The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Anyone else seen the rant post someone who literally just joined the SRE has posted saying Mark Kerr is fucking shit and bring back McCall.

Comments are absolute belters offering folk square go's, comedy gold.

Please screenshot this, sounds like fitba patter gold 

11 hours ago, rb123! said:

Anyone else seen the rant post someone who literally just joined the SRE has posted saying Mark Kerr is fucking shit and bring back McCall.

Comments are absolute belters offering folk square go's, comedy gold.

Just some gimp sealioning, wouldn't waste my time entering a bad faith debate with anyone on there never mind a troll account. 

Screenshot_2020-09-25-10-00-04-630_com.facebook.katana.jpg

What a joke.  I see 20,000 fans are to be allowed into the German GP next week.  Pretty sure fans are back in Dutch football as well.  Our government is completely losing the plot.  I hope there are serious political consequences for Sturgeon if we start to lose clubs.

32 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I don’t get why this is coming as a shock to clubs? There was always a good chance that fans wouldn’t be in the stadium this season.

i know a few weeks back things we’re looking a lot rosier than now but there was always the risk of a 2nd wave.

All clubs should of budgeted for this season with the worst case scenario of no fans being allowed in. Anything else was a bonus.

My main fear is the season doesn’t start at all and the premiership is curtailed. 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I don’t get why this is coming as a shock to clubs? There was always a good chance that fans wouldn’t be in the stadium this season.

i know a few weeks back things we’re looking a lot rosier than now but there was always the risk of a 2nd wave.

All clubs should of budgeted for this season with the worst case scenario of no fans being allowed in. Anything else was a bonus.

My main fear is the season doesn’t start at all and the premiership is curtailed. 

I don’t believe for one second that the lower league clubs decided to restart in October without some steer from the Scottish Government that fans would be allowed back by then albeit in s limited way.  Since few clubs at our level can survive a full season with no gate money, I also don’t believe there would have been agreement to restart If clubs were genuinely led to believe there was a “good chance” there would be no fans all season.  Since clubs like our own have already confirmed that there is no business model that allows us to operate behind closed door for any length of time, I fail to see how this mystical thing called “budgeting” can resolve the problem.

Our national game is going to be destroyed in order to mitigate a tiny risk of outdoor transmission, a risk that is certainly no worse than siting on a plane, train or pub.

I think every effort should be made to give people a reason to get outdoors this Winter. Its proven to be good for their health.  Folk are going to crack up if they're holed up indoors for the next six months.

Its going to be especially infuriating to see crowds return in other countries.

2 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I think every effort should be made to give people a reason to get outdoors this Winter. Its proven to be good for their health.  Folk are going to crack up if they're holed up indoors for the next six months.

Its going to be especially infuriating to see crowds return in other countries.

Football fans are a huge constituency in this country and their loyalty to their clubs is fearsome.  About time the SFA pointed that out to the Scottish Government.

Nobody has yet said that the season will be completely locked out, papers are just speculating and putting 2+2 together to get 40. Lachlan has pointed out a few times in Q&As that he budgets based on worst case scenario. If we have a good cup run the money made there is then added in to the budget. The talk after the initial shutdown was of no fans back until January. We've a long way to go yet, new drugs are being developed to initially help fight the virus before a vaccine is ready. 
We all knew the 2nd wave would come in the winter, no secret has been made of it.

I'm fully confident we'll be here in July next year wondering who Kerr is lining up to sign for season 21/22 and Robbo will be getting asked daily when the next announcement is.  

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Anyone else get the feeling that goalie from Aston villa isn't going to be signed. If he's been up since last Tuesday I'm pretty sure he'd have signed by now

What's the rush taking on a new wage?  Guy can hang about until signed if Aston Villa are happy to do do.