The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m almost certain it will cover home games but not away games just like a normal season ticket would. 

So how's away games gonna work? Cause by all accounts PPV doesn't need to be mandatory for fans to have access to meaning you could be blocked out from seeing us play away at a certain ground. Just waiting for some clubs to offer PPV to away fans at some extortionite price like £20+, something i'd expect from likes of Dundee or Hearts

Edited by rb123!

On 10/09/2020 at 22:43, Skyline Drifter said:

Ok, I will do my best:

Rules - that's an open ended question but....

The base position is that clubs are not normally allowed to live stream within the UK. This is because the SPFL sells the exclusive UK broadcast rights to tv companies. Clubs can, and always have been allowed to, broadcast live streams to customers outside the UK. Some do, including Ayr I think. Some such as us never have as we never saw enough demand to warrant investing in the technology to do it. 

The SPFL have successfully negotiated with Sky and the BBC that while there are crowd restrictions clubs can provide a live stream to season ticket holders in the UK for games that are not broadcast live by Sky or the BBC. There is no guarantee that this will be available all season, its only as long as restrictions exist. However it seems likely it probably will be all or at least the majority of the season. Sky dont cover the Championship so we neednt worry about them. If its on BBC you cant stream it but why would anyone want to watch a stream over tv station coverage? 

It was only on the eve of the Premiership season that it was agreed clubs could also sell individual match streams to home and away fans who are not season ticket holders. Permission has not yet formally been given for Championship clubs to do the same but it seems inevitable it will be. HOWEVER, permission is not the same as mandating it. To my knowledge two clubs in the Premiership (Celtic and Hibs) have chosen not to make it available to individual purchasers as they see it as devaluing the season ticket. 

Selling of streams is entirely a matter for the home club. If they choose not to there is nothing the away club can do, though if there is a stream available to buy, the away club can provide their own commentary using the provided stream but all income from sales goes to the home club.

I will answer the rest of your queries in a separate post. 

On 10/09/2020 at 22:58, Skyline Drifter said:

I think all Championship clubs have already confirmed non child season ticket holders will get free access to home streams but prepared to be corrected if anyone knows differently? 

I dont think any of them are providing a free stream to kids season ticket holders for very obvious reasons but again if anyone knows differently happy to hear it? We certainly are not providing it to Junior Blues.

Its inevitable that the first people allowed in if restricted crowds are allowed will be season ticket holders. What clubs do if they have more season ticket holders than first restricted numbers will be up to them. No point worrying about it till you know how many tickets are sold and what initial restrictions will be. Aberdeen are doing a lottery draw for their 750 this weekend I saw. No idea what County are doing.

Its absolute pie in the sky to expect a co-ordinated approach from Championship clubs to the service. Thats like saying they should all use the same bank! The SPFL has installed the Pixellot system at all Championship grounds (coincidentally) . Clubs are welcome to use it for the footage and to piggy back their streaming service to provide the stream if they wish (at a significant cost) but at least half the clubs, including Ayr, already live stream their own games abroad and have existing relationships with streaming companies they are presumably happy with. They cant seriously be expected to rip up those contracts so they can take part in a single platform, single price structure, group deal. Hearts charge up to £30 for a match ticket, we charge £18. The chances of an agreed single price streaming charge across the league are pretty remote. At the end of the day home clubs keep the money, its up to home clubs how to price it.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Cheers, suppose that means you don't need to watch the 75% of the game which is dire lol

Do championship clubs 100% know what is happening with livestreaming for the start of the season as it's only just under 4 weeks away, 2 weeks tomorrow for us if you count the Betfred Cup. 

Not sure if it's just our club but information to fans seems very thin on the grounds with regards to if season ticket is going to get access to all home and away matches fully livestreamed for sure and if PPV is going to be available on a week to week basis for more casual fans.

Be interesting to know if with closed doors looking like it's going to be the way for a while if BBC Scotland might show more games perhaps? Just a thought

From 10 days ago on this thread.

There is also an excellent summary of how it works on the Raith Fovers website. Best I have read anywhere yet.

Clubs roughly know how it will work but have detail to iron out. Some are further down the road than others obviously.

55 minutes ago, rb123! said:

So how's away games gonna work? Cause by all accounts PPV doesn't need to be mandatory for fans to have access to meaning you could be blocked out from seeing us play away at a certain ground. Just waiting for some clubs to offer PPV to away fans at some extortionite price like £20+, something i'd expect from likes of Dundee or Hearts

I'd expect our PPV to be £20.  

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

This, yes. Its not mandatory and you may well be unable to see your club at certain grounds either because they choose not to make it avsilable or potentially dont have it workkng yet. Or the pricing is prohibitive.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'd expect our PPV to be £20.  

Would say £15 is a better price IMO, £20 would be the same as an adult gate price and that includes the matchday experience instead of watching through a computer screen or phone. 

Just now, rb123! said:

Would say £15 is a better price IMO, £20 would be the same as an adult gate price and that includes the matchday experience instead of watching through a computer screen or phone. 

Folk have bought season tickets mate, their value needs to hold up. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Folk have bought season tickets mate, their value needs to hold up. 

There is a premium on a season ticket as providing first access rights to the ground if restricted entry is allowed. There is a balance to be struck. I suspect most clubs will pitch PPV at a price below match entry, probably not massively below though. £10 - £15 at a guess.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I think in all honesty, those of us who have bought a season already know we may lose out to some extent. I would not be disappointed if the club sold ppv at less than gate price. I knew that was a possibility when I bought a season. Those of us who can afford to support, will continue to do so.  For many others it's not that easy at any time and especially not just now.

I do, however, appreciate that those who buy a ppv ticket, may well not be watching the game "home alone "  ( a new lockdown may alter that of course) so if it was was gate price, I could also appreciate why! I think non- season ticket holders would understand that too.

6 hours ago, mugen_power said:

I'll be buying some PPV for sure this season, as I would any season if it were available...hopefully this opens the gate for it to be permanently available for us expats

Was it not permanently available to you before? It's certainly allowed for ex-pats. I thought Ayr were a club who were streaming abroad already. Perhaps not?

37 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Was it not permanently available to you before? It's certainly allowed for ex-pats. I thought Ayr were a club who were streaming abroad already. Perhaps not?

I think it’s only been live commentary  and match highlights that they have been providing overseas subscribers 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Of course they are. 

If your primary consideration is value, throwing hundreds of pounds at something when you have no idea what you are getting for that money, is the mark of an idiot.

If, as would be the case for many, you considered it more as supporting a club through tough times financially, then you might be less likely to get the calculator out If pav prices are set lower than the average cost per game within the season ticket.

Anyone whose primary consideration was value and bought a season ticket this season is an idiot.
Everyone knew when buying a season ticket this year A it's was less games. B they might not even get to those ganes and C if they were getting streaming as part of the ticket it's not going to be Sky sports quality, hats of to folk that have done it for the love of the club.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

If your primary consideration is value, throwing hundreds of pounds at something when you have no idea what you are getting for that money, is the mark of an idiot.

If, as would be the case for many, you considered it more as supporting a club through tough times financially, then you might be less likely to get the calculator out If pav prices are set lower than the average cost per game within the season ticket.

I bought a season ticket this season simply to 'help out' this is my first adult season ticket.  I knew I was buying a ticket mostly to just watch games on the TV & I end up spending more than buying on the day in doing so then so be it. 

I'm more looking at Livingston and what they are doing and thinking clubs at this level will follow them. 

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I bought a season ticket this season simply to 'help out' this is my first adult season ticket.  I knew I was buying a ticket mostly to just watch games on the TV & I end up spending more than buying on the day in doing so then so be it. 

I'm more looking at Livingston and what they are doing and thinking clubs at this level will follow them. 

Commendable, and thus you aren't in it for the value.

What are Livi doing?

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Commendable, and thus you aren't in it for the value.

What are Livi doing?

Just wanted to clear up I was more think club side than my own. 

Livi are £20 PPV this season which is wildly higher than the others (Celtic aren't doing it and Hibs haven't given their price yet).  I can see clubs in the championship (not all) trying to get some money in this way.