The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Friendly away to Partick Thistle on Wednesday 30th September (7:45pm), reckon it's worth a match thread lol

A wee stroll down the canal and a peek at the corner on the cards

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Motherwell fans having a bit of a meltdown about signing a Livingston bench warmer, Robinson also said this which is interesting.

Bringing in Robbie allows us the chance to put boys out on loan, particularly Jamie Semple, Harry Robinson, Ross MacIver and Dean Cornelius.

Ross MacIver is a striker, just saying.....

MacIver scored an excellent goal against Ross County last season, might have been on his debut, stand to be corrected, but could definitely do a job in the Championship for the right team. 

Semple another excellent prospect, a holding / central midfielder. Appreciate we're now covered in there. 

Robinson I think has signed for QOS. 

3 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Fingers crossed it’s not Ryan Scully then🤞

That's who I was told it is - source usually very reliable but wouldn't have fit the youngster on loan from down south criteria that we are expecting so was assuming (hoping)  it might be wrong? 

On 17/09/2020 at 01:19, Roxanne's man said:

The player in the picture, who looks like he is wearing Goalie gloves and tracksuit bottoms as opposed to shorts like everyone else on the pitch, sort of looks to me anyway, similar to the Goalkeeper Ryan Scully. 

I'm not saying it is, as I'm usually wrong with guessing. 🤔 Though he is a Free Agent and would do a turn at this level as he has previously appeared for Dunfermline. 

If I'm being honest, I'm unsure whether Ayr signing him would be too much of a significant downgrade from Doohan.

He was sporting a ruggish looking beard as seen in the picture, whilst playing for Partick. I'm Unsure if Kerr may have played with him during his time there, as Scully was at Partick from 2008 till 2018, going out on loan to Morton and Dunfermline, before joining Dunfermline and being released in May 2020. 

That's my guess anyway 🙄 Wouldn't mind a keeper at this point tbh. Stops my bum squeaking that we might get another loan similar to that of Jack Ruddy 🙄😩😬

IMG_1134.thumb.jpg.3823d93070e29dac2ed14a79625e8d9d.jpg

Ryan-Scully_WEBSITE-600x520.jpg

Not Scully. 

On 17/09/2020 at 05:40, Dunning1874 said:

Scully wasn't on loan at Morton, he was signed permanently but was punted in January due to being abysmally shite, with Dunfermline being stupid enough to take him off our hands.

Another Lee Robinson or Andy Barrowman situation where Dunfermline fans all insisted he was brilliant based on no evidence, before eventually the weight of his terrible performances left them no choice but to accept the reality which fans of every other club he'd played for had been saying all along - Scully is miles away from being good enough for this level.

That said, with almost half the division still looking for first choice goalkeepers it's feasible that some clubs will end up with even worse than Scully.

Lee Robinson, Andy Barrowman and Ryan Scully have all at various points done well for Dunfermline. 

Either way that's not Scully in the photograph. 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Yes , I know who he is , but can’t name him due to confidentiality clause at work 

Oh right 🤔 I won't pester you to find out, as I wouldn't want you in any bother. 

Has the keeper been mentioned on this Thread?

Conor Hazard sounds good.