The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

They are hardly going to say that they can’t stand the sports minister when he is key to getting funding and getting fans back. I suggest they came on radio to put pressure on him prior to their meeting on Monday.
I am sure they are asking for cash support and some fans back in.
I also believe that this government are very aware of public pressure and they will eventually need to give in, if we as fans keep putting pressure on them.

They blamed the government and made statements that aren't true so that ship has sailed. 

They didn't say they were asking for cash support, they offered very little constructively, the fact that the current sponsor of the leagues announced over a year ago  they would not renew for this season and we don't have a new one suggests that it probably hasn't occurred to Doncaster to ask. 

Clubs have said that reduced crowds would be more harmful, a point that evaded McCann and Miller on Radio Scotland. I am sure the Alloa chairman did not speak on behalf of other clubs. After he spoke about the damage to clubs this was doing, Richard Gordon asked him to spell out the danger that Alloa were in over this season, he said none, they are not in danger. 

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

Wow, Neil Doncaster and Mike Mulroney on sportsound saying decision to stop crowds getting into grounds is a political not clinical choice.  Perhaps an indicator that they have nothing left to lose by ramping up the political pressure given the disaster our game is facing.  Delighted to finally hear some common sense on the issue.  About time our game stood up for itself.

I’d say Doncaster standing up and actually voicing a concern is a few months too late. Whilst I don’t think the decision is political, I do believe the government is in no rush to open up stadiums as they make no money from sports, whereas they make plenty from pubs being open. I’ve said for ages now that having fans social distanced and wearing face masks OUTSIDE is a lot safer than sitting in a restaurant back to back with a stranger for a few hours, or sitting in a plane enclosed with 100 other folk. 

53 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Hopefully its what they are using for Tuesday. I'd like to give it a go. Although if we are streaming it as well I'd rather Ayr got my money tbh.

We shouldn't be streaming AFAIK, that might just be audio commentary so I would keep my money for now :lol:

I’d say Doncaster standing up and actually voicing a concern is a few months too late. Whilst I don’t think the decision is political, I do believe the government is in no rush to open up stadiums as they make no money from sports, whereas they make plenty from pubs being open. I’ve said for ages now that having fans social distanced and wearing face masks OUTSIDE is a lot safer than sitting in a restaurant back to back with a stranger for a few hours, or sitting in a plane enclosed with 100 other folk. 

It obviously is a political decision as the government have made the call that football should not open but other entertainment venues can. The science that we look at is the same science that is shown to Governments around Europe and most have decided that grounds with a limit amount of fans can open but our Government has decided not. Hence a political not clinical decision.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

It obviously is a political decision as the government have made the call that football should not open but other entertainment venues can. The science that we look at is the same science that is shown to Governments around Europe and most have decided that grounds with a limit amount of fans can open but our Government has decided not. Hence a political not clinical decision.

It can be both a political and clinical decision it's not one or the other. 

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I agree about governments around Europe having the right idea and opening stadiums to some fans. Would the Scottishness Government be as reckless to piss off ALL football fans in the lead up to an election? I’m not so sure  

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:
6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Dortmund today. 11,500 fans there. Where the fck did we go wrong? Aside from both WM and the SG acting so incompetently 
AACDD27C-718F-4BB1-A550-72788DA80189.thumb.jpeg.75c54537e8aec92069daea8ade1c98c2.jpeg

Sorry if I'm being stupid but who's WM?

Westminster 

3 hours ago, HMIP said:

You got some problem with that?  We shouldn’t be having this debate?  Our national game is being driven into a ditch and the 2 organisations that run our game have just gone on national radio and stated it is a political rather than clinical choice.  If that’s not worth discussing, then I don’t know what is.  

In what way is it political ? and WHY would any Government rule on something which will prove unpopular without good reason ?

The reality is that small amounts of fans were being trialled in various European countries over the past few weeks / months, however the situation has now changed and with a vast escalation of the virus in recent days these trials in other countries such as the Netherlands have now been shelved / stopped due to the increased covid risk.

Why is that so difficult to understand and why does that make the decision of the Scottish Gov any different from our peers ??

Sitting watching Connacht v Glasgow Warriors live from Galloway . In a ground about the size of The Dam Park and they have several hundred fans in ..... But yes Nippy knows best . 🤪

Any credibility you had (next to nothing) disintegrated due to the Nippy patter.

A real shame.

11 minutes ago, North British said:

Sitting watching Connacht v Glasgow Warriors live from Galloway . In a ground about the size of The Dam Park and they have several hundred fans in ..... But yes Nippy knows best . 🤪

Class onionism bro

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Dortmund today. 11,500 fans there. Where the fck did we go wrong? Aside from both WM and the SG acting so incompetently 

AACDD27C-718F-4BB1-A550-72788DA80189.jpeg

Yes, had we kept our virus rates as low as the Germans then Yes, we'd probably have fans in as planned as well.

Maybe it's the half witted minority in our population we should be blaming for their illegal parties and flagrant disregard for the rules as opposed to our policy makers ??