The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Anyone shit-talking Stevie Bell can square go me first.

59 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Not a chance. He's a hero 

I'm just waiting for the 'hes the only defender who can organise the defense' or 'he can actually pass the ball'. 🤣

Edited by Trogdor

Bell made a few mistakes last season, as every centre half does at this level. 

The revisionism to call him a bombscare is utter nonsense. 

We were in the top half of the league while apparently having two bombscare centre halves starting the majority of the time - quite impressive. 

Edited by No_Problemo

10 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
11 hours ago, D said:

I didn’t even notice that. Either someone from what was the reserve team or someone on trial.

He does not look like one of the young guys would love a out of the box signing like a alain horace

No pressure though.

The player in the picture, who looks like he is wearing Goalie gloves and tracksuit bottoms as opposed to shorts like everyone else on the pitch, sort of looks to me anyway, similar to the Goalkeeper Ryan Scully. 

I'm not saying it is, as I'm usually wrong with guessing. 🤔 Though he is a Free Agent and would do a turn at this level as he has previously appeared for Dunfermline. 

If I'm being honest, I'm unsure whether Ayr signing him would be too much of a significant downgrade from Doohan.

He was sporting a ruggish looking beard as seen in the picture, whilst playing for Partick. I'm Unsure if Kerr may have played with him during his time there, as Scully was at Partick from 2008 till 2018, going out on loan to Morton and Dunfermline, before joining Dunfermline and being released in May 2020. 

That's my guess anyway 🙄 Wouldn't mind a keeper at this point tbh. Stops my bum squeaking that we might get another loan similar to that of Jack Ruddy 🙄😩😬

IMG_1134.thumb.jpg.3823d93070e29dac2ed14a79625e8d9d.jpg

Ryan-Scully_WEBSITE-600x520.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man

4 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

The player in the picture, who looks like he is wearing Goalie gloves and tracksuit bottoms as opposed to shorts like everyone else on the pitch, sort of looks to me anyway, similar to the Goalkeeper Ryan Scully. 

I'm not saying it is, as I'm usually wrong with guessing. 🤔 Though he is a Free Agent and would do a turn at this level as he has previously appeared for Dunfermline. 

If I'm being honest, I'm unsure whether Ayr signing him would be too much of a significant downgrade from Doohan.

He was sporting a ruggish looking beard as seen in the picture, whilst playing for Partick. I'm Unsure if Kerr may have played with him during his time there, as Scully was at Partick from 2008 till 2018, going out on loan to Morton and Dunfermline, before joining Dunfermline and being released in May 2020. 

That's my guess anyway 🙄 Wouldn't mind a keeper at this point tbh. Stops my bum squeaking that we might get another loan similar to that of Jack Ruddy 🙄😩😬

Scully wasn't on loan at Morton, he was signed permanently but was punted in January due to being abysmally shite, with Dunfermline being stupid enough to take him off our hands.

Another Lee Robinson or Andy Barrowman situation where Dunfermline fans all insisted he was brilliant based on no evidence, before eventually the weight of his terrible performances left them no choice but to accept the reality which fans of every other club he'd played for had been saying all along - Scully is miles away from being good enough for this level.

That said, with almost half the division still looking for first choice goalkeepers it's feasible that some clubs will end up with even worse than Scully.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

That said, with almost half the division still looking for first choice goalkeepers it's feasible that some clubs will end up with even worse than Scully.

You are absolutely right. That's not to say that I don't have faith in Hare-Reid, he looks like he will be a better player in the near future. I would just like to think we had someone with a bit of experience at this level. I know next to hee-haw about Scully, just saw a slight similarity in appearance between the pictures..... And the beard. 

Kerr obviously has a plan here 🤔 I would like to think he's not going to mess up his new defence by signing a half-arsed Keeper.  His signings so far seem very good. 

Fingers crossed 🤞

30 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Welcome back @Roxanne's man  Where you been?

Thank you for asking Trogdor 😊

I've been Over-run with work 😐. Doing parties nowadays. Though I will admit that the last nursing home I did was a bad gig 🙄

Jokes aside, Ayr do need a keeper 🙄

IMG_20200917_084027.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man

23 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I've been Over-run with work 😐. Doing parties nowadays. Though I will admit that the last nursing home I did was a bad gig 🙄

IMG_20200917_084027.jpg

Keeper is not an issue , it’s under control and should be announced soon , believe finishing touches are in motion , think the focus now is all on the striker 

9 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Nobody is wearing goalie gloves in the photo. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Its good to see you back anyway. This thread can always use some character.

We do need a goalie but looks like its under control from what Robbo says. If its anything like recent signings I'm expecting better than Scully tbh.

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Have we ever seen Roxannes man and north British in the same room? 

Nah, Roxannes man has a bit of humour and knows what a meme is. I suspect North British does not.

20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Nobody is wearing goalie gloves in the photo. 

Ah, the picture isnt the best. I thought they were Goalie gloves 🙄 Either that or this fella has abnormally sized hands. We all know what that means 🤭..... 

He has no problem opening his beer. 👍

IMG_20200917_105235.jpg

If we sign Ryan Scully mere months after I argued with Pars fans about shite he is I’ll maybe need to take time off the forum.

Still think that wee guy is Reece Cole for what it’s worth.
Maybe Mark Kerr is doing a 4-6-0 with all the midfielders?

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

IMG_20200917_084027.jpg

No wonder care homes were hit hard by covid if this is the PPE they are being supplied

See the Morton and QOTS fans are still on the "plucky wee Ayr" attitude saying we're stupid dishing out two years deals just now and it's going to put us in the shits financially.

They obviously haven't accepted yet that we're on the rise as we've spanked the two of them in the league standings the last two seasons.

Reeks of jealousy and hatred IMO, splendid.

Maybe Mark Kerr is doing a 4-6-0 with all the midfielders?

Takes us back to the 16/17 season.

In all seriousness Cole would likely be a backup in the number 10 position if he signs. I know that Paton is training with us but I’d much rather we signed Cole if we are indeed looking at him.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Takes us back to the 16/17 season.

In all seriousness Cole would likely be a backup in the number 10 position if he signs. I know that Paton is training with us but I’d much rather we signed Cole if we are indeed looking at him.

If Cole signs I think he’d be the starting number 10 with Luke McCowan as back up.