The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don’t know about anyone else, and no matter how it starts, but I am buzzing for this season.

All Covid aside, it’s another rebuild job and, I’m certainly impressed and excited to see the team play - whether it’s in the flesh, highlights, stream - whatever it may be

37 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Don’t know about anyone else, and no matter how it starts, but I am buzzing for this season.

All Covid aside, it’s another rebuild job and, I’m certainly impressed and excited to see the team play - whether it’s in the flesh, highlights, stream - whatever it may be

Me too, cannot wait. The tidbits about signings aren't enough to sustain me. Nor is watching the Scottish Premiership or English Premier League. Bring on the Super!

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Someone saying we have signed Reece Cole on the SRE don’t know if the source is reliable 

Was it Stevo's Gran? 

Just now, BukyOHare said:

Say the next signing is Reece Cole, is this not another slightly built ball playing midfielder? I fear we'll be like the Scottish equivalent of Arsenal. Tidy in possession, passing for fun but physically bullied by the opposition. 

Is that not how it usually goes anyway?  Sure Thistle fans rated Cole anyway so  he can't be that bad.

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Say the next signing is Reece Cole, is this not another slightly built ball playing midfielder? I fear we'll be like the Scottish equivalent of Arsenal. Tidy in possession, passing for fun but physically bullied by the opposition. 

Doesn’t stop Arsenal getting the results , didn’t see St Johnstone , Inverness or Ross County , bullying us near end of last season , I would rather have players who can play round the opposition than fill the team with hammer throwers , we have bigger more physical players avail e to play in middle of park if needed , like last season there will only be a couple team filled with the so called bigger physical players looking g at the current squads 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Is Cole not more of a Central defensive midfielder? could have him and Murdoch holding giving Zanatta, Walsh McCowan licence to roam and create for new center forward with Moff as a super sub.

I think our additional striker will be a loanee 

55 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

As much as I want to be buzzing for it, I won’t be until I’m allowed back in! Watching games on streams/highlights with no fans there is just soulless. The Scotland games were a prime example of this! Nothing compares to being there, being amongst fellow fans you’ve sat or stood with for years. Nothing compares to celebrating (or commiserating) with them. Sitting watching a stream won’t have those highs for me

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Doesn’t stop Arsenal getting the results , didn’t see St Johnstone , Inverness or Ross County , bullying us near end of last season , I would rather have players who can play round the opposition than fill the team with hammer throwers , we have bigger more physical players avail e to play in middle of park if needed , like last season there will only be a couple team filled with the so called bigger physical players looking g at the current squads 

You're missing the point entirely. For years Arsenal have massively underachieved on a number of levels. A team that were challenging for trophies were soon happy to finish in the top 4 to latterly struggling for top 6. Results? Not really. It's turning eventually after the appointment of Arteta but they're playing catchup after years of underachievement. 

Back to ourselves, a number of this seasons team will be massively different to last seasons.

What therefore has last seasons Cup games got to do with the debate of how potentially lightweight this year's team could be? 

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Is Cole not more of a Central defensive midfielder? could have him and Murdoch holding giving Zanatta, Walsh McCowan licence to roam and create for new center forward with Moff as a super sub.

He's more effective in the final third. Not a defensive midfielder based on what I saw. 

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

You're missing the point entirely. For years Arsenal have massively underachieved on a number of levels. A team that were challenging for trophies were soon happy to finish in the top 4 to latterly struggling for top 6. Results? Not really. It's turning eventually after the appointment of Arteta but they're playing catchup after years of underachievement. 

Back to ourselves, a number of this seasons team will be massively different to last seasons.

What therefore has last seasons Cup games got to do with the debate of how potentially lightweight this year's team could be? 

There’s more to a team than having big players in your team , I personally don’t think we need to fear being bullied by teams , we are not any less lightweight than we were last season , Kelly , Forrest , Docherty away and their replacements certainly seem to be as or not even more physical than them , 

Edited by Robbo63

Maybe Kerr sees Zanatta as being able to play up top if required, pretty sure he played up from for Alloa at times. Sounds as if it probably is Cole signing then, if it is a guy who's just been released from Brentford at 22 is a very good piece of business IMO. A 2 year deal would be a major coup IMO