The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, diege said:

Chalmers, not exactly the wow factor signing everyones been harping on about. But decent enough 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Honestly, the way this has been built up, if Ayr dont sign a current full international its going to be a right let down! 😉

Oh dear................

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Oh dear................

Oh dear what......... Suppose we could be signing Willie Gibson, then I'd be worried.....

Edited by diege

Maybe not the "wow" factor some were hoping for but a very solid and good quality signing at this level I'd say.

(For the avoidance of doubt I'm talking about Chalmers and NOT Gibson)

Edited by WATTOO

Cliche alert but it's a good, solid signing for Ayr. He was dreadful when he first came to ICT but after a move to CM he was dependable enough without every really excelling. He did score a superb goal against Dundee United in the Scottish Cup and his set pieces are pretty decent but overall he's a pretty unfussy CM who strokes the ball about nicely. He won't win a lot of challenges but he'll be fine for keeping possession, taking it off the CBs and linking with the attacking players in the team. Probably a decent replacement for Kerr actually.

I had genuinely forgotten he existed after he disappeared into the Ross County money pit.

Just now, 1nickydevlin said:

Can't say I know much about him .Signing premiership players on 2 year deal shows how much the club has progressed in the last couple years.

Yes, remember the days when it was the likes of Cameron Connie we had to get "excited" about...