The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Possibly Cammy Smith? See Dundee United just signed a creative midfielder, reckon Smith may be the guy who will be released. Can play attacking mid or striker. Would imagine we’d still be in for a striker after him if he was to be the player as it still leaves us short of the Drinan type target man. 
Good shout, be interesting to see if he's in the Dundee United team today. Not entirely sure if he's ever done that well wherever he's gone.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:
32 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:
Possibly Cammy Smith? See Dundee United just signed a creative midfielder, reckon Smith may be the guy who will be released. Can play attacking mid or striker. Would imagine we’d still be in for a striker after him if he was to be the player as it still leaves us short of the Drinan type target man. 

Good shout, be interesting to see if he's in the Dundee United team today. Not entirely sure if he's ever done that well wherever he's gone.

I’m sure St Mirren fans loved him during his loan spell when they won the league. Think he may have been their POTY. Just noticed he went out on loan in January to Dundalk. Might be way off the mark with him. 

I think Kerr may be looking at how Jan-Mar went last year. Injuries and loss of form killed us and games we were winning were 1-0 shit fests. With McCowan/Walsh/Zanata possibly Smith and even Moff, we’d have some brilliant link up attacking midfielders to create. Admittedly we’d need a penalty box striker to compliment them. 

40 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I think Kerr may be looking at how Jan-Mar went last year. Injuries and loss of form killed us and games we were winning were 1-0 shit fests. With McCowan/Walsh/Zanata possibly Smith and even Moff, we’d have some brilliant link up attacking midfielders to create. Admittedly we’d need a penalty box striker to compliment them

A fit Craig Moore is the boy for this. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:
2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

What he needs is to find a club where he can play regularly. Hopefully with us. 

Looking at his career, he's been out on loan here and there, and sitting on the bench for a good part of it. In short he's not been a regular 1st choice selection long enough to progress his undoubted talent fully. 

I don't see him as an out and out 10 either, create chances in the penalty box and he will score goals. 

Just now, BukyOHare said:

What he needs is to find a club where he can play regularly. Hopefully with us. 

Looking at his career, he's been out on loan here and there, and sitting on the bench for a good part of it. In short he's not been a regular 1st choice selection long enough to progress his undoubted talent fully. 

I don't see him as an out and out 10 either, create chances in the penalty box and he will score goals. 

Dundee United haven't announced that he's even been released yet so would be strange if he's signed a contract for us yesterday and united haven't even made it public that he has left, not convinced it's him but who knows. Kerrso likes to keep us guessing

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Dundee United haven't announced that he's even been released yet so would be strange if he's signed a contract for us yesterday and united haven't even made it public that he has left, not convinced it's him but who knows. Kerrso likes to keep us guessing

Think the guy who has signed is most likely a free agent otherwise his departing club would be making an announcement...difficult to keep moves quiet when there are two clubs involved.

I’m thinking more of where our priority’s lie . Got a feeling Drinan will rock up on loan when the dust settles down south , same rules for an on loan keeper . If that’s a gimme then our next priority would be a left sided central midfielder who can do a shift at left back . Kerrs talk of pedigree would suggest time spent at Rangers or Celtic , maybe a current or former U21 international  . Also perhaps playing in the Premier but has done time in the Championship like our recently signed centre half Jack Baird . Just saying  ...

Bryson could have sat in Aberdeen and saw out the last year of his contract if he was finished as a player, maybe even gone out on loan. The fact he has been released suggests he has either been paid out and won't play again or he is ready to start playing again and has been offered a decent gig somewhere. 

Getting a two year deal at Ayr might be that offer but at 33, why would you offer a two year deal other than continuity, which his injury situation may not allow and a two year deal would be better offered to a potential development opportunity. I don't think he would get more than an initial six month deal at any full time club in Scotland. 

Maybe going part time, more central belt and having a job outside of football may be what he is looking at. 

I don't think it would be a deal that would make a great deal of sense for Ayr. 

Barrie McKay ? Brother played for Ayr, been told he can leave Swansea, is training to be a barber...

Edited by diegomarahenry

4 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Doohan not on the bench for Ross County. So that's the 'keeper position sorted 😜

Saw that, presume that's due to not being able to play against his parent club or either that he picked up an injury while on international duty

Just now, rb123! said:

Saw that, presume that's due to not being able to play against his parent club or either that he picked up an injury while on international duty

The former, I'd say - and a waste of a young talent for him not to be playing regularly. Meanwhile, back at Somerset Park - come on, someone must know who this mystery signing is!

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Bryson could have sat in Aberdeen and saw out the last year of his contract if he was finished as a player, maybe even gone out on loan. The fact he has been released suggests he has either been paid out and won't play again or he is ready to start playing again and has been offered a decent gig somewhere. 

Getting a two year deal at Ayr might be that offer but at 33, why would you offer a two year deal other than continuity, which his injury situation may not allow and a two year deal would be better offered to a potential development opportunity. I don't think he would get more than an initial six month deal at any full time club in Scotland. 

Maybe going part time, more central belt and having a job outside of football may be what he is looking at. 

I don't think it would be a deal that would make a great deal of sense for Ayr. 

Barrie McKay ? 

McKay was in the daily record a day a or two ago saying he's been told to find a new club so he's maybe a shout.