The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Don't know if anyone's watching the Montpellier v Lyon match, however is seems strange that all the fans are crammed into the bottom tier and the top two tiers have been left empty ??

Makes a bit of a mockery of the social distancing etc.

We've been allowed to start our ice hockey season for winter.

Social distancing regulations in the city permit a roster of 16 players, but only 8 per dressing room, even though we are all crammed onto the same bench

So regardless of the country, the rules are contradictory in nature

17 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Social distancing regulations in the city permit a roster of 16 players, but only 8 per dressing room, even though we are all crammed onto the same bench

Given the issues that temperature controlled places (meat packing e.g.) are having with covid Ice Hockey being on seems odd. 

7 hours ago, North British said:

Surely Celtic will review the Ross County fiasco and get the boy out of there and back to a club that will help him develop in the long run .

Doubt Celtic will be able to recall until January at earliest. Kettlewell said last week original plan was for Doohan to start the season number 1 however since Celtic dragged their heels in approving the deal as they took ages to sign a goalie Doohan never signed until week of season opener and wasn't ready to start. 

Kettlewell still seems ademant he'll get his chance but struggle to see it unless Laidlaw has a couple of stinking games. Betfred Cup will probably be his first chance.

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Doubt Celtic will be able to recall until January at earliest. Kettlewell said last week original plan was for Doohan to start the season number 1 however since Celtic dragged their heels in approving the deal as they took ages to sign a goalie Doohan never signed until week of season opener and wasn't ready to start. 

Kettlewell still seems ademant he'll get his chance but struggle to see it unless Laidlaw has a couple of stinking games. Betfred Cup will probably be his first chance.

They would have to recall him and loan him back out during the window, I don't know if that would change if he made an appearance for Ross County.

Celtic would either have to recall him because he's not getting a game, they have played 7 league games so far so it unlikely but possible. Or, County could ask to terminate it based on him not being needed and to save money, which doesn't seem to be the biggest problem up there. 

10 hours ago, mugen_power said:

Are they doing it on a city by city (or state by state basis). Noticed in the NFL at the weekend there were a few trial runs with completely different approaches which I think was based upon the guidance given by their states. EIHL (Ice hockey over here - assuming you know that anyway) announced yesterday that the season was cancelled until Sept 2021. Seems to be some good progress on vaccines - not discounting the Russian one, UAE are trialing a Chinese made one, Pfizer in the states have also started trials. My hope is still that we will get back in this season. 

The two year deals are an excellent piece of business, something we've all been crying out for for years. Kudos to the club for standing by and looking after the players. Hopefully this season will get going and gradually "normality" will be resumed by the start of next.  We have lost a few great players but, honestly we've came out of the other side looking like a far more balanced team with room to grow. Would genuinely be absolutely gutted if we missed out on the playoffs this year rather than thinking it would be a good season to reach them. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That is Michael Paton I believe.

Ffs, hopefully he's just training with us to keep fitness up, we already have Micheal Miller who can play across the midfield and the right side of the pitch, don't need another player who can do the same IMO. Should only be signed on a 1 year deal and once we got priorities in such as GK and Striker

It’s also worth mentioning Kerr might’ve simply offered him a place to train to keep his fitness up. He might still be quite friendly with him from his Aberdeen days.

If he does sign then it’s another experienced head who’s versatile enough to play across midfield and in a couple more forward positions. I can only really remember him from his Dunfermline days but I’d imagine he’s not as good as he was then.

It’s also worth mentioning Kerr might’ve simply offered him a place to train to keep his fitness up. He might still be quite friendly with him from his Aberdeen days.

If he does sign then it’s another experienced head who’s versatile enough to play across midfield and in a couple more forward positions. I can only really remember him from his Dunfermline days but I’d imagine he’s not as good as he was then.
Bit odd the club put up a photo of him anyway, especially if he is just training for fitness