The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

He's certainly not setting the heather alight.

Yeah he's just ambling about the pitch a lot of the time, to be fair to him though he may have literally just arrived today from wherever and flung straight into this game which will be pretty alien to him. Wonder if we've got another friendly on Saturday we can use him in because you're not allowed to play trialists in the Betfred as far as i know.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Yeah he's just ambling about the pitch a lot of the time, to be fair to him though he may have literally just arrived today from wherever and flung straight into this game which will be pretty alien to him. Wonder if we've got another friendly on Saturday we can use him in because you're not allowed to play trialists in the Betfred as far as i know.

Yes, it would be pretty unfair to write him off at this stage but he did seem to lack a bit of belief, strength and energy and McKenzie looked far superior in his cameo appearance. Still, we should give him another chance to see what he has to offer.

Looks like it’s a back three this season,lost count of the chances thistle had so we’ll need a lot of work on that system.

not at the races last fifteen and fortunate to hold them

trialist missed a sitter then gave the ball away 5/6 times straight after not holding the ball to let us get up the park only so so for me

Moffat done well kept the ball missed him when he went off

Docherty looked good for them as did Oware, Brannigan, and the boy Murray

overall a good workout but lot of work to do

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

Looks like it’s a back three this season,lost count of the chances thistle had so we’ll need a lot of work on that system.

trialist missed a sitter then gave the ball away 5/6 times straight after not holding the ball to let us get up the park only so so for me

You watching the same game?

It was 4/2/3/1 and the first half we were brilliant with the pall passing it about and getting into good positions.

Yes the defence still looks a bit iffy at time especially without Houston just now but would say we're not far off 100%. 

2 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I literally have no idea how it looks like a back three this season! 

last 15 was the kids also. 

28 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Only arrived late last night , need to see what he’s like after done training and meeting the players 

Is he at another club training before a potential loan? 

26 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Only arrived late last night , need to see what he’s like after done training and meeting the player

Looked about 6ft 2in and pretty mobile with some good touches . But it’ll take him some time to understand how we play . It’s pretty hard going up to alone .

I was impressed with Reading , proper hard wee left full back . The polar opposite of big Danny Harvie who was more a rampaging wing back.  Also Baird seemed to go well and seemed to have big Graham in his pocket , hence Graham moved over to our left for his goal . The midfield three were average . As was the anchors . Lots to do , surely got enough for Albion Rovers though !

Thought we looked decent enough first half. A bit unbalanced which meant most of the attacks coming down the left hand side. Some good passing play between the front 4. Really like the look of Reading and Chalmers. That 2 free kicks he’s scored now? Roscoe looked a bit shaky. Think Bell and Baird will be the best CB combination with Houston and Reading at full backs. Keeper made a few decent saves, one from a Roscoe f**k up that allowed Graham in. Seems good with the ball at his feet and I think he commands his box better than Doohan. 

Another welcome 90 mins and a lot of positives, but still work to be done. 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Only arrived late last night , need to see what he’s like after done training and meeting the players 

Yes, definitely need to give the boy a fair chance.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve no idea tbh. If I had to guess I’d say no as I always thought Mebude was pretty diminutive but this guy looks a bit bigger.

I think it's the guy we had on trial v Raith. He's got the same funny sticky oot hairstyle. We had two forwards on trial in that game and we signed the other one.

I think it's the guy we had on trial v Raith. He's got the same funny sticky oot hairstyle. We had two forwards on trial in that game and we signed the other one.

Did he play against us last week?

Miller maybe recommended him to Kerr.