The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

That own goal was hilarious.

It was a good job that he done that in a pre season. 

That OG was an absolute belter. Even though I knew it was coming I couldn't quite believe it.

I'm not convinced by Moffat's skinhead. It took me a wee bit to realise it was the Moff tbh.

Edited by Trogdor

Right, now we've seen the video who are the trialists? I'm struggling tbh.
Highlights (if you can call them that from Stirling Albion tv here):

Aye the outfield player is Michael Paton I think.

No idea who the goalkeeper is but we’ll find out this coming week.

Watched the highlights. Thought we looked good in spells. Walsh looks very good and that was him after months off, that counter attacking run in the first half was a cracker. Can tell we lack something up front and another attacking mid. Add they 2 and a goalie and it’ll all come together nicely. When’s the next friendly? 

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye the outfield player is Michael Paton I think.

You're right enough about the outfield player. I think I had blocked out that Paton was training with us. 🤣

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That own goal is a goal of the season contender. The goalie looks like a young youth prospect. Wonder if he's a permanent signing instead of a loan as he was played as a trialist yesterday

Goalkeeper will be a season long loan I understand , he needs to be classed as a trialist  until his registration is processed 

Edited by Robbo63

I think a more central role will suit McCowan better than playing out wide. He doesn’t seem to mind playing in tight spaces and get the ball in better goal scoring areas.

Walsh looked pretty quick as well albeit up against part timers in their first game in months but I didn’t realise he was as quick as that.

On 17/09/2020 at 12:50, rb123! said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-report-record-first-22687675

This away top looks as if it could make us a serious amount of money

All pre paid  online orders for local pick up available in shop from 1pm Monday , all tops pre ordered by phone or in shop will also be available from this time ( any top ordered in shop or over phone not yet paid for will be held for 7 days only )  , postal orders will be sent out also at start of week

Shop opening hours

Mon, Wed, Thu and Fri. 1-5pm

any queries call 01292-263435 ext 5 ( during the above hours only) 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Reading looked as if he can put a decent cross in, McCowan looked a lot better than he did when he lost confidence last season that what I took from those limited highlights

I agree, he looks a tad more confident. I just wish he didn't ditter about with the ball so much and hit the ball first time. Some great play in the first half, just no strikers edge. Walsh looks a great addition. 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

The highlights weren't the best. The keeper in the first half looks quite young, though we didn't see much tbh. Half time clean sheet. I'm happy if he can make a few good saves and isn't overly terrible. He might not be as good as Doohan, though he can't ever be as bad as John Hillcoat, he is simply the worst keeper I've ever seen at Somerset.

The highlights weren't the best. The keeper in the first half looks quite young, though we didn't see much tbh. Half time clean sheet. I'm happy if he can make a few good saves and isn't overly terrible. He might not be as good as Doohan, though he can't ever be as bad as John Hillcoat, he is simply the worst keeper I've ever seen at Somerset.
Hillcoat brought an amazing cone game with him to be fair. Think he is harshly thought of ahead of the likes of Barry John Corr and Jack Ruddy.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

That own goal is a goal of the season contender. The goalie looks like a young youth prospect. Wonder if he's a permanent signing instead of a loan as he was played as a trialist yesterday

That was Ellis Hare-Reid the own goal went over

18 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:
34 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Hillcoat brought an amazing cone game with him to be fair. Think he is harshly thought of ahead of the likes of Barry John Corr and Jack Ruddy.

Ah, your probably right tbh. Though Ruddy was still young and learning but still never looked the part and John-Corr disappeared when he realised how sh*t he was. Terminated his own contract 😂

Different times though. I hope this new keeper is semi-decent. I've faith in Mark Kerr to bring in someone who isn't bad...... Or Ryan Scully.