The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Coventry are higher up the league than Forrest and they got Rose for a fraction of that

With McKenna going for £3 million plus add ons . Coventry can expect similar bids in the Christmas window for Rosey ! 

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

That's 5 players in that squad who've been involved with us the last couple of years.

Not bad for plucky wee Ayr United

Let’s make it six , get McLennan down the road , run of 30 games with us would do both of us the world of good ...

I just remember the horrendous wind didn’t help and they launched long ball after long ball in behind us all second half. It’s a shame because we absolutely battered them in the first half and I think Smith had a chance right at the end to make it 4-3 but he fluffed it.
An away draw with dunfermline was also a bit of a turning point, just after Christmas. Shankland had a big chance with 5 to go and if we'd won that we'd have got some real momentum back, just after a bit of a wobble.

We never really got it going after that.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can see why Rangers have chosen Morton over ourselves. I don’t think he’s an out and out striker so would likely have been competing with Walsh or Zanatta for a place out wide. He’s got a much better chance of game time at Morton.

We have a first team squad of 19. That comprises of 1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders and 15 ((FIFTEEN) that play further forward, none of which are an out and out striker.

The last thing we need thrown into that mix is Josh McPake when there are far bigger deficiencies in the squad.

But Hopkin does love stockpiling midfielders and wingers.

We have a first team squad of 19. That comprises of 1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders and 15 ((FIFTEEN) that play further forward, none of which are an out and out striker.
The last thing we need thrown into that mix is Josh McPake when there are far bigger deficiencies in the squad.
But Hopkin does love stockpiling midfielders and wingers.

You don’t need actual defenders when you can just play Robbie Muirhead as a centre back.

7 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

image001.jpgimage002.jpg

Well done to this fella. His pictures are actually pretty good 😊👍

My wee boy is currently drawing pictures of Rugby Park. Selling them 10p a picture, to try to raise the sum of 50p, to donate to the K*lmarnock football club so they can finally get a bar of soap. (His words, 5 years old 😂

The pictures all look similar to this.... 

IMG_20200923_213026.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man

12 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I'm planning to go to Lancaster City this Saturday, just waiting to see if it goes ahead with fans. They usually sell tickets online and have quite a good video showing how the Covid rules operate within the ground.

I was over there for a game a couple of years back - it's a tidy wee ground with a lovely view. Nice city too.

Hope it goes ahead for you.

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Surely the above is being done gratis by your builder director and completely unrelated to the club's cashflow?

I don't think its ever been confirmed explicity. Is anything done gratis anymore?

I'd imagine the club are still paying for design costs; materials; equipment hire etc. I suspect Ashleigh are providing the labour gratis but the club will be paying for some of the elements.

Also David Smith may even be funding it himself in full. I know he's the biggest shareholder at Ashleigh and MD but I'm sure his holding is less than 50% which may mean Ashleigh wouldn't cover it gratis in the first place. It would depend on the position of their board. I'm not so sure they'd be happy to swallow several hundred thousand of investment for the club especially given they will be facing challenges from covid as well. Admittedly, construction seems to havr bounced back fairly quickly.

Admittedly the above is 'reasoned' conjecture on my part. I don't actually know. However, if its Smith's money or the club are paying then if cashflow is an issue they'll pause the 'vanity' projects (in the sense they are not must do) and reroute the cash to day to day expenditure.

44 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

I was over there for a game a couple of years back - it's a tidy wee ground with a lovely view. Nice city too.

Hope it goes ahead for you.

Just bought a ticket for Saturday. They said that last night's FA Cup game had a "largely favourable" review from the Police but a couple of issues were identified which means the capacity has been reduced further. They won on penalties last night, the bedlam that probably followed might have been the "issue"!