The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So Kerr looking to add potentially two strikers to the squad and an attacking midfielder.

Also says he’ll be available to play this season but he’ll be used as a last resort.

3 more players to come in by the sounds of it. 

No mention of Houston or Moore. Surprised Calum never asked about it. Not sure why Kerr said we currently only have a squad of 14 when we have a squad of 18. Hopefully nothing sinister going on. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

No mention of Houston or Moore. Surprised Calum never asked about it. Not sure why Kerr said we currently only have a squad of 14 when we have a squad of 18. Hopefully nothing sinister going on. 

If you discount Kerr, the two injured boys and the young players then we’ve got 14.

I reckon once we are done with the signings some of the younger lads will go out on loan.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So Kerr looking to add potentially two strikers to the squad and an attacking midfielder.

Also says he’ll be available to play this season but he’ll be used as a last resort.

That’s good news about the strikers. Would be relying on 1-0 wins if we went only  with the current options 

24 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Au media tweets during the game said Houston came on as sub in the second half but the official account didn't mention it

24 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Anyone any idea when the transfer window closes?

More than confident all players Kerr has spoken  to their clubs about should be here ready to play in Betfred Cup , definitely 2 and 3rd one might miss one or two at the most 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:
23 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Anyone any idea when the transfer window closes?

5th October this year.

Wow, that's one day before our first game of the season. Would be a big achievement to sign 3 players in that space of time. 

9 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Wow, that's one day before our first game of the season. Would be a big achievement to sign 3 players in that space of time. 

Why?   Morton signed four yesterday.   From what Kerr says (and has done so far) it's not as if he is just starting to look for random targets   

24 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Why?   Morton signed four yesterday.   From what Kerr says (and has done so far) it's not as if he is just starting to look for random targets   

Yeah, I guess so. I'm sure Morton's signing's never came all out once without preparation and I'm sure Kerr has targets in mind.  

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

After Kerr mentioning that we ended up o under 19's or something today i had a look at the squad - excluding Kerr,  as far as I can see Craig Moore is our 4th oldest player which I have to say shocks me somehow haha

That’s scary then. Only 4 players are older than me. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s scary then. Only 4 players are older than me. 

Moffat was the year below me at school so I somehow in my head have him down as being around 30 and Stevie Bell as being really old.  Heartbreaking to see both those old lads a sprightly 35.