .

I see local boy Ness has been released by Dundee . Should we be interested ?

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’d like to see McKenzie get a start and have Anderson in the bench. Good chance to get him opening his Ayr account and a bit of confidence in him. 

Ye, ideal opportunity to get McKenzie some game time other than as a sub. He's decent imv and this could be his breakthrough season. And Anderson could be on the bench and without too much early expectation on him. Makes sense to me

12 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Welcome To Ayr, Bruce....

Nice to see you, to see you... 

I am wasted on this 😂

Well, if you play your cards right .....................

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ness has a few fitness issues but I’d still take him tbh. Think he’ll be looking for a better offer that is tbh and I’d also think any remaining players we bring in will be loans.

It was a by mutual consent job so he has a club lined up I’m guessing . We may have drained the tank however and loans might be our only remaining options . 

This is our best side when everyone is fit (Moore excluded imo).

Viljami Sinisalo

Jordan Houston

Aaron Muirhead

Jack Baird 

Patrick Reading 

Andy Murdoch 

Joe Chalmers 

Dario Zantta

Luke McCowan

Tom Walsh

Bruce Anderson 

Subs: Hare-Reid, Hewitt, Roscoe, Miller, Kerr, McKenzie, Moffat 

17 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This is our best side when everyone is fit (Moore excluded imo).

Viljami Sinisalo

Jordan Houston

Aaron Muirhead

Jack Baird 

Patrick Reading 

Andy Murdoch 

Joe Chalmers 

Dario Zantta

Luke McCowan

Tom Walsh

Bruce Anderson 

Subs: Hare-Reid, Hewitt, Roscoe, Miller, Kerr, McKenzie, Moffat 

Yup - think our best side picks itself very easily. 

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yup - think our best side picks itself very easily. 

Yeah looking at that bench there really isn’t anyone that can come on and play in either of the 3 positions behind the striker hence why I think that is a priority as well as another striker. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

46 minutes ago, North British said:

It was a by mutual consent job so he has a club lined up I’m guessing . We may have drained the tank however and loans might be our only remaining options . 

Was there not a rumour over the last few days about an "imminent" signing of local lad ?

Ness would be a massive gamble in the current climate. He'll command a relatively high wage and to say he's had a few injury problems is underplaying the situation by quite a bit.