The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Listening to sport sound and it’s great when Shankland was here it was aye he’s not bad not sure he can go farther, now it’s what a player Scotland etc, shower of hypocrites.

M can saying he tried to buy him for Dundee but couldn’t agree a fee, and Levein asking why it took him so long to flourish, and that’s why the idiot is no longer a manager hasn’t a clue how to spot a player as he was at Somerset in the flesh a few times sitting along from me in the stand.

38 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You can change the quality to HD on the video.  

Thats a good shout. I never checked the quality.

18 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

and Levein asking why it took him so long to flourish, and that’s why the idiot is no longer a manager hasn’t a clue how to spot a player as he was at Somerset in the flesh a few times sitting along from me in the stand.

Levein is an imposter. He's been found out for the inept manager he always was. I'm bemused that he keeps getting a gig on BBC Sport Scotland. The BBC had to apologise to Morton because of the unsubstantiated crap he was spouting.  He's an ego maniac who isnt even 10% as good as he thinks he is.

Penalty was a penalty. Wrong side of the man before the free-kick was taken and just shoved him underneath the ball as he went to head it. Good refereeing as he spots it early and just watches it unfold. Really poor defending.
How they got away with the shove in the back at the 2nd goal, I'll never know. Shoulder to shoulder is fine, but that was clearly in the back. Assistant referee was only a few yards away so should have called it.
First half must have been a thriller if all they could show was a very good save from the free kick.

Based on those highlights ( the second goal oh dear) and I know it’s early doors but we look like a team of players  Thrown together who don’t really look organised, plenty of work to do for the manager.

On the keeper yes he flaps at the corner but plenty of time to assess him but certainly  not on that.

2 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Based on those highlights ( the second goal oh dear) and I know it’s early doors but we look like a team of players  Thrown together who don’t really look organised, plenty of work to do for the manager.

On the keeper yes he flaps at the corner but plenty of time to assess him but certainly  not on that.

I think we made wholesale changes before the second goal so not really relevant to be fair! Also still a few players short of our strongest side.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Thats a good shout. I never checked the quality.

Levein is an imposter. He's been found out for the inept manager he always was. I'm bemused that he keeps getting a gig on BBC Sport Scotland. The BBC had to apologise to Morton because of the unsubstantiated crap he was spouting.  He's an ego maniac who isnt even 10% as good as he thinks he is.

Tbf, 10% would make him decent. 

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

the Ayr player that got  budged off the ball in the corner was obviously a youth player as he didn't have a number on his back

6 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I take it this is the trailist that Kerr brought on at half time...

Screenshot_20200927-092133_YouTube.jpg

Just watching highlights just now, the trialist was Paton, he is the player wearing number 2 second half, next to the player with the ball in my screenshot. 

Screenshot_2020-09-27-15-35-45-555_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Edited by itzdrk

We seem to be trying out Paton as a central midfielder, haven't seen him come up against us in that position (was always wide out right) so guess we have no idea what to expect from him. 

If he signs. 

Edited by itzdrk

51 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We seem to be trying out Paton as a central midfielder, haven't seen him come up against us in that position (was always wide out right) so guess we have no idea what to expect from him. 

If he signs. 

I expect it's already a done deal for him to sign.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

If he signs. 

I don't think Paton played anywhere EXCEPT central midfield for us last season to be honest. He doesn't have the legs for a wide role now, certainly not as a starter. He does a reasonable job in the middle though.

EDIT - looking at last year's appearances, he missed the first two games with Ayr injured and was a late sub in the 3rd at New Year so you would barely have seen him play there for us certainly.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

If he signs. 

He played CM a few times for us though better there than out wide (wide in the 3) he was still mediocre overall. If he is a squad filler then he is a decent experienced head to have around I suppose. If Top 4 is a real ambition then he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He played CM a few times for us though better there than out wide (wide in the 3) he was still mediocre overall. If he is a squad filler then he is a decent experienced head to have around I suppose. If Top 4 is a real ambition then he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

I dont think he'll be anywhere near the starting 11. Murdoch and Chalmers will be first choice CMs.

6 hours ago, Lochwood said:

That's good, because at this stage of pre season and during these unprecedented times, that's what most teams are. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

As Ayr are still after a couple of Strikers and an Attacking midfielder, would it be a bad idea to Say Adam Frizzell? 

Obviously with him being brought through the K*lmarnock youth 🙄 He is out of contract and let's be honest, we could sign worse players. 

Ive never seen Frizzell, but I think in general we should be looking to loan more of their players going forward. A lot of them might live in Ayrshire and like it or not, they should have a higher standard of squad players than us. 

Kiltie last year at Dunfermline, a prime example. Also Greg Taylor's younger brother, central midfielder Ally, will be looking for regular senior minutes soon. 

He's a very decent player. 

Edited by BukyOHare