The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Walsh did really well for the first goal and a tidy finish by Luke. That shot/cross from Hewitt was majestic. Even good to see the gaffer getting a run out towards the end.

Note to FalkirkTV - I dont like the double replay of goals and chances in those highlights. One replay is sufficient unless you have different angles. 

Walsh was no involved on the first goal that was Zanatta's run and shot

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Paton has played in all our friendlies so I guess we are genuinely interested in him rather than Kerr just doing an old team mate a favour. 

Maybe, he doesn't fit the bill of 'two strikers and attacking midfielder 'though. 

It's possible he's just there as a body given what Kerr was saying about being careful with minutes for everyone.  

In what way is he not an "attacking midfielder"?

He doesn’t really look like he’d be as useful being a backup for any of the supporting 3 given he’s lost his pace a bit. He may or may not sign with us but I’m not sure he’s the right type of player for us.

I think Kerr is more likely to be looking at someone who can play either as a number 10 and out wide or as a number 10 and as a deeper central Midfielder.

I have no doubt Paton would be fine coming on for the last 20 minutes of a game we’re trying to see out but I don’t really think we can afford to carry that kind of player in the squad.

I think Kerr is more likely to be looking at someone who can play either as a number 10 and out wide or as a number 10 and as a deeper central Midfielder.

I have no doubt Paton would be fine coming on for the last 20 minutes of a game we’re trying to see out but I don’t really think we can afford to carry that kind of player in the squad.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He doesn’t really look like he’d be as useful being a backup for any of the supporting 3 given he’s lost his pace a bit. He may or may not sign with us but I’m not sure he’s the right type of player for us.

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Michael Paton would be a 4th choice midfielder behind Murdoch, Miller and Chalmers. Although with the lack of pace that he's got, he sounds like another Gillespie in the making.  

Let's be clear, Paton has lost a bit of pace without doubt but he's not particularly slow. When he was with us the first time in 2013 he was probably the quickest player at the club. He's nowhere near that now but the idea he's 'Mark Kerr' slow is flawed. He still has some pace.

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He has solely played as a holding midfielder for us so far as one of the two in a 4231. 

Has he? Whilst he played centrally for us last season, it certainly wasn't in any "holding" capacity. He was the attacking central player trying to make passes. Pretty much where Rhys McCabe is sitting for us now actually.

Paton will probably sign and he’ll cover Walsh’s position primarily , in turn this allows Walsh to cover both DZ and LMcC . Of the two strikers one has to be a Drinan sized centre forward . The other is more puzzling . Kerr said a second striker will allow us the option to play two up front , So he could be a no 10 or more lightly a CF to cover the first striker and occasionally partner him . Kerr likes multi tasking . 

1 hour ago, North British said:

Paton will probably sign and he’ll cover Walsh’s position primarily , in turn this allows Walsh to cover both DZ and LMcC . Of the two strikers one has to be a Drinan sized centre forward . The other is more puzzling . Kerr said a second striker will allow us the option to play two up front , So he could be a no 10 or more lightly a CF to cover the first striker and occasionally partner him . Kerr likes multi tasking . 

Likely! The word is likely not lightly! 

Edited by ryanayr1987
Grammar police 🚨

Anyone else beginning to wonder why nothing has been mentioned about match live streaming when the season literally starts in two weeks, would have thought they would have run a trial service in a friendly but doesn't look it.

Then AU Media suggesting they're doing their own live stream which I presume could be separate to the one the season ticket holders will get with the stream service the comic guy at Albion Rovers is paying for.

Just basically don't know what's happening and think the information about it from the club has been very poor (non existent) so far. Other clubs have put out all the details about how to it'll work etc

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Anyone else beginning to wonder why nothing has been mentioned about match live streaming when the season literally starts in two weeks, would have thought they would have run a trial service in a friendly but doesn't look it.

Then AU Media suggesting they're doing their own live stream which I presume could be separate to the one the season ticket holders will get with the stream service the comic guy at Albion Rovers is paying for.

Just basically don't know what's happening and think the information about it from the club has been very poor (non existent) so far. Other clubs have put out all the details about how to it'll work etc

The club have previously announced that streaming will be available to all season ticket holders. 

I suspect PPV will also be available but club quite rightly holding off announcing this to drive season ticket sales. 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Have they? Very few clubs have said much as far as I can see as it's all ongoing and they hope to ideally announce some sort of joint policy / arrangement I think.

Your season ticket holders will absolutely NOT get a different stream from your PPV customers. And it will either be AU Media or Pixellot. It won't be both (it will be AU media I'd be nearly certain).

I'd expect more details this week but the Premiership clubs didn't get any info out until the week it started.